• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like a gargantuan feat. Just how much did it sell in December...?

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
Very impressive - quite the turnaround for Nintendo. I love my Switch and cant wait to see what 2018 brings.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, i knew it was really successful, but i would have never expected it to do this well. Congrats.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
The PR confirms continued support from certain third-parties like Take 2 and Activision. Maybe something we can read into.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
So Splatoon 2 is at least 960k...probably a Million
Mario is over 3 Million already....
Zelda is over 2.64 Million
And Mario Kart is over 2.4 Million.
Those are some numbers like really friken good numbers.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when people said the system would be DoA for any cent above 199usd ? Oh and that Splatoon better be bundled...lol

Damn.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Very impressive stuff!

Outselling the Wii, the PS4, and the other success stories we've had over the years is an incredible result. I'm really looking forward to see how third-party publishers will react to this. I think the Switch's "gimmick" (combining home and portable gaming) appeals to a much wider audience than previous Nintendo devices (like the Wii's motion controls and the DS' dual-screens + touchscreen), so hopefully the Switch can become a home for a much wider variety of software too. Hopefully the typical western action-adventure and shooter games can come to the Switch too. The first step is set; the second step is a good online infrastructure. I think that's what's holding the Switch back right now.

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
ezgif-4-598322f7a7axshv.gif

Just wait for Pokemon to come out. Insane how well Switch is performing already.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Talent always wins. And now for the obligatory PopERA celebratory gif because I recall the nonense everyone spouted about how it was gonna flop.

champagne-sparkling-wine-bubbles-bubbly-champs-champers-adult-soda-alcohol-drink-drinking-1234kyle5678-mariah-carey.gif

Dec 18, 2017
It's nice to see that Nintendo has managed to escape their downward trend outside of the Wii.

People can no longer use the "Wii was a casual fluke excuse". Well, they can, but it will make a lot less sense.
I sure hope that this doesn't mean that they rest on their laurels at all, though.

I'm also hoping that this means that Nintendo will get more Japanese third parties that aren't coming to the PC. So that there is less need to buy a Sony console.
I don't like the idea of Sony having a hold on the Japanese console market forever.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy sales, this Direct is is going to be insane

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
So slighty more than 1.4 Ml in December? Switch was estimated to be around 3.4 ML at the end of November.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The PR confirms continued support from certain third-parties like Take 2 and Activision. Maybe something we can read into.
I think Take Two will continue to support Switch with their sports titles. Hopefully they add an occasional Rockstar port to that (Red Dead Redemption and GTAV anyone :P).
Activision killed Skylanders, and right now (assuming they mean Activision Publishing, and not Activision Blizzard), they're fully focusing on Call of Duty and Destiny, which rely on a good online infrastructure that still isn't ready yet... Maybe they'll port Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy to the Switch? One can dream!

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Still surprised about the success. Was not expecting the Switch to be such a big hit. Looking forward to 2018's lineup.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slaytendo doing it again

Talent stays winning

mLQ3CzO.jpg

Edit: can someone edit this gif for the Nintendo Switch?

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon alone this year would be enough to match if not exceed sales of 2017 (if it makes it out). I'm sure there will be plenty of other games that will continue the momentum as well.
The thing people seem to forget is that Mario and Zelda being out doesn't mean they won't still be system sellers. There is a reason people refer to these titles as evergreen, it's because they appeal to people even 1 or 2 years after release. Any titles on top of this will be the icing on the cake for many people who haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Kahla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Happy for their success! Who would have thought it last year with the reveal event?
I've not put mine down since launch and the games keep coming!

And I've demonstrated the Switch to my family and friends showing the split joy-cons etc and they instantly get it and tried to get a Switch themselves. They've got a hit on their hands and they need to capitalize!

Bayonetta is a Nintendo franchise now. Ye boi.
I picked that up too lol
So more than 1.4 million in december? Nothing stop this train!
How much were our guesstimate for PS4 and XBO for November?
So SMO has sold like 2.5 million in the US in just a few months?

What in the actual heck...
Over 2.8 million actually assuming my maths are correct.

Last edited: