• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
If I've let my Nintendo Online lapse but want to re-sign up with the added Expansion Pack, what's the cheapest way of doing it? I'm in the UK btw
In the US, all you can do is go to Nintendo's website and it'll give you a slight discount from the overall total depending on how many days are left on your membership. So, in your case, I'd do the same thing and check out this part of Nintendo's site here. It should show a discounted price when you log in and that's how you upgrade your membership to the Expansion Pack from the regular NSO membership. Let me know if it works for you!

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
In the US, all you can do is go to Nintendo's website and it'll give you a slight discount from the overall total depending on how many days are left on your membership. So, in your case, I'd do the same thing and check out this part of Nintendo's site here. It should show a discounted price when you log in and that's how you upgrade your membership to the Expansion Pack from the regular NSO membership. Let me know if it works for you!
My online sub has lapsed, so it's coming up with the standard £35. I wonder if it will be cheaper to buy the online sub separately (at a cheaper price and then add the Expansion Pack afterwards but I'm not sure what the cost of that would be

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
My online sub has lapsed, so it's coming up with the standard £35. I wonder if it will be cheaper to buy the online sub separately (at a cheaper price and then add the Expansion Pack afterwards but I'm not sure what the cost of that would be
I don't know the total difference, but I do know that if you get the NSO online subscription, the upgrade-path to the Expansion Pack does get slightly discounted. Whether that's a big discount or not, I have no idea. I just know that you do get one and I remember that being the case when I finally upgraded. So, you could do it but there's also no guarantee that you'll save a ton of money or at least enough money to not justify doing the full upgrade from the get go

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely and trust me, even if we hate this idea it still fucking worked the first time. Look at the sheer numbers on this tweet that announced Mario 3D All Stars 15 days before it's release:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1301509118549688321?s=20&t=7bpCeXZJjD6z6Vp8Gmh2yg

38.7K Retweets, 26.8K Quote Tweets and 135.2K Likes. No one can blame Nintendo for seeing this type of announcement as a viable option for surprise announcements that are much closer than we think. People immediately met this Mario announcement with hype from the minute it was revealed. It's absolutely on the table for Wind Waker HD / Twilight Princess HD or the Metroid Prime remake lmao. It's fucking absurd that it works, don't get me wrong, but it's also pretty damn exciting because these leaves the door open for other potential ports/remakes/dual packs etc from Nintendo as well.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars was the "one more thing" in a dedicated Mario Direct

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Super Mario 3D All-Stars was the "one more thing" in a dedicated Mario Direct
You know what this now means right? Zelda/Metroid Direct confirm! /s. Jokes aside, I totally remember this being a Twitter announcement and I don't know why, lol. I remember just waking up and boom seeing the tweet. I absolutely have no recollection of a Mario direct in my head but hey that's my mistake

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
You know what this now means right? Zelda/Metroid Direct confirm! /s. Jokes aside, I totally remember this being a Twitter announcement and I don't know why, lol. I remember just waking up and boom seeing the tweet. I absolutely have no recollection of a Mario direct in my head but hey that's my mistake
I linked to it above -- it was a fun Direct you might enjoy if you never saw it.

As for how you remembered things, maybe you were thinking of Age of Calamity -- that was a standalone Twitter drop when it was first announced.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Direct was kinda like whatever for me (very average, imo, but that's not a bad thing so to speak). I seem to be in the minority though when it comes to the new FE protag. I love him so much lol.

Time to fully commit to Primehack on the Steam Deck though. I wasn't expecting the Remaster at all despite all the hype around it via leakers - same for WW/TP releases. It's weird to me that these are the two the internet have really latched onto. I guess there could be Metroid anniversary announcements in the near future but I think something like that would surprise me more than any games announced in one. I'm so used to Metroid being relatively ignored that it would be such a heel turn to devote a whole direct like video to it, lol.

TotK though. Unnnnh. May isn't that far away but hot damn it feels like a lifetime!

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Anybody wants to make the thread? Because it's so pathetic to read this in 2022 but I can't in this moment https://www.gamespot.com/articles/l...yakuza-games-to-nintendo-switch/1100-6507500/
resize

In a recent business presentation, Nintendo detailed the performance of the Nintendo Switch since its launch. It was here that the company revealed the age demographics for players on the hot console. In the graph provided, we see that young adults aged 20-25 make up the biggest share of the Switch's demographic. From there, we see that adults well into their 40s make up a decent portion of that player base as well, with numbers quickly decreasing from there.

