Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I really did not like Axiom Verge, but that already kinda looks better from that footage. First one just felt like a trudge, few memorable areas just lots of corridors and shafts because that's what a Metroid does. Would have been ok but the boss fights and enemy design in the final third are just infuriating.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough. Some decent looking games there, most excited about Sports Story.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty good presentation. I was expecting a few more surprises and some Shovel Knight love with KoC releasing today, but oh well!

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
So happy Skatebird is coming to Switch. I don't have a PC but I really wanted to play that

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
For a hot fifteen seconds there I thought we were getting a Thomas Happ-made Metroid ;~;

Axiom Verge 2 still looks great tho.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I was not expecting this presentation to have as many games excite me as it did. They killed it from the start with sports story then closed big with axiom verge 2. Amazing.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Silksong may be big enough to just be presented at The Game Awards.

Sports Story is my only sure buy from what I saw.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
It was an okay Indie Direct. The first announcement (Sports Story) was the best no doubt but I sadly didn't like Axiom Verge that much to be excited for the sequel.

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
This was great. Lots of cool surprises in there. Well done.
(Quite excited for Strangers Wrath HD, loved it last gen.)

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Sports Story
Supermash
Axiom Verge 2
More Streets of Rage 4

A pretty good indie direct for me.

Might try out Duantless as well.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice set of announcements. I like how a lot of the devs got to introduce their own games. Axiom Verge 2 came out of nowhere.

Silksong died for Axiom Verge ;__;

Hollow Knight, like Undertale, feels like it's too big to just be an "Indie Direct" game anymore. Game's a sales juggernaut and has consistently been charting on the eShop. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a spotlight either at TGA or in the next major Direct.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Not a great direct for me, maybe because the new sidebar game was very much expected. I hoped for outer wilds of disco elysium.
I have a feeling...all of these recent indie publisher fallouts have been having them on edge, so they were cautious to curate and show from publishers/developers who have good standing. (I still feel bad for what happened to Thomas Happ with Badland Games.)

I do think this Indie Direct dragged a little compared to others. That said, the multiple shadow drops (Talos and Dauntless) and some genuine great announcements (Sports Story, AV2) make me believe there will be another Indie Direct earlier next year.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
A bit underwhelming, I think I was expecting too much, Cadence of Hyrule that one time kinda set the bar really high.

Axiom Verge 2 and Sports Story were nice surprises.
Also, lots of timed exclusives...

Oct 27, 2017
My problem is while owning all 3 systems, it's hard to get excited over switch versions even tho they are portable while having Games Pass and expecting many of them to land there