• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestipher

Jun 11, 2020
What if it's a switch-sized, Gameboy-shaped controller that you dock your Switch into to play the newly released Gameboy games on NSO.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Next time frames to watch if anything happens

18:00 PST / 21:00 EST / 03:00 CEST / 10:00 JST - Nintendo Service Online games update: they tend to drop at this time on late Tuesday in US / early Wednesday in Europe and Wednesday morning in Japan.
20:00 PST / 23:00 EST / 05:00 CEST / 12:00 JST - late Tuesday in US / Wednesday in Europe and Japan is when Atlus announces that a new SMTV trailer iss going to be published; the same happened in July and August. The news comes exactly 24 hours in advance before the new trailer premieres. In both July and August, the trailer was followed around one week later by a "Shin Megami Tensei V News Vol." talk segment to discuss about the new infos from that trailer. Back in August they said the next iteration was going to happen in late September but no trailer and no news on the news talk so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I wanted to take this chance to share my reaction on the whole Media Create mess.
I won't go too much in detail, I'd have way too many words and most of them would be far from kind, so I'll just state the following:

I won't create PAL Sales threads any longer, neither I'll take Chris1964's place in creating Media Create threads. This wasn't my initial intention, I wanted to try to keep the SalesEra spirit and what was left of the community going. Unfortunately, due to the even more recent developments, it's not possible anymore.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Wild card: NSO updates in 1 hour since it's a Tuesday and they like to do it at 9 PM EST.

Dec 21, 2020
Right, agreed. It's especially frustrating because I, a complete outsider to that thread, could tell the mod in question was acting in bad faith before the Discord receipts came out, but apparently no one on staff could? And people who tried pointing this out were banned, even if it was on Twitter? That's not good enough
Bear with me as I don't know if the thread is on this subject anymore:
Not only that, but the one poster that has been provocactive, argued in bad faith left and right, took what posters said and completely turned it upside down for the sake of their argument and the trollish behavior that was evident from a mile away didn't get addressed, but the poster that did call them out for once got a ban and now will likely never return to the site. That one poster who has been doing it for months mind you, it's not a one off thing, no it's for a while that they've been doing this. The discord receipts that came out make me wonder if they were planted their months ago or were from that same chat and on their own volition chose to instigate the whole thing, as it presumably was targeted at the heart of the Sales community and completely dismantled it, while the other poster roams free with nothing at all.

I'm just, so really dissatisfied, disappointed, disgusted and disheartened at the whole fiasco from top to bottom in and out. And I'm venting a bit.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
What if it's a switch-sized, Gameboy-shaped controller that you dock your Switch into to play the newly released Gameboy games on NSO.
It would be even bigger than the original GB! Not a good idea but it's not like you were the first to suggest it. Whatever the N64 controller is, it has a joy-con battery inside it, a game boy shell would just have buttons that pass inputs via the touch screen without needing batteries.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Given that an N64 controller is a given, I do hope we get a GameBoy inspired controller in some form, too.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Nintendo era can go on strong for a good while, the MC thread scared me :(

I feel like this thread is really important to the site overall

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo should make a cube controller.

And no, I don't mean a GameCube controller. I do mean a literal CUBE controller.

thumb.php

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think we've overlooked the real question:

What color will the N64 controller be?
That's the biggest question mark, do they go boring default, choose the later player 2 pack in variant(atomic purple) or do they have multiple choices?

Inb4 it's a 2 pack with a gray and an atomic purple

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

That's the biggest question mark, do they go boring default, choose the later player 2 pack in variant(atomic purple) or do they have multiple choices?

I personally had a grey one, a blue one, and an atomic orange one growing up. Hoping for one of those three for the nostalgia

LiC

Dec 1, 2017

Boring default.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Great thread title.

I'm almost done with the Mario section of Mario's Super Picross. I think I've finally opened my third eye when it comes to these puzzles.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Real sad about the MC thread. It was the only thread I frequented mostly on this site and Chris had invaluable knowledge, hopefully he'll share his insight on a different site

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
At most I expect like one color variation that is also super limited and sells out immediately.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Man what a day.

Also, discord is so hard to read and follow.

Just some personal musings.

Joxer

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Toxic Trolling
So with most of the sales regulars leaving, it seems like we can finally just make up numbers whenever and wherever we want!

I can't wait to cheerlead, post Banderas GIFs and ignore reality.

The Media Create threads will no longer have Media Create top 5s from Japan, Taiwan and South Korea and the Famitsu Top 30.

Instead, we will have the glory of Famitsu Most Wanted, Famitsu Digital Estimates, COMG! and of course YouTube metrics.

Are you all excited for the great discourse to come?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Discord/Twitch chats are pure madness and not good for conversation.

Neither is reddit with its popularity contests and terrible formatting. Forums are a good neutral ground that can support a small chat or a large group, with an easy ability to catch up.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So with most of the sales regulars leaving, it seems like we can finally just make up numbers whenever and wherever we want!

I can't wait to cheerlead, post Banderas GIFs and ignore reality.

The Media Create threads will no longer have Media Create top 5s from Japan, Taiwan and South Korea and the Famitsu Top 30.

Instead, we will have the glory of Famitsu Most Wanted, Famitsu Digital Estimates, COMG! and of course YouTube metrics.

Are you all excited for the great discourse to come?
There was also one time where a game success was measured by the number of posts in its topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.