This was in November 2021 btw. This whole "the Switch age demographic is young" argument/comments is getting so damn tiring lol

GrendelKhan

Aug 1, 2018
So now that the dust has settled, even if you only one thing to positively talk about, what are got you excited or hyped from this Nintendo Direct y'all?

I'm really excited for Tunic. Can never get enough 2D Zelda likes.

Also pumped for Ib, Fatal Frame 4, Rain Code and obviously Tears of the Kingdom. I was pretty satisfied as someone who doesn't care at all about JRPGs.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I linked to it above -- it was a fun Direct you might enjoy if you never saw it.

As for how you remembered things, maybe you were thinking of Age of Calamity -- that was a standalone Twitter drop when it was first announced.
Watched the Direct and damn you were right! That shit was so much fun lol. Also, I checked the Age of Calamity tweet from Nintendo and that still did really well! 18.5k Retweets, 10.1k Quote Tweets and 63.2K likes. Still shows that surprise Twitter announcements are viable (which is what I'm telling myself so it eventually happens for WWHD/TPHD/MP1 lmaoo)

View: https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1303336486213910529

Direct was kinda like whatever for me (very average, imo, but that's not a bad thing so to speak). I seem to be in the minority though when it comes to the new FE protag. I love him so much lol.

Time to fully commit to Primehack on the Steam Deck though. I wasn't expecting the Remaster at all despite all the hype around it via leakers - same for WW/TP releases. It's weird to me that these are the two the internet have really latched onto. I guess there could be Metroid anniversary announcements in the near future but I think something like that would surprise me more than any games announced in one. I'm so used to Metroid being relatively ignored that it would be such a heel turn to devote a whole direct like video to it, lol.

TotK though. Unnnnh. May isn't that far away but hot damn it feels like a lifetime!
Hey man, as long as you found SOMETHING to like/enjoy from the Direct, that's a win in my book. And you ain't lying, I might revisit BOTW to finally do all of the DLC as we lead into BOTW2 in the beginning of 2023. I'm that fucking excited

I'm really excited for Tunic. Can never get enough 2D Zelda likes.

Also pumped for Ib, Fatal Frame 4, Rain Code and obviously Tears of the Kingdom. I was pretty satisfied as someone who doesn't care at all about JRPGs.
Ib was one of those games that left such a good impression because it was just so different from anything else in the Direct, I plan on checking it out too! As for Tunic, fuck yeah. I've prolonged playing it just to play it on Switch because it just feels right you know?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I could see the usual Winter Direct opening with Metroid Prime Remastered and closing with Aonuma announcing Wind Waker + Twilight Princess for March, followed by a blowout on Tears of the Kingdom.

It could also feature Miyamoto with the first gameplay reveal for Pikmin 4 and our first look at the Mario movie.

And this could be where GB/GBC/GBA games are announced for NSO, headlined by Pokémon RBY and GSC. Since the Direct would likely be in February, the same month as the usual Pokémon Presents, it could also be when Pokémon Stadium launches, with Transfer Pak functionality enabled.

Oh, and Silksong.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
So now that the dust has settled, even if you only one thing to positively talk about, what are got you excited or hyped from this Nintendo Direct y'all?
There was enough here to please me. Octopath II was a nice surprise and I was just talking to a friend the other day about how much we like the HD2D style and hope to see more of it.

Fatal Frame 4 getting a release outside of Japan is awesome even though no physical version is a big letdown. I don't see it topping 2 as the best but still looking forward to finally being able to play it.

However, as nice as those and some other things were, nothing compares to the reveal of Pikmin 4. I actually jumped up and shouted out loud. That alone makes up for anything not at this Direct and then some. It's been so long that and they played that card perfectly. I wasn't ready for it then just became so freaking happy. Pikmin freaking 4, man. Can not wait.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I could see the usual Winter Direct opening with Metroid Prime Remastered and closing with Aonuma announcing Wind Waker + Twilight Princess for March, followed by a blowout on Tears of the Kingdom.

It could also feature Miyamoto with the first gameplay reveal for Pikmin 4 and our first look at the Mario movie.

And this could be where GB/GBC/GBA games are announced for NSO, headlined by Pokémon RBY and GSC. Since the Direct would likely be in February, the same month as the usual Pokémon Presents, it could also be when Pokémon Stadium launches, with Transfer Pak functionality enabled.

