• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Uhhhhh...

... I honestly don't know what to pick as either way could make the decision much easier for some people lol
I think all N64 should mean all, including Rare games. It's going up not just against GB/GBC but also GBA, which is huge. Even with the Rare titles, N64 has comparatively few games

Plum

May 31, 2018
I think all N64 should mean all, including Rare games. It's going up not just against GB/GBC but also GBA, which is huge. Even with the Rare titles, N64 has comparatively few games

Yeah, you're right.

OK, that's my executive decision.

"All major titles," means all first and third-party titles that haven't already had a release on Switch (so, say, Final Fantasy Adventure wouldn't be included as a GB game and Star Wars Pod Racer wouldn't come out on the N64 side).

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
If the N64 NSO gams are done in the same way Super Mario 64 was done for the 3D All-Stars then I am all for it.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Well we would never actually get all N64 games because of third party rights. Just getting all first party Nintendo stuff would be fine. And games like Blast Corps and such are no longer first party so of course they're not going to be there. Multiple other Rare games also have licensing to deal with.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Ahh, ok on the fccid.io, the dates are still march, thank you!
fccid.io (top) is an aggregator and evidently doesn't update that fast. fcc.gov (bottom) is the actual government site.

Untitled.png

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
UUuh that filing thing i now see that it was recently changed to March 2022 (Oatmealdome on twitter) as deadline and not this friday

Where smoke is, is fire, but dont let it become a forestfire people
There's a reason this is a forest fire, it's because you misread that and it was actually changed from March 2022 to this friday.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I know somebody already said this, but damn, we really could actually be playing Ocarina of Time this weekend.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, it was found that Nintendo has until Friday to reveal this mystery new controller themselves. So it's fairly good proof that 'something' is gonna happen, with a Direct being fairly possible to announce it.
Here is the post Plum is talking about.
Interesting. Could still be a stand-alone announcement (Twitter/YouTube upload), but coupled with recent trademarks for third party games, it should be enough smoke, maybe, maybe not, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.