foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

This is similar to the splashback video that they did for splatoon 1, but may be even more of a tearjerker

Adahel

May 28, 2018
Spain
This is so sad T_T

I didn't have played the game since the 2nd SplatFest but I loaded it and played during the last one. Still, amazing game, amazing community and amazing art. I'm gonna miss so much the SplatFests...

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This only makes me more excited for the future of Splatoon. Splatoon 2 really kicked it up a couple notches compared to its predecessor, especially with the octo expansion/playable octlings, etc. I hope that the next game, whether it's a spinoff or mainline, takes the time to build up more on the world of Splatoon, instead of just focusing on the small hubs where all the young inklings/octolings hand out. I'm really curious about the older folk, and how they pass their time.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I took part in so few of these. Maybe even less than I did in Splatoon 1. Wish I played more. At least I took part in the last one and chose the winning side!

I didn't even know about some of these like Pokemon and Spongebob... and how the fuck did Pizza and Ninjas lose??? FOR SHAME!!

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
For all the legendary games Nintendo has made, none has built a community quite like Splatoon's. Maybe with the exception of Animal Crossing. Nogami is a god.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Yeah, I've played 100 hours. Probs evenly split between campaign/Octo Expansion/Salmon Run and then turf war. Good game, can't wait for 3

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I took part in so few of these. Maybe even less than I did in Splatoon 1. Wish I played more. At least I took part in the last one and chose the winning side!

I didn't even know about some of these like Pokemon and Spongebob... and how the fuck did Pizza and Ninjas lose??? FOR SHAME!!
Back in the splatoon 1 days (and early Splatoon 2)popularity use to mean ziltch to the overall score and all relied on which teams won the most games, once people figured that out the pro players would just look at which was the more popular option, which was usually obvious and pick the other team since the more popular team would have more players but be less skilled overall which lowered the average wins

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
RIP Splatfests :(

I think I attended each event and always had a blast. There's a reason Splatoon 2 is my most played Switch game. Such a fantastic game.

I'm a little shocked at the results! Overall from my matches (played until Queen) had Order dominating for the most part. I mostly saw JP players on Chaos though, so that probably explains it :D

Can't wait for Splatoon 3 now!

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Playing Splatoon 2 while living in Japan and grinding toward X rank was quite an experience. It never felt the same after moving to Europe...
Rocket League on the other hand...

Oct 25, 2017
Unofficial, all fan speculation.

That said we got a lot of smoke. Not even including the fact that Marina stays at Pearl's family house despite having her own apartment, this final smash has a whole lot of sentimentality in every language it's localized. The latin american translations even go as far as having Pearl say "my Marina".

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
kxEErER.jpg

KYOMHVT.jpg

Z466SaS.jpg

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Unofficial, all fan speculation.

Ah, figured as much.

That said we got a lot of smoke

Hmm, well that's interesting!

------

Splatoon 3 for Switch 2. A Splatoon game with PS4 or greater tech would be amazing.

Can't imagine what this series can pull off with a true generational leap in tech!

So chaos winning will have an impact on the story for 3 I assume? Isn't that what happened going from 1 to 2?

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just want wall jumping in squid form in an online match for Splatoon 3. I am a simple man that is all I ask.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome video, had a blast with this game and the Splatfests. Wish I had time to play more of them, but really enjoyed my time with the many I had the chance to experience. Hopefully Splatoon 3 doesn't take too long to come out haha.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is it about this dumb game that makes me tear up all the time? I can't cry for actual emotional problems but then I see some cute squids or listen to one of the songs and I can't stop myself.

Can squids even cry? Does the water content of their tears burn their skin or does it not effect them like that?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they don't use the song from the end of the Octo expansion I won't cry.

*single note plays*
nFVHgQy.gif

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Yep great game great 2 years of continuous support, 4 years if you count the first game. Not looking forward to the 18+ month hole between 5.0 and Splatoon 3. What a massive failure of management. :(

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2 games in a row we won the final splatfests. Good games, everyone.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like this always makes me wish I had played Splatoon more. Maybe I'll play some tonight!

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Yep great game great 2 years of continuous support, 4 years if you count the first game. Not looking forward to the 18+ month hole between 5.0 and Splatoon 3. What a massive failure of management. :(
I'm not sure how you can count it as 4 continuous years when there were 12.5 months between Callie vs. Marie and Splatoon 2.

I'm also still not sure what makes this a "massive failure". I think I'd be a little too burned out to buy Splatoon 3 in the next 6 or even 12 months, I don't think it needs to be constantly active.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There was a 12+ month gap between the last splatfest in Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2. Get over yourself.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to get back into this "dead game" (hardest possible sneer quotes there) after the last Splatfest. A shame that Nintendo doesn't prioritize the competitive aspect more, because the ranked modes put Turf War to shame once you learn how they work. A common misconception is that inking area isn't a big deal in ranked modes because of the objectives. That's wrong because map control is important, building meter is important. The stuff you learn in Turf War is vital for doing well in ranked.

I did this in the final Splatfest thread but huge props to the art team for doing a special Splatfest picture for EVERY Splatfest in all 3 regions, they only did Japan for the first game and it was awesome seeing the art for all of the goofy topics (someone drew that toilet paper picture and they deserve all the praise in the world). They did it for every one, even the cross promotion ones (which got left out of the video for obvious reasons).

800px-S2_Splatfest_Official_Promo_Hero_vs_Villain.jpg

Lastly, I'm happy Pearl and Marina got as close to married as a Nintendo game would allow, the best duo hands down.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Final Splatfest is the end?

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

New Splatfest Shirt coming with 5.0.0 update that grants the 2x Ability.

Shellendorf Institute is closing for renovations 29/7-31/7 JST.

il1Kj2k.gif

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
There was a 12+ month gap between the last splatfest in Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2. Get over yourself.
Stop being a Nintendo apologist. It was about 6 months from final splat fest to S2 announcement. Obviously S2 was in development long before the last splat fest so there was only a 6 month wait for something new for Splatoon. We're not getting a S3 announcement in January if they haven't even begun yet.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop being a Nintendo apologist. It was about 6 months from final splat fest to S2 announcement. Obviously S2 was in development long before the last splat fest so there was only a 6 month wait for something new for Splatoon. We're not getting a S3 announcement in January if they haven't even begun yet.

TIL being fine with not getting a sequel in your hand right away after the last game just ended makes me a Nintendo apologist. The game isn't going to die if you have to wait a while for the sequel. And it's not like the game won't be continually updated with patches and fixes long after this splatfest.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
TIL being fine with not getting a sequel in your hand right away after the last game just ended makes me a Nintendo apologist. The game isn't going to die if you have to wait a while for the sequel. And it's not like the game won't be continually updated with patches and fixes long after this splatfest.
Are you sure? I thought 5.0 was the last major update.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
18 year olds being married sounds like a bad idea
It's worth remembering that Splatoon lore happens in real time. So by now Pearl is 23 and Marina is 20, though it's not like they're getting married anyway. Pearl is clearly too afraid of commitment to ever tie the knot