Oh, and Silksong.
Don't forget Super Mario Odyssey 2, a new look at Metroid Prime 4 with the reveal of Metroid Prime Remake AND with the grand surprise of Star Fox Grand Prix being real!

There was enough here to please me. Octopath II was a nice surprise and I was just talking to a friend the other day about how much we like the HD2D style and hope to see more of it.

Fatal Frame 4 getting a release outside of Japan is awesome even though no physical version is a big letdown. I don't see it topping 2 as the best but still looking forward to finally being able to play it.

However, as nice as those and some other things were, nothing compares to the reveal of Pikmin 4. I actually jumped up and shouted out loud. That alone makes up for anything not at this Direct and then some. It's been so long that and they played that card perfectly. I wasn't ready for it then just became so freaking happy. Pikmin freaking 4, man. Can not wait.
Dude I am so happy about Pikmin 4 too! I haven't thought about it in such a long time so it was such a nice surprise to see that it's finally coming out in 2023. I was so hype that I almost bought the Pikmin shirt lmaoo. Are you gonna do a new playthrough of Pikmin 3 to get that hype train starting?
pikmin-yellow-pikmin.gif

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020

Oh, and Silksong.
I think March is too close to TotK. I really hope we do get some gameboy because there are no good excuses.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this latest Direct was full of good stuff, but it also had several unexpected swerves.

Like when Miyamoto appeared onscreen, he started by mentioning the Mario movie, so I was like, "Oh boy, here we go — we're finally gonna see this thing and how cursed it is." But then he just moved on. He next mentioned Super Nintendo World. I was like, "Oh boy, he's gonna show us the Donkey Kong theme park expansion, and/or announce the rumored Donkey Kong game." But then he just noted that Super Nintendo World is opening next year in California... and moved on.

Then he started talking about Pikmin Bloom. I thought he would only dwell on this for like 20 seconds, but instead we got what felt like an exhaustive overview of the game. And then he finally showed us Pikmin 4... although he didn't really show us anything at all. The most tantalizing tidbit is a new ground-level perspective -- I presume we will be able to see the sky from the Pikmin's POV, which should make for an impressive sense of scale.

I love me some Pikmin, but this whole segment made me realize more acutely than ever how several IPs at Nintendo really benefit from having a higher-up championing them. Miyamoto is why Pikmin and Star Fox continue to be worked on behind the scenes while other franchises seem to languish forever. I suspect someone there is also a fan of Chibi-Robo, given how that IP had some unexpected installments over the years. But where is the champion who will be F-Zero's hero??

Back to the swerves... Obviously, Metroid Prime and Wind Waker/Twilight Princess were missing in action. But then we got another remaster/remake in the form of... Kirby's Return to Dream Land?! A well-regarded title, to be sure, but also one that is announced after we just got Kirby's Dream Buffet, which itself was announced and released not long after Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

The Direct definitely started off strong with Fire Emblem Engage -- I'm personally in no rush to play another gargantuan FE title, but I definitely appreciate how crisp and colorful this one looks. But then the Direct ended with Tears of the Kingdom. While a huge announcement (a title and release date!), it seemed oddly anti-climatic with how they continue to still tease us with short insubstantial glimpses of the game.

The biggest moment for me was, funnily enough, a game from 1996. Seeing Pilotwings 64's triumphant return (and running in HD at 60 fps due to an unlocked framerate, it seems) was a fist-pumping moment for me. I literally said "Hell yes" and slapped my leg. And oh yeah, Goldeneye.

There's definitely good stuff coming down the Nintendo pipeline, but overall I was left feeling a bit... unfocused. Thankfully I'm thoroughly absorbed in Xenoblade Chronicles DE (after finishing the equally wonderful Xenoblade 3, and I also feel like replaying Xenoblade 2). But I do look forward to more substantial looks at Nintendo's 2023 content in the coming months.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Gonna just mention you for the sake of not quoting your well thought out post Neiteio --

I think you're not wrong on the unfocused part but.. is it weird that in a way I like that it's unfocused? Like from now to May 2023, Nintendo's pipeline feels more like "here's a little bit for everybody" rather than it being "ok here's the massive game A,B,C,D,E" that we typically want from Nintendo. The fact that there's so many little games, remasters, ports or new games in general that are coming to Switch in my eyes is a good thing. It's good to see variety like this because it feels more open and refreshing.

