• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I mean this is basically what already happens. Silksong has been a blight on indieworld threads for like 4 years
I was thinking the same. Indie World games doesn't need Silksong to be present for the entire conversation to be derailed by Silksong anyway. Luckily, as I said before, this is going to be the last

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty great Indie World!
Lot of good looking stuff in there but a sequel to the best Steamworld game is especially exciting.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say I've been playing stitch. for a few weeks now and it's a really relaxing game and filling those drawings does good to the brain.

Koyaannis

May 5, 2021
Yeah, doing a "One last announcement !" is kinda cruel for HK fans right now.

Must also sucks for the SteamWorld devs : "We got the sweet sweet last annoucement spot but everybody was disapointed and wanted Silksong".

Tyranitar

Aug 3, 2023
Saw a few games I'm interested in. Ninja Turtles especially.

Silksong is too big for an Indie World at this point. Would genuinely suck for every other game featured cause no one would be talking about anything besides Silksong.

It's too big to be featured in an indie showcase for a platform on track to dethrone the PS2? What would be an appropriate way to finally show it then? It wasn't even mentioned today and the crowd interested in it are making themselves heard over the other indie titles announced anyway.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
May looking too stacked, bro. Including the ones from this Direct that caught my eye:

1000xResist
Nine Sols
Little Kitty, Big City
Lorelei and the Laser Eyes
Duck Detective
Crow Country
Indika
Animal Well
Hauntii

Thought that the best game from the last Direct was Enjoy the Diner, and that only got like 3 seconds. Schim took that mantle here methinks.

Prototype

Sep 2, 2023

Must also sucks for the SteamWorld devs : "We got the sweet sweet last annoucement spot but everybody was disapointed and wanted Silksong".
I think this was the first time where I was like "damn no silkosng :(. Damn, new Steamworld Heist game :D"
Still want a new Steamworld Dig game though, I play through the second one every now and then to relax. Such a good game.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
NA's was pretty lame for me, not a single that may interest me, meanwhile the JP had Arranger, a cute coop penguin game, A Dance of fire and Ice and they showed Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus, silksong obsession is pretty obnoxious but they should have shown Bō too on the western showcase.

Plus it was narrated by Koyasu Takehito.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Heist 2, Little Kitty, Bzzt, Europa, Valley Peaks... all looked cool and weren't yet on my radar.

Psyched for Lorelai, Schim, Animal World and Another Crab's Treasure.

Surprisingly interested in Cat Quest 3, have seen the franchise around for years but not really a cat person and they seemed sorta basic fluff but are they good actually?

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
It's too big to be featured in an indie showcase for a platform on track to dethrone the PS2? What would be an appropriate way to finally show it then? It wasn't even mentioned today and the crowd interested in it are making themselves heard over the other indie titles announced anyway.
Maybe Xbox has the exclusive rights to show it again since they did so in 2022.

I also think the game is too big for an indie showcase. At this point it's basically the Metroid Prime 4 of the indie space. It would steal the spotlight. Nintendo is trying to spread the love.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Silksong is going to sell millions on day one, it does not need a boost from Indie World of all things alongside stuff like Little Kitty Big City, Sticky Business, and Europa. The fact it's still sucking all the air out of the room years later despite being a constant no-show is proof enough of that. They can literally launch a trailer for it whenever they want and dominate the news cycle, Indie Worlds should be about showing games that still need to find their audience because it's really hard for most indie devs to do that.

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
I thought this was a great show. It looks like there's potential in a lot of stuff, and if a lot of it was already known, it was new to me, or I was happy to get a new look at it.

Out of the games that had their own segment:
Most interesting: Little Kitty, Europa, stitch, Cat Quest 3, SteamWorld Heist 2, Antonblast

Other stuff that I'd be less likely to get, but still seemed cool was: sticker game, android game

Then some good/great-looking stuff in the sizzle real.

A bunch of stuff that showed well, to me. Obviously not assuming the final quality.

Oh, and Valley Peaks.

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
Oh wow incredible direct, so much interesting games:).
We need more games where the main way of interacting isn't attacking and this one delivered.

Also afaic SWH2>silksong

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

It's definitely a bummer that HK fans keep shitting things up like this.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
If I come away from any of these presentations with 3 or games I am looking forward to, it's a big success to me. There are already too many games I want to play, bizarre to expect even 40% of any of these to appeal to me.

Was hoping to have a close release for Lorelei and the Laser Eyes and got it.
Cat Quest III release date.
Steamworld Heist 2 announcement and release date.
Antonblast looks cool and with a demo
Great to be reminded of SCHiM
Europa with a demo.

That's solid gold.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021

Expecting something based on wishful thinking and getting disappointed that it doesn't happen is not cruel.

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
-Little Kitty, big city is a day one for me
-Yars. My list of metroidvanias is too long rn
-Refind self is def on my radar, seems very interesting
-sticky buisness
-Antonblast, very interested in this new Wario like genre
-Valley peaks, day one. It reminds me of a short hike
-lorelei and the laser eyes it is still day one
-Europa seems lovely
-teenage mutant Ninja rogue like did not convince me but if i end up buying it will be on eshop to play coop without buying it 2 times
-Catquest 3 looks awesome, very interested
-stitch. Bought. Are you kidding me? A minesweeper/Picross game on switch is just perfect for me and SO
-Bzzzzt
-duck detective
-animal well, very cool looking game
-STEAMWORLD HEIST 2 day one. The first one is quite a fantastic game and this looks to expand on every aspect of it

grang

Nov 13, 2017

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
NA's was pretty lame for me, not a single that may interest me, meanwhile the JP had Arranger, a cute coop penguin game, A Dance of fire and Ice and they showed Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus, silksong obsession is pretty obnoxious but they should have shown Bō too on the western showcase.

Plus it was narrated by Koyasu Takehito.
Thanks for mentioning Bō, did not know about it before now and just wishlisted on Steam. Between that, Europa, and Steamworld Heist 2 I'd say this was a pretty decent showing for me.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
Lol of course Yars Rising the main character has to have a crop-top that does not subtly suggest her boob size. Devs just can't help themselves.