• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
You asked and shall receive:
4jc7kk377f3z.jpg

DCEkP56VoAAkg4a.jpg

Oh my lord.

Johnny

Oct 28, 2017
Man there's going to be a lot of overreaction here in a few hours. I fully anticipate a meltdown after Nintendo shows something that's just not for us.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
My supposition would be some kind of TCG with Nintendo Characters (possible compatibility with amiibos even), with NFC inside to play with characters/equipements on the Switch.
That way would be an HUGE money factory and i see it really trendy between children, with an accessory witch make the game more impressive on the console (may be possible to play without that maybe)

You're a genius. If it isn't this I hope they do it at some point. Could be like a GBA e-reader but for multiplayer, letting kids to crowd around their switches outside opening packs or whatever. It could be compatible with pokemon, hearthstone, amiibo, some new nintendo collectible game etc

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Man there's going to be a lot of overreaction here in a few hours. I fully anticipate a meltdown after Nintendo shows something that's just not for us.
Most people in this thread already forgot that we just had a mini Direct with new announcement for 'us' less than a week ago. But yeah, the Popcorn will taste good at least.

Jayveer

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice that we're getting another announcement after (imo) a good mini direct. Going to temper expectations though as doing so as made me not feel let down where others have with some Nintendo announcements recently.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Im more excited about the announcement in terms of sales discussions and hopefully the add-on or whatever it is also has a broad function and can work for more casual non gamer type games like Brain Training or Wii Fit. I loved those games on the DS and Wii. Not interested in the kids aspect but still can't wait to see what this is about.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
it's that odyssey mini game where you have to walk a circle but now you can actually walk a circle with the switch in your hand and then it tells you how good you walked the circle.

$99

launches june.

*this poster has been verified by the resetera admins*

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
If it's for kids and the casual audience, then I'd temper expectations to be honest. Still interested to see what it's about.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Gamers are selfish beings so I'm expecting meltdowns left and right tomorrow
Also,

BRING BACK NINTENDO LAND, NINTENDO! >:(

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Give me Animal Crossing or Pokémon RPG or give me death!!

I'm going to be somewhat let down if this is like REALLY aimed at children, like not super heavy appeal to us. I just hope I can enjoy it too. Probably my fault for hyping up a new announcement.

You are going to get angry if they announce what they said they were going to announce?

This threads are embarrassing some times.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
initially ignored the thread but I think I will stick around....

Some very interesting responses in here!

Cmc

Nov 1, 2017
The Nintendo UK post said that it's an "interactive experience specially CRAFTED for kids and kids at heart"...so some new Minecraft for Switch?

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly i am quite surprised how tame we got off that 600 page thread reaction wise after the mini direct. But imo that mini direct was quite ace.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Keeping my expectations low, expecting nothing more than some new version of the e-reader to be honest.

But I'd be happy to be blown away by something new, fresh, and awesome like a Wii Sports.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've got no idea what kids are into these days. And on top of that, it's a 50/50 shot if Nintendo knows what kids are into these days. So this is gonna be out of left field.

My immediate thought (like a lot of people I guess) is something NFC related but fuck if I know. I'm interested, though.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
People here will be extremely disappointed and fall into the nintendoomed territory, then will proceed to spend hundreds of dollars on whatever Nintendo is going to announce today.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
As I said earlier, the problem is that it takes EPD's ressources away from new IPs like Splatoon, Arms or new entries from fan's favorites. Games that already appeal to a wide range of gamers.

But there's no proof of that, Hyrule Warriors for example didn't take resources away from Breath of the Wild for one example.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've got no idea what kids are into these days. And on top of that, it's a 50/50 shot if Nintendo knows what kids are into these days.

My immediate thought (like a lot of people I guess) is something NFC related but fuck if I know. I'm interested, though.

Children like hatchemals and those weird preschool superhero things.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Interactive experience almost makes me think of a sort of movie...

I wonder if it will be a movie/show that involves some sort of interaction via Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.