Plus, we just had a banger year of nothing but great content from Nintendo for 2022 so it's hard to ask for yet another 2017 from Nintendo. And I for one had a ton of fantastic games that I'm excited for from this last Direct. Shit, I even have some stuff preordered already because of how excited I am. So I'll be honest, I'm kind of okay without a massive focused year again. I'd love to see it obviously but we're also reaching TGA season slowly and as history shows, we know Nintendo likes to show up there so I feel like yet again, we'll get a big surprise from them even if they go the next couple of months with new smaller Twitter announcements etc

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I think March is too close to TotK. I really hope we do get some gameboy because there are no good excuses.
Another possibility could be a huge trailer for Tears of the Kingdom at the Game Awards, which could include "The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, out in February!" Which would at least give those games a buffer of several months. But it would also be rather crowded coming off another huge anime adventure (FE Engage) and in the same month as another remaster (Kirby's RtDL).

Honestly, if I were Nintendo, I would just save Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for -after- Tears of the Kingdom. There's really no need to release them now. I'm sure they're finished and ready to go at the press of a button, but it probably makes more sense to save them for the year after next.

Metroid Prime, though... I could see that opening a Winter Direct (accompanied by key art for Metroid Prime 4) and releasing in March or April.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Dude I am so happy about Pikmin 4 too! I haven't thought about it in such a long time so it was such a nice surprise to see that it's finally coming out in 2023. I was so hype that I almost bought the Pikmin shirt lmaoo. Are you gonna do a new playthrough of Pikmin 3 to get that hype train starting?
pikmin-yellow-pikmin.gif
I was looking at the shirt too! I got to the point where I never actually expected to see Pikmin at a Direct simply because it just seemed like it either got quietly canned or put on the backburner for however long. Seeing it here with a 4 in the title just sent me to cloud 9. Ya know, I think you convinced me to do another playthrough of 3 due to this. Haven't played it in some time so it'll be just the thing I need, thanks.

Also, the gif you picked used to be my old avatar at the old place. What a flashback, lol. Love it.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Another possibility could be a huge trailer for Tears of the Kingdom at the Game Awards, which could include "The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, out in February!" Which would at least give those games a buffer of several months. But it would also be rather crowded coming off another huge anime adventure (FE Engage) and in the same month as another remaster (Kirby's RtDL).

Honestly, if I were Nintendo, I would just save Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for -after- Tears of the Kingdom. There's really no need to release them now. I'm sure they're finished and ready to go at the press of a button, but it probably makes more sense to save them for the year after next.

Metroid Prime, though... I could see that opening a Winter Direct (accompanied by key art for Metroid Prime 4) and releasing in March or April.
It's possible they're holding off on metroid remake to debut it alongside a showing of prime 4. Otherwise I can totally see it early next year. If prime 4 is 2024 then they might want to have metroid remake earlier. WW/TP could go in later to fill out the year. There's so much we don't know what's going to happen in the upcoming year it's pretty exciting. By this time next year I'd imagine we'll have a good idea about what Nintendo is planning for switch succession (at least I hope!).

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna just mention you for the sake of not quoting your well thought out post Neiteio --

I think you're not wrong on the unfocused part but.. is it weird that in a way I like that it's unfocused? Like from now to May 2023, Nintendo's pipeline feels more like "here's a little bit for everybody" rather than it being "ok here's the massive game A,B,C,D,E" that we typically want from Nintendo. The fact that there's so many little games, remasters, ports or new games in general that are coming to Switch in my eyes is a good thing. It's good to see variety like this because it feels more open and refreshing.

Plus, we just had a banger year of nothing but great content from Nintendo for 2022 so it's hard to ask for yet another 2017 from Nintendo. And I for one had a ton of fantastic games that I'm excited for from this last Direct. Shit, I even have some stuff preordered already because of how excited I am. So I'll be honest, I'm kind of okay without a massive focused year again. I'd love to see it obviously but we're also reaching TGA season slowly and as history shows, we know Nintendo likes to show up there so I feel like yet again, we'll get a big surprise from them even if they go the next couple of months with new smaller Twitter announcements etc
Oh yeah, I appreciate how it's such a varied lineup. Tons of good stuff. And I'm sure more big games will reveal themselves in time.

