Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Japan have announced a new event with a website. It'll have game tournaments, a concert, stage events (not said what these are, perhaps announcements) and the ability to play/try games. The event will run on the 8th and 9th of October and will be at Tokyo's big site (where they do comiket)

Tournament details on the website include Splatoon 3, Smash and Switch Sports. Concerts are Splatoon 3 and Animal Crossing. To coincide with the event there'll be an online challenge for Mario Kart 8 and a video released with Arino and Hamaguchi.

[任天堂HP]「Nintendo Live 2022」のページを公開しました。 ゲーム大会、音楽ライブ、ステージイベント、ゲーム体験などをお楽しみいただける、事前応募制のイベントです。 10月8日(土)、9日(日)の2日間、東京ビッグサイトで開催します。

www.nintendo.co.jp

Nintendo Live 2022 | 任天堂

「Nintendo Live 2022」は音楽ライブ・ステージイベント・ゲーム体験・ゲーム大会などをお楽しみいただける任天堂主催のイベントです。

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Looks like they've done these events in the past? 2019? Or was it cancelled?

Space World successor would be awesome but doesn't seem like this is it

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Looking forward to the Splatoon concert. I assume it'll feature Splatoon 3 music.

The concerts are actually pretty cool, and Nintendo releases CDs containing the live versions of the music (+ the in-game music).

See:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht-1uJcncpY#t=20m13s
m.youtube.com

Splatoon 2 - Off the Hook concert from Tokaigi 2019

Check out Off the Hook's virtual concert from Tokaigi 2019 in Japan earlier this year.Official Website: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Spla...

Edit: I was too slow! though I think I posted the better concert lol

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
People might initially think it's a presentation along the lines of 2017's Switch reveal event
Oh no no it definitely won't be - they have done this event several times before; sometimes Nintendo-solely focussed and sometimes Pokémon focussed; I've been to a couple of them myself.

Just some nice talks, rows of demo stations and places to take simple photos/buy Nintendo Store merch/joy cons etc.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Oh no no it definitely won't be - they have done this event several times before; sometimes Nintendo-solely focussed and sometimes Pokémon focussed; I've been to a couple of them myself.

Just some nice talks, rows of demo stations and places to take simple photos/buy Nintendo Store merch/joy cons etc.
Yeah, but people don't think like that and that is why they have heart attacks

Space world is back! Switch 2 incoming 🤤

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What!?

Concert? Animal Crossing?

It's time
EGwxJE7WkAANmRG

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Seen this over the weekend I believe they had it in France around the japan expo over there won't be anything too interesting I don't think temper expectations.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
i was like oh wow we're going to see more of Splatoon 3 not realizing this is in october after they're already out.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Neat. Good to see this come back. The last one was in 2019, before the pandemic started.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that's awesome! It's kind of like PSX and XO were. It would be super cool if they also did one of these in NYC or something.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
I can't be the only one who thought this was a month long enough and not just two days.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it should be "Nintendo Live returns for 2022" or something, as this isn't a new event?
To help the people suffering from scares.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was running from august 10-September 10, lol. Was like that's a long time!

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Japan have some strange law which considers video game competitions to be gambling or something?

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Already announcing a Splatoon 3 concert before we even know who the new main idols are lol