Status
Not open for further replies.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
Niceeee! Hi, new thread!

This is the one where Metroid Dread will be released and hopefully a new Nintendo Direct (in FCC filings we trust) with some new Xeno love.

Last, but not least, the first one that I'll probably read on my new home in a few weeks!

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Niceeee! Hi, new thread!

This is the one where Metroid Dread will be released and hopefully a new Nintendo Direct (in FCC filings we trust) with some new Xeno love.

Last, but not least, the first one that I'll probably read on my new home in a few weeks!

I don't know. If we get a direct, this thread might not last 2 1/2 weeks.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fuck, I kinda need a new Direct or something right now...

Might even buy Cruis'N or Kena or something pleasent to distract myself

A new tooth has started to hurt after I literally just had one out a few weeks ago. I'm fucking terrified that it's gonna have to happen again and I have really nobody to talk to about it

Wolflet

Jan 3, 2019
I would laugh so hard if after Nintendo revised the privacy window of the new controller and didn't announce it before Friday, the FCC would reveal a new controller for Nintendo. I can't fathom Nintendo would revise it and not at least announce what it is in the next 2ish days.

But I've been proven wrong in the past lol.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I just hope it's not just Gameboy for NSO, I really want to see advance and N64.
There's not really any rumors that Advance is coming soon, but N64 seems likely now
Fuck, I kinda need a new Direct or something right now...

Might even buy Cruis'N or Kena or something pleasent to distract myself

A new tooth has started to hurt after I literally just had one out a few weeks ago. I'm fucking terrified that it's gonna have to happen again and I have really nobody to talk to about it
Sorry to hear that, friend. Hopefully it's just a coincidence and is unreleated?

I'm also tempted by Cruis'n and Kena. Cruis'n I think I'll wait for a sale since I don't anticipate finishing Eastward before Dread releases, and Kena I'll probably wait until I get a PS5

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
One of the worst takes i read about Metroid is it should have NPCs and side quests
Yeah, just does not fit with the series. It's sad because I'd like to see more characters in the series, but it just doesn't gel.

I think the best way to fit more characters in Metroid is a single rival for Samus in a game. Which seems to be what we are getting with the Chozo Warlord in Dread and presumably Sylux in Prime 4.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I would laugh so hard if after Nintendo revised the privacy window of the new controller and didn't announce it before Friday, the FCC would reveal a new controller for Nintendo. I can't fathom Nintendo would revise it and not at least announce what it is in the next 2ish days.

But I've been proven wrong in the past lol.
see that's what makes it more of a sure thing for me. Its not like the date has always been the 24th, Nintendo moved it there intentionally today. There is no reason whatsoever to do that if there is no announcement this week

Oct 26, 2017
Niceeee! Hi, new thread!

Congrats on the new place then! 👏

Ooof. Any idea on what's causing that or anything? Is it just cavities? Because, damn, that could be something serious

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Worst case scenario is that Nintendo sees this email from the FCC about their confidentality change today, realizes they made a mistake, and immediately takes action to put it back into confidentiality:
Just to add to this: FCC sent this mail to Yoshihiro Tanaka at 09:09:37 EDT which corresponds to 22:09:37 (10 PM) JST. I doubt Tanaka was in office at that time, so we'll likely have to wait a few hours more for any eventual changes. At time of writing this, JST is 04:35 AM.

Wolflet

Jan 3, 2019
see that's what makes it more of a sure thing for me. Its not like the date has always been the 24th, Nintendo moved it there intentionally today. There is no reason whatsoever to do that if there is no announcement this week
Oh I know. Personally, if they still didn't reveal it after seemingly intentionally changing it to Friday the 24th, then they have some very weird marketing tactics that are beyond our understanding and might be some next level marketing strategies.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Sorry to hear that, friend. Hopefully it's just a coincidence and is unreleated?

I'm also tempted by Cruis'n and Kena. Cruis'n I think I'll wait for a sale since I don't anticipate finishing Eastward before Dread releases, and Kena I'll probably wait until I get a PS5

Ooof. Any idea on what's causing that or anything? Is it just cavities? Because, damn, that could be something serious

Thanks for the support :)

I don't know; it's not happening normally but it was when I bit down on some garlic bread... exactly like what happened with the other tooth. I'm gonna book in an appointment to get it checked (and I've already got like 6 other appointments lined up to get other teeth sorted out). It was fine in July when I last had X-Rays and such so who knows. It's just so, so fucking scary I really do hate myself for letting it get this bad...

As for Cruis'n and Kena... the former I might wait for a sale and the latter I might wait for physical. £35 is a bit much for a game that's going to only be 9-11 hours long; I prefer to get those physical so I can sell them afterwards.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to hear about your ailments, Plum. While you wait for an appointment you might want to consider getting some chlorhexidine gluconate (there are precription free variants), in case you haven't already got it. I have a more or less chronic problem with a tooth and I use that if it gets too bad.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
For extra contrarian points, I'm tempted to predict that there's a full Direct this week which also reveals the controller, but the controller turns out to just be a generic accessory.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Watch folks instead of Nintendo having Xenoblade 3 as the Direct closer it will be a brand new 3D Donkey Kong game.

Remember this post.

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
If it is N64 and does come at a higher price they're going to want a bigger audience than just Twitter.

May 12, 2021
Alright, so if we really are going to get N64 on NSO soon, and we could only get 15, which games do you think we'll get on the first day it's available?
I could see:
-Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-Paper Mario
-Mario Party
-Mario Party 2
-Mario Party 3
-Zelda OoT
-Zelda MM
-DK 64
-Kirby 64
-Star Fox 64
-Pilotwings
-F Zero GX
-Yoshis Story
-Smash 64

sheeldz

Jun 8, 2021
I mean, I love all the excitement. But there's even a minor chance that this wouldn't be a Nintendo Direct, per so, or even a Mini - they could just go ahead and be like "Nintendo Switch Online Direct" and invent a whole new thing...

Plum

May 31, 2018
Sorry to hear about your ailments, Plum. While you wait for an appointment you might want to consider getting some chlorhexidine gluconate (there are precription free variants), in case you haven't already got it. I have a more or less chronic problem with a tooth and I use that if it gets too bad.

Thanks for the advice; I do have some Corsodyl so I'll continue to use that. It is only when I bit down on the crust of some garlic bread (homemade... was delicious tbh) so it's not chronic, thankfully, just petrifying.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So do the N64 games drop on Friday and the controller comes later? Or do we have to wait until the controller is ready?
For the SNES, the games were added to NSO on September 5th (the day after the announcement), and the controller started shipping out on September 18th.

And this is probably for the Game Boy/Color, not the N64.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The FCC filing for HAC043 was updated - all of the "short term confidential" docs that were initially confidential until March 2022 will now be available on Friday 9/24/2021. Nintendo will show us before Friday what this is.

Go to https://gov.fccid.io/BKEHAC043 and click "Summary", then get in the happening bunker.

I don't completely understand what I'm looking at here. Is this software, hardware, something else?

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Alright, so if we really are going to get N64 on NSO soon, and we could only get 15, which games do you think we'll get on the first day it's available?
I could see:
-Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-Paper Mario
-Mario Party
-Mario Party 2
-Mario Party 3
-Zelda OoT
-Zelda MM
-DK 64
-Kirby 64
-Star Fox 64
-Pilotwings
-F Zero GX
-Yoshis Story
-Smash 64

Mario 64 is a no go. All-Stars can still be found at retail.

Mario Party won't happen when Superstars is coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.