• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Koyaannis

May 5, 2021
Lmao. Not everything revolves around Silksong. You're setting yourself up for disappointment every time. This was not "cruel" in any way, shape or form.

It's definitely a bummer that HK fans keep shitting things up like this.

Not really, no. But posts like this are definitely becoming weird.

Expecting something based on wishful thinking and getting disappointed that it doesn't happen is not cruel.
Oh, my tone was kinda tongue-in-cheek, i should've worded it as "Funny how "One more thing" annoucements became hurtful for HK fans". In no way I blame Nintendo for putting a last annoucement. Sorry for the misunderstanding. English is not my first language so I must've putted it wrong.

As my following statement said, it must sometimes suck way much for the other indie devs to be caught in the Silksong hype/disappointment cycle.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Thanks for the Antonblast love all. So happy to see so many devs get a spotlight today. Make sure you check out the Japanese upload and get a look at our friends' game A Dance of Fire and Ice if you're rhythm heads!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, so I was half right about Antonblast. November 12? Bah.

The cat big city game is untitled goose game with a cat?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Guys.

We've been over this.

Silksong is one of the most-anticipated games going right now.

It's way, way, WAY to big for an Indie World.

This is going to be part of a Nintendo Direct, or another major, MAJOR presentation.

I get people are hyped. I know Team Cherry knows that people are hyped. Give them time.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Holy shit, Steamworld Heist II!!!!!!

Fuck, i'm happy. Best indie world ever.

Lots of cool stuff. Feel like the ending clip with "minor indies" was kind of silly when there was just 4 games. It would be cooler if they all got the same time, even if the first announcements were shorter. Plus i feel like they were arguably more interesting games than the ones that got more time on the average.

Also, happy that Silksong didn't show up. We know the game exists already, i want to know about new stuff. As someone that like Heist a lot more than Hollow Knight, i would be sad if the final announcement was Silksong instead lol

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Bzzzt looks gorgeous my god. It's like the perfect HD recreation of the SNES pixel art aesthetic.
Please give a chance to Bzzzt everyone, it's really a neat platform game that recently even had an update with more contents:

View: https://youtu.be/o1Es_bkPBiw

I've had the pleasure to give feedbacks to the developer before the release and it's a great person, it used to work on the first Mafia as well, so send him some love!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guys.

We've been over this.

This is going to be part of a Nintendo Direct, or another major, MAJOR presentation.

I get people are hyped. I know Team Cherry knows that people are hyped. Give them time.
Sorry I'm still going to hope for Silksong for every presentation. Just the way it is 🤷‍♂️ There will be fewer chains of HK related posts in these threads if people don't try to stop other people from being excited.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please give a chance to Bzzzt everyone, it's really a neat platform game that recently even had an update with more contents:

View: https://youtu.be/o1Es_bkPBiw

I've had the pleasure to give feedbacks to the developer before the release and it's a great person, it used to work on the first Mafia as well, so send him some love!

I wish it was available on PS5 so I could play it in my big 4K TV. Has the dev said anything about a PS5 port?

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
oh wow steamworld heist 2 was announced. Bit of a pull but the first game was great. All the steamworld games are very good over multiple genres, its quite impressive world theyve built around it.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
In for Little Kitty, Cat Quest III, Europa and the shadow game that looked awesome on the ending montage! Maybe the crab game too.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
Playing the Europa demo on Switch. It's quite beautiful. There's some ghosting artifacts on the character when it moves but it's gorgeous.

b8SJsra.jpg
Q2fwqT2.jpg

Jan 3, 2018
Guys.

We've been over this.

Stands to reason if Team Cherry wanted the game out now instead of whenever the next big event is then it would have made sense to drop it here.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Europa looks so good but also boring. Wish the game had more going for it than good visuals. Seems like a Journey clone but doesn't hit the same.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the Europa demo, it could be something really special. The art direction is gorgeous, and feeling of exploration is quite nice, however there is a pretty hefty input delay that coupled with the purposefully slower movement made it not feel great to play. The image is also quite soft on Switch, it's drastically blurrier than the footage in the trailer. However the vibes were immaculate. It feels like a game that will be entirely combat-free, and the puzzles offered in the demo were extremely light, so hopefully it gets to have a bit more meat on its bones. But I really did enjoy playing through it, though I'll probably play it on Steam Deck or any other platform other than the Switch.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Lorelei is so my thing that I paused the video and immediately added it to my release date list.

Up for Anton, Yars, and TMNT too.

Yeah, glad I watched the Japanese direct.

-It had a cute puzzle platformer with penguins.
-Sold me on the Schim & Sticky Business games. (Gonna buy the latter for my kiddo about it now.) To be honest, it showcasied some of the games I wasn't interested in or knew about, better in general.
-Had Bo. I want that Hollow Knight with an Asian aesthetic, seems like it was made especially for me.🤣
-A Dance of Fire and Ice seemed dope and addictive.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At this point we should all just act under the assumption that silksong was quietly cancelled and if we ever hear about the game again take it as a pleasant surprise

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Guys.

We've been over this.

Yeah I don't get how people think it would just be a random drop in one of these at this point.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
People bemoaning the lack of Silk Song, and meanwhile I'm just celebrating that Steamworld Heist is getting a sequel. The first one was delightful.

Lots of good stuff on this presentation, honestly.

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York

View: https://x.com/indieworldna/status/1780608550651240555?s=46&t=Kl9oppo5YyDuLt-HkuaKnA

Full trailer for Animal Well. They should have shown this instead of just that quick snippet.

Looks great. This was one of the most appealing games they showed for me. Bummer that it only got that snippet.

I need to go back and look at the sizzle reel games overall. Some cool stuff there.

Pretty good presentation, with a lot that seems up my alley. Only disappointment is that Little Kitty didn't shadow drop. 😿

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really excited for Bo (just saw a clip from the Japanese direct). Surprised it wasn't shown off in the US variant.

Played a bit of Europa; it's very much what you think it is based off the trailer, which is a meditative, relaxing Breath of the Wild. And I'm digging it so far.

Looking forward to trying out Antonblast later

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Guys.

We've been over this.

It's fucking wild that this was at E3 2019.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a niece that's really into crochet and knitting, so I wonder if she'll be interested in Stitch but gameplay doesn't look like there's much if any crochet-like mechanics....
Sent my sister a link anyway for the trailer

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
When I watch these events after they've aired I try to find the official Youtube VOD without spoiling myself, but I caught something in my peripheral when I clicked on it and it almost gave me a heart attack...

qReq6im.jpeg

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Little Peaks looks like a first person mod for A Short Hike. I don't mean for that to be reductive, but the graphical style, the gameplay, the NPCs all look ripped directly from A Short Hike. I checked to see if it is the same devs, but it doesn't look like it.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
The Europa demo is very short but makes a good first impression. The aesthetics are beautiful. The platforming is a little clunky, but I can get used to it.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I want to explore Silksong's world. I want to hear the soundtrack in bask in the ambient vibes.
Please...

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
NA's was pretty lame for me, not a single that may interest me, meanwhile the JP had Arranger, a cute coop penguin game, A Dance of fire and Ice and they showed Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus, silksong obsession is pretty obnoxious but they should have shown Bō too on the western showcase.

Plus it was narrated by Koyasu Takehito.
Arranger was in the last NA showcase.