• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think there will be a Switch Pro before the next Nintendo console?

• Yes, we will get the equivalent of a New 3DS.

Votes: 292 28.8%
  • No, the OLED was the final Nintendo Switch revision before Switch 2.

Votes: 519 51.2%
  • Why does everybody care what I think on this subject? We're all in the dark

Votes: 202 19.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia Lost has some really cool character designs, yet there is no Switch game.

Anti-consumer much?
They should make a cartoon so my wife, Mym, can be animated

latest

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Oh yeah Dragalia Lost is a thing lol. That game burnt me out so badly. The grind in that game is utterly ridiculous.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Let's not forget Persona 5 Strikers is on Switch and runs completely fine. P5/R is a less demanding game since it's turn-based.
P5S runs on a completely different engine than P5(R).
That's also why the second sentence doesn't make a whole bunch of sense -- the battle system or its structure doesn't automatically make a game more or less demanding, there's much more to it than that. You're oversimplifying it.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
That's also why the second sentence doesn't make a whole bunch of sense -- the battle system or its structure doesn't automatically make a game more or less demanding, there's much more to it than that. You're oversimplifying it.
Yeah, I see your point, but I still think it can run without much compromise on Switch. It started as a PS3 game after all and there isn't much that's terribly taxing about it.

I'm shocked they got Kakarot running on Switch, that seemed impossible to me.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think P5R is running on the same engine as Catherine Full Body right ? That one got ported last year.

Regardless P5 isn't a very taxing game, it is a PS3 game at its core after all.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm I got a text that my copy of Skyward Sword is on it's way - might have some luck and get it a day before release date. Long time since that happend =)

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Are there really only 58 minutes until we get to see the internet melt down over any and all positive and negative reviews of Skyward Sword HD? Exciting!

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, I see your point, but I still think it can run without much compromise on Switch. It started as a PS3 game after all and there isn't much that's terribly taxing about it.

I'm shocked they got Kakarot running on Switch, that seemed impossible to me.
Agreed, I think it should absolutely be able to run on Switch either way.
I think P5R is running on the same engine as Catherine Full Body right ? That one got ported last year.

Regardless P5 isn't a very taxing game, it is a PS3 game at its core after all.
Yeah, iirc they do share the engine indeed. Neither power nor technology should be much of a hurdle for a potential Persona Switch port, I'd wager. The business side of things, tho...

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to these Skyward Sword reviews because I really can't tell if I want it yet or not. Especially with NTWEWY coming one week later, which is already locked for a pre order.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Well, my copy of Skyward Sword HD has shipped. Wonder when the joycons will get here.

This week has turned into a really busy work week. Gonna try and get some more MH Stories 2 in ahead of Zelda.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
maybe maybe not. people are hypothesizing that dev kits are actually Jetson Xaviers with the Switch OS because Dane kits aren't ready. last we heard, Dane has yet to be taped out. but this was back in April and we have no update since

Is Dane the code name for Switch with DLSS/4K output? Is it listed in the firmware yet.

I would assume Aula is Switch OLED.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
man, if this new joy-con surgery turns out to be effective it'll be a better announcement for me than the switch pro would have been

all I've needed for years was a controller fix

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what are we feeling, embargo drops today or tomorrow?
for skyward sword? it's in 5 minutes.

edit:
www.resetera.com

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD | Review Thread

Metacritic (81) OpenCritic (82) Console Creatures (recommended): Eurogamer (recommended): 3DJuegos (recommended, review in Spanish): The Verge (no score): Ars Technica (no score): EGM (5/5): VGC (5/5): Daily Mirror (5/5): GameOver.gr (10/10, review in Greek): God is a Geek...

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Good old Wednesday 2pm meetings. Gonna try and sneakily get reviews open on my second screen.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Geeze, ten years ago the OG Skyward Sword got a 93 metacritic. How could Nintendo have made the game so much worse??????

/s

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
BOTW made the issues in OG Skyward Sword much more apparent. That might explain the gap between SSHD's score and the original's. It's still getting pretty good scores, with the motion controls still being a bigger flaw (i'm gonna play it on my Lite, so not an issue for me)

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On my personal scale Skyward Sword is probably a "this is like having the best pancakes in the world at Michael Cera's house" which translates to a 82 so that's another metascore I was spot on. I can't keep getting away with this, friends.

May 1, 2021
Wow how did Nintendo make the HD version of Skyward Sword so much worse than the original version? (Tongue in cheek) Good old Metacritic!! I think people are now comparing it to Breath of the Wild and that is lowering the scores. I have read that a few times in different reviews. My recollection of Skyward Sword is extremely positive so I cannot wait to play the HD version on Friday!

Sep 8, 2020
I feel like game critics should have to wait a while until they put a review out. I feel like when SS was originally out for Wii, there was pressure to not just put the reviews out as fast as possible which is always the case, but maybe their feelings about the game would have changed with a bit more retrospection. SS is a game that ends on a pretty high note with some lovely music and the fact that it's a Zelda game can leave you with a pretty good feeling when all things are said and done, coating the rest of the adventure in a nice sheen. Maybe these were the scores SS was meant to get all along.
All the same, I loved the game and can't wait to pick it up this evening!

Sep 8, 2020
Wow how did Nintendo make the HD version of Skyward Sword so much worse than the original version? (Tongue in cheek) Good old Metacritic!! I think people are now comparing it to Breath of the Wild and that is lowering the scores. I have read that a few times in different reviews. My recollection of Skyward Sword is extremely positive so I cannot wait to play the HD version on Friday!
I find the BOTW comparisons to be a bit unfair. The game was made for a different time and there's only so much that can be changed to update it to modern standards. I feel like remasters (read: not remakes) should be reviewed with a little blurb on the original review talking about the updates, what they think about them, and then commenting on the game's age. Slapping a new score on a 2011 game in 2021 seems a bit mean lol.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Skyward Sword review thread proving once again how incredibly negative and toxic online communities are. It's honestly kind of amazing I still enjoy video games after being a part of this community for so long. Definitely ready for another long break.

oese0

Feb 1, 2020
Germany
The SS review thread is absolutely wack. Good to see people shitting on others cause they enjoy a certain video game.

Also, saw a take that implied that reviewers go easy on Nintendo most of the time. That person didn't see that Mario Golf got a 71 two weeks ago.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
september direct will have
splatoon 3
pokemon arceus (probably)
q1 2022 game(s), maybe kirby?
animal crossing?

get hype