• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is exactly what I expected it to be. I don't seriously expect it to happen, but I am going to dream about Silksong to get the "1 last thing" treatment, since revealing it in an Indie Direct is the only way that could even happen.

I would say I want something Castlevania related but it has DLC coming to V Rising, so that's probably all the scraps I get from Konami this year. 😭 I also ate pretty damn good on Castlevania like indie and fan games last month, (shout out to: Carpathian Night, Lords of Exile, Crypt Stalker (Switch version), and Castlevania Revamped for example), so not exactly hurting—but more never hurts! 🤣

Silksong is probably getting a release date or shadow drop. It being rated, showing up on store fronts and now a Nintendo Direct (even if it is indie) is coming up? I believe.

Belieeeeeeve.

I just wish Bushiden would get a release date. Been waiting on that one going on six years now. 🫠

wingthor

Sep 18, 2021
Silksong is an indie game, despite people trying to make it out to not be. It could be there (although it won't).

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Silksong to be re-revealed... as a slice of life farming simulator.

Grow your crops and increase your social links with the other bugs in this cozygame.

Oct 25, 2017
F2e9we1aAAgllLJ.png

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Don't care if it's not coming, I lost nothing at all hoping for Silksong to be there. Regardless, I'm gonna get 20 minutes of info from Indies so it's gonna be dope.

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
Most exiting event for me and SO, let's go!!:)
Always at least a huge surprise in there, this time could be the time for the song of the silk…

I'll be trying to conjure the last game(all my wanted game have come or are coming on eshop at this point) i want:
Noita
But I'm there for the surprises:)

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same people who thought GTAVI would be at the Game Awards lol. People have this weird obsession of pairing every single trailer drop with one of these big livestreams or console manufacturer direct. If the game is big enough, it is not needed.
Very few people thought GTAVI trailer would show up at Game Awards and Silksong is very far from being as big as GTAVI.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
It's the same people who thought GTAVI would be at the Game Awards lol. People have this weird obsession of pairing every single trailer drop with one of these big livestreams or console manufacturer direct. If the game is big enough, it is not needed.
Weird obsession?

That's just how the vast majority of games are marketed.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Bit of an escalation there.

People just want a trailer / release date. It's not that serious.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
All we need is a release date, and then we will all shut up about Silksong

It doesn't even need to be announced at a direct or anything. Team Cherry could just throw it up on their website. That's all people need to relax. Just a release date

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not getting my hopes up for tomorrow, but I did find this lovely Rock Paper Shotgun exploration of Hollow Knight's creation process from back in the day (9 years ago!).

There's lots of sketches, concept art and the like, plus commentary from Ari Gibson of Team Cherry. Something to enjoy while we wait.

Hollow Knight concept art

bb1173

May 1, 2022
It at least had, but was revealed during a regular Nintendo Direct in 2019.
it actually wasn't. someone mentioned in another thread (think Australia rating one) but silksong trailer was released the day AFTER a direct.

it did show up at a nintendo treehouse a few months later I believe though

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting info on Simogo's "Lorelei and the laser eyes". There was a big feature about it in Edge recently and they said a spring release....