In the short term, for my tastes, we have Bayonetta 3, which looks amazing in the seven-minute gameplay demonstration, followed by Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, which look like a genuine leap forward for the franchise. If I can find the time and headspace, I'm sure I would also enjoy Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. We have the ongoing Mario Kart 8 DLC (Merry Mountain looks amazing, and Peach Gardens was one of my favorite courses in Mario Kart DS). Also the ongoing N64 games -- I suspect we will get both Pilotwings 64 and Goldeneye this year, and both are among my most wanted. There is also the ongoing DLC for Xenoblade 3.

By the time we hit January, I may be in the mood for Fire Emblem Engage, and in February, I might grab Kirby's RtDL for couch co-op with friends. Plenty to tide us over until the Winter Direct inevitably reveals more of Nintendo's hand, even if we just stick to the "major releases" between now and then. But like you said, there's quite a bit of variety from third-party partners and indies, as well.

I'm especially impressed by how many RPGs are on the Switch, even though I won't play 99.9% of them (due to how time-consuming they are, and how I can only focus on one RPG at a time). It's neat to think about how many stories and engrossing worlds are on this portable powerhouse. :)

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I was looking at the shirt too! I got to the point where I never actually expected to see Pikmin at a Direct simply because it just seemed like it either got quietly canned or put on the backburner for however long. Seeing it here with a 4 in the title just sent me to cloud 9. Ya know, I think you convinced me to do another playthrough of 3 due to this. Haven't played it in some time so it'll be just the thing I need, thanks.

Also, the gif you picked used to be my old avatar at the old place. What a flashback, lol. Love it.
Lmao, I really really want the shirt even though it's such a stupidly simple shirt. I don't know if it's the Pikmin hype in my veins or if it's because it's a pretty good shirt design. And good!! Do it, get that Pikmin hype train going. I think I might do so myself in the coming weeks as I kill time between now and Mario+Rabbids & Bayo 3

It's possible they're holding off on metroid remake to debut it alongside a showing of prime 4. Otherwise I can totally see it early next year. If prime 4 is 2024 then they might want to have metroid remake earlier. WW/TP could go in later to fill out the year. There's so much we don't know what's going to happen in the upcoming year it's pretty exciting. By this time next year I'd imagine we'll have a good idea about what Nintendo is planning for switch succession (at least I hope!).
Honestly, that's what I love the most about Nintendo. I love the variety, I love the unexpected stuff they're probably working on. It's just such a fun time to be a Nintendo fan considering even it seems like there's nothing going on, there's still exciting rumors that we hear every now and then, plus all of the massive games they're launching in the coming months.

Oh yeah, I appreciate how it's such a varied lineup. Tons of good stuff. And I'm sure more big games will reveal themselves in time.

In the short term, for my tastes, we have Bayonetta 3, which looks amazing in the seven-minute gameplay demonstration, followed by Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, which look like a genuine leap forward for the franchise. If I can find the time and headspace, I'm sure I would also enjoy Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. We have the ongoing Mario Kart 8 DLC (Merry Mountain looks amazing, and Peach Gardens was one of my favorite courses in Mario Kart DS). Also the ongoing N64 games -- I suspect we will get both Pilotwings 64 and Goldeneye this year, and both are among my most wanted. There is also the ongoing DLC for Xenoblade 3.

By the time we hit January, I may be in the mood for Fire Emblem Engage, and in February, I might grab Kirby's RtDL for couch co-op with friends. Plenty to tide us over until the Winter Direct inevitably reveals more of Nintendo's hand, even if we just stick to the "major releases" between now and then. But like you said, there's quite a bit of variety from third-party partners and indies, as well.

I'm especially impressed by how many RPGs are on the Switch, even though I won't play 99.9% of them (due to how time-consuming they are, and how I can only focus on one RPG at a time). It's neat to think about how many stories and engrossing worlds are on this portable powerhouse. :)
Lmao are we the same person? Cause I feel the exact same way regarding pretty much every game you've mentioned. The only game I do kind of want, or at least, am I debating on getting is Splatoon 3. I don't know if I'm simply hyping myself to get it or because it looks legitimately good (for reference I've played Splatoon 2 and loved it but I'm trying to save money since there's SO many games coming on Switch from now till December). Like dude, as you said, the Switch is a fucking RPG system at this point. It just feels like game after game is dropping and they're all quality long RPGs that are worth the experience of playing. It's kind of absurd when you think about it.

