• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
SNES and NES NSO apps should have been integrated to this new NSO app. I don't like having 2 separate apps for that, their icons are pretty ugly too.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If only Nintendo would have an app they could use to let you transfer screenshots to your phone.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As one of those weirdo's with a lite and og switch I'm pumped I dont have to manually download cloud data anymore. I've forgotten to do it a few times and then fucked up hours worth of progress on my saves.

I cant for the life of me get the phone transfer to work. Constantly telling me its the wrong password and yes i'm using the password in the troubleshooting section.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
How do you save videos on iOS when doing the new transfer thing?

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wtf updated the switch now My blue joycon is dead like completely dead.... Fuck

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
They turned the Switch into a wifi hotspot and web server just to transfer screenshots? That's brilliant but also incredibly wild.
I wonder if they'll expand this web server capability down the road.

Also can people confirm that screenshots transferred wirelessly & over USB are lossless, i.e. identical to copying them via SD?
It makes sense really. My Canon SLR does the same.. I can connect it and my phone to the same wireless network that isn't coming from the camera if I want but the default is for the camera to host its own server that the android app connects to. If you think about kids trying to do anything different, it's probably easier this way. The setup is more prone to discovery issues or being affected by bandwidth consumed by others in the house if you use a shared network.. if you connect direct to the device it's one to one communication and you get whatever speed over wi-fi the switch can give you. I've left my switch downstairs and it's 1am in the UK but I'm looking forward to checking out this update tomorrow!

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, the 'Nintendo Switch Online' icon really ruins the HOME screen now. Sigh...

The screenshot transfer options are nice tho.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
UdyMZDd.jpg

hire me nintendo

or just steal this, I don't care

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you save videos on iOS when doing the new transfer thing?
you scan a QR Code, your phone gets connected to your switch via wifi, then you scan a second qr code, the screenshots you wanted to share show up in your browser and you can save them to your phone gallery.

edit: nevermind i can't read.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Transferring screenshots and videos to a smart device is a big upgrade. Way better than plugging in the microSD to a computer.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
you scan a QR Code, your phone gets connected to your switch via wifi, then you scan a second qr code, the screenshots you wanted to share show up in your browser and you can save them to your phone galle.
That isn't what I meant, sorry. When the video shows up in my browser, I can't figure out how to save it. Holding on the download link lets me bring up share options, but there's nothing for just saving it to my phone.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Not a fan of the NSO icon, but nice improvements all around. Fingers crossed for a new system drop tomorrow!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That isn't what I meant, sorry. When the video shows up in my browser, I can't figure out how to save it. Holding on the download link lets me bring up share options, but there's nothing for just saving it to my phone.
yeah sorry, my bad
i'm not sure if there's a way to save video files on ios? i think you can export them to vlc or something but not to the gallery.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Download management is a bit minor, but the 3DS had it and I'm glad it's back.

The content transfer stuff is nice, though I wish they styled the NSO icon like the others in the row.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Photo and video transfer is nice but can we get the ability to take screenshots as a png? And it would be nice if we could just connect a usb stick to the dock to transfer.

Gotta love the new friend features so now we can see what everyone is up to but still have no way to shoot a quick message through the console. Makes that feature pretty pointless.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Wow this update is huge for those of us with two Switches. Previous I would play certain games on one or the other to avoid manually syncing cloud saves. Now my Lite can be my handheld mode like I intended when I got it.
Yep (it should have been at launch, but that's Nintendo so...). I wish it was possible to do it locally to.
It's also nice to have it before the next Switch for people who "only" have a lite ATM.
Maybe the will finally release a docked only version now.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Nice update, it's good to have the option to transfer screenshots without Twitter. Although I still think Twitter will be the most convenient for me.

Nov 1, 2017
Decent updates, unfortunately for me I bought a SD card reader a month or two ago.

Also here's an image of the new button:
01c39P3.jpg

I think folks are being unecessarily harsh on Raccoon lol

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
*"QR Code" is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
In my opinion, I think this is why Nintendo Switch firmware update frequencies are slow. They need to be able to check in with copyright and trademark lawyers to make sure if they accidentally infringe upon other licensing rights or not before they roll new features out. And if they do, they need to sign an agreement, or don't include it in, with the firmware updates.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They turned the Switch into a wifi hotspot and web server just to transfer screenshots? That's brilliant but also incredibly wild.
I wonder if they'll expand this web server capability down the road.
yeah, it seems like it could do other things for connecting the Switch to smartphones. feels like something Nintendo could get a lot of mileage out of it they wanted

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Been a while since the last NSO games so December should bring something new
Decided to check For point of reference, previous NSO nes/Snes updates were announced Dec 4(2018, tues ), And Dec 5(2019thurs). So the odds of an NSO update announcement tomorrow or Thursday makes sense(1/4). Now whether there's something big or not like a new system who knows but Nintendo

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The NSO button would be fine if it wasn't red. It messes with the design language of those icons but it would be acceptable if it was the same white color as the ones on the right.

Shame that the design of the NSO app itself makes it clear we probably won't be getting another retro system

Last edited: