• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Here's it from the site:

The Verge recently reached out to Nintendo and was able to get a comment from them, but it may not be exactly what fans were hoping to hear from them. Essentially, the stated that they are aware of the issues and that anyone experiencing them can direct their complaints to Nintendo's support page.

"At Nintendo, we take great pride in creating quality products and we are continuously making improvements to them," they said. "We are aware of recent reports that some Joy-Con controllers are not responding correctly. We want our consumers to have fun with Nintendo Switch, and if anything falls short of this goal we always encourage them to visit http://support.nintendo.com/ so we can help."

Please watch this video!

Last edited:

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
"We are aware of recent reports that some Joy-Con controllers are not responding correctly."

What a joke comment...

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Recent reports? Hasn't this been known from the first six months of the Switch's life?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
"recent reports"

They've literally had this issue since Day 1. Had it with 2 different launch units.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Call Nintendo Customer Support so they can charge you $40 per out of warranty Joy-Con repair (yes this is the actual price, from experience).

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
This pretty much tells you that something more like that Class Action thing is needed to put some pressure on Nintendo, even though it seems like a long process.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting in on that class action. Maybe I'll get a free joycon. Or 87 cents after attorney fees

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they get the shit sued out of them.

It's really scummy and the fact that they are selling defective (expensive) goods knowingly to customers is horrific. The Switch Lite is all but certain to face problems too, what a shitshow.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
This is a joke, 4 of Joy cons had drift defects, i had to replace them 4 times, not even funny....

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
They'll likely settle and quietly replace bad joycons with fixed ones, which is why they are asking people to contact them.

Oct 26, 2017
Thankfully, both of mine had the issue within their warranty so I got them fixed for free. Really, this does seem to be their own Red Ring of Death. It may not be as bad as that but it's still too common of an issue and something they really should've had fixed by now or at least soon

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
3a0.gif

Aren't they getting sued?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Especially useful for consumers in the Americas where there's no official support. Thanks.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo is going to end up paying a pretty penny for this because of the class action, it's obviously an issue they're aware of that instead of addressing they still are trying to pretend it's a nothingburger

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I take it you need to be a us citizen for that? My day one joycons just started to drift and I'd rather not shell out to replace them.
Not sure. There was a thread posted about it. I'd read the terms, but likely limited to the US since laws around this obviously differ by jurisdiction. But if there is a settlement, it could put pressure on Nintendo to offer a solution worldwide. Either way, this lawsuit likely won't have a resolution for years.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I have seven pair of them and haven't had any issues with any of 'em.
It's more common than red ring. 100% of joycons will obtain drift. It's only a matter of when.
I'd put it at "buy a pro controller as soon as you get the system".
Its insanely intermittent. I have about 10 joycon since near launch and none of them do it, I know about 6 people with their own switches and none of them do it. However its all over the internet so it must be a thing.
Its very strange
. . . ok

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I got charged 30$ last week for my Joycon repair with drifting issue, and that's excluding shipping...

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how Nintendo flopped so hard in controller quality this generation. Between this and the Pro D-pad issue, it's like they can't even get basic functions to work.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I feel like we should have a poll based on where your switch is from and if you experienced it. I should have mentioned I and everyone I know that has one bought it from New Zealand.
Has anyone here outside of the US experienced it?

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Call Nintendo Customer Support so they can charge you $40 per out of warranty Joy-Con repair (yes this is the actual price, from experience).

I said no and they offered to do it for $20.

so the option is there, and 20 is definitely better than 40, but 40 for ONE of the two joycons is literally more expensive than just buying a new pair if you count them individually. 20 isn't terrible, but again, this issue is so widespread they should be doing it for free or at least substantially cheaper. but the option is there for those that want it I guess.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Got excited for no reason whatsoever. Yeah no, fuck off with that shit, the Joycons are absolutely terrible controllers when it comes to quality and build, on paper they are a great concept, but the constant issues make them hardly ideal as the default controller. Getting that 8bitdo adapter as soon as I know of someone coming from the US who can do me a favor and bring a couple over.