Also, regarding Bayo 3, it looks fucking amazing. I'm not even a Bayonetta fan and I fucking loved what I saw in the 7 minute footage. I've never played the games so I'm debating on getting Bayo 1 for the sake of having some experience with the Bayonetta games for Bayo 3 (even though it doesn't seem like you really need any from what I've heard?)

And your mention of N64 games reminds me, I should probably get back into the N64 NSO games again. It's been a minute since I've opened the app lol

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I know, double post but I got a question, there's a massive sale on the eShop right now. Y'all got any suggestions on what to buy? I'm looking at Bug Fables & Tales of Vesperia right now. I thought I'd get some thoughts or suggestions as to what I should possibly pick up during this big sale

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
I know, double post but I got a question, there's a massive sale on the eShop right now. Y'all got any suggestions on what to buy? I'm looking at Bug Fables & Tales of Vesperia right now. I thought I'd get some thoughts or suggestions as to what I should possibly pick up during this big sale
Bug Fables is great if you're itching for some classic Paper Mario, and it's got some rly nice character moments as well. I'd definitely recommend it!

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Pikmin 3 Deluxe and all the Atelier Ryza 1/2 games.
I've wanted to check out the Atelier games but they kind of don't look up my alley to be honest, as for Pikmin 3, I have it physically!
Bug Fables is great if you're itching for some classic Paper Mario, and it's got some rly nice character moments as well. I'd definitely recommend it!
oh shit really? That price tag of $12 is looking real good then!

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yeah Bug Fables is great. I haven't had a chance to look at the full list so I don't know what else is on there.
It's a fucking HUGE sale right now, there's so many games worth getting so I'm looking at what to get (mostly digital only stuff since I am a fan of getting physical copies if possible/if they're at a reasonable price). Shit, I'm even looking at getting Neon White lmao

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
Was hoping for a yakuza announcement on the switch. Even if it's just 0., Kiwami and remasters. :(

Guess on the ps5 it is

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Tales is fun enough. I haven't gotten into it very far yet but if you want a curious mix of Jrpg, dungeon crawler and third person shooter, at $9 sword art online fatal bullet is worth a go. It has a trial/demo version too

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Was hoping for a yakuza announcement on the switch. Even if it's just 0., Kiwami and remasters. :(

Guess on the ps5 it is
I guess I'll break the news to you -- they think that Yakuza is too mature for the Nintendo Switch audience for... whatever reason lol.

Tales is fun enough. I haven't gotten into it very far yet but if you want a curious mix of Jrpg, dungeon crawler and third person shooter, at $9 sword art online fatal bullet is worth a go. It has a trial/demo version too
Damn is it really? I played the first SAO game and I was kinda put off by it lol

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Guys, look at what dropped today!

View: https://twitter.com/IndieWorldNA/status/1570427325367422977?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1570427325367422977%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

www.resetera.com

Bear and Breakfast is officially out now on the Nintendo eShop for $19.99

Link to the eShop page https://twitter.com/IndieWorldNA/status/1570427325367422977 About Bears Bear and Breakfast is a laid-back management adventure game where you play as a well-meaning bear trying to run a B+B in the woods. Hank and his friends find an abandoned shack and, equipped with...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Damn is it really? I played the first SAO game and I was kinda put off by it lol
so this one is actually set in the world of the spinoff series Gun Gale Online, which takes place a couple years after the SAO event, and is a post apocalyptic sci-fi shooter VRMMO(so robots not zombies) that went live years after SAO. The anime was standalone and had its own pretty charming cast. However this is a SAO game so you are dealing with Kirito and the gang still but it's later on. Tho your main character is a custom character and their friend. Don't know if the actual GGO characters show up yet(I only finished the intro segment which is a chunk of the demo), tho considering it's a pair of top level friend players, a psycho player Hunter and her guy friend, and a focused squad, you wouldn't really run into them early on anyways. Oh and this game has a grappling gun that can also be used as a stun/light attack weapon
It does carry over stuff from the anime like enemies having visible sight lines.

I'd say give the trial version a try, it's pretty meaty and make your call.

Last edited:
1 gift from Moogle

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Moogle Moogle!

This is a three-day raffle that will expire in 72 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (Europe & UK) Nintendo Switch (Europe & UK): SteamWorld Dig 2 - Won by parasite2 parasite2 (3 entries)

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Vesperia is v gud. Worth playing imo. I picked up A Robot Named Fight since I'd been watching it for months and it went to $1.99 lol. It's apparently like a Rogue lite + Metroid so I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/a-robot-named-fight-switch/

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Ooo nice update. N64 next week is my guess(announcement or release is another question tho)
I hope! I'm looking forward to having to picking up my N64 Controller again with the new additions coming. I'm super excited for the upcoming line up dude. It's gonna be a good time but I NEED Donkey Kong 64 finally. I need it so damn much.
15787.gif

Vesperia is v gud. Worth playing imo. I picked up A Robot Named Fight since I'd been watching it for months and it went to $1.99 lol. It's apparently like a Rogue lite + Metroid so I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/a-robot-named-fight-switch/
Well fuck it then, I'm gonna pick it up and not miss out on this banger deal for Vesperia. Worse comes to worse it's not for me but since a lot of people are saying it's good, I'll go for it.

Still teasing that Metroid Prime avatar profile in the top left corner.

Good catch, please stop blue balling us Nintendo.
Yeah, I'm with you guys on this. A lot of people pointed it out that it's always the Metroid icon but at this point, they know what they're doing. They know what we want. They could literally use ANY avatar but they keep using Metroid and there's so many rumors surrouding Metroid that at this point, they're just fucking with us lol. The idea of them not being conscious of this is a bit laughable IMO. Here's to hoping that we finally get this damn MP1 remake before the end of the year!

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest even though I'd like WW and TP HD I'm not to worried about them. Same thing with Prime. I really have to be picky about the games I play nowadays because my time to actually play games is a lot more limited. I'm almost always gonna be more excited for new stuff I've yet to experience over a port or remake.

Plus honestly I was kinda afraid WW/TP being announced would push TotK to holiday 23. Even though the trailer for it wasn't great I was really happy to get a title and release date. I can't wait for "THE" TotK trailer though when they blow the roof off.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I want to make a screenshot of Samus acquiring the Blue Ball in Brinstar.

I hate my (mother) brain.
Don't hate your brain for wanting what's right

To be honest even though I'd like WW and TP HD I'm not to worried about them. Same thing with Prime. I really have to be picky about the games I play nowadays because my time to actually play games is a lot more limited. I'm almost always gonna be more excited for new stuff I've yet to experience over a port or remake.

Plus honestly I was kinda afraid WW/TP being announced would push TotK to holiday 23. Even though the trailer for it wasn't great I was really happy to get a title and release date. I can't wait for "THE" TotK trailer though when they blow the roof off.
I'm not even worried about them. I feel, or at least, expect that they're legitimately real. I truly do. I just kind of want them to be announced already so we can fucking stop having these conversations about when they're coming etc. It's just that I want this ride to be over because we all know what comes with the announcement:

- Nintendo announces it
- They're $60
- OH MY GOD WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S $60!? HOW COULD NINTENDO DO THIS!?
- Bickering back and forth for weeks, months
- Everyone buys it day one out of hype and nostalgia

And I kinda just want to get all of this over with lmao. Plus, like you said, I'm far more hype for the newer games than anything else as of now. That Direct really spoke to me and had a TON of games made for me so I'm already looking forward to the new shit more than most people are

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably just someone at Ninty is a fan of the series but it's weird to me that they keep using the screw attack icon instead of something from Mario.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel just yet about Pokemon Legends but I think its going to be kind of mixed.

I think I'm really missing the focus on trainer battles. The lack of a cinematic camera is kind of weird and makes fights kind of feel abit lacking punch too.

I love everything about the experimental nature of the game though. We need more like it.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's probably just someone at Ninty is a fan of the series but it's weird to me that they keep using the screw attack icon instead of something from Mario.
It's such a weird consistency because almost any other icon can be chosen or they could switch it up (lol) to hint at upcoming games as well, and yet, we've gotten nothing for it. It's either nothing or it's a long term play of "lets see if they realize this months after" or something. It's now something I can't unnotice or uncheck now though
Not sure how I feel just yet about Pokemon Legends but I think its going to be kind of mixed.

I think I'm really missing the focus on trainer battles. The lack of a cinematic camera is kind of weird and makes fights kind of feel abit lacking punch too.

I love everything about the experimental nature of the game though. We need more like it.
Damn, that sucks. I've been debating on what games to go back and finish, Pokemon Legends was one of em. How many hours in are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.