Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
any word on battery life? I'm in handheld 90% of the time if im not playing smash and if it can out do the 3-4 hours i get out my switch now i would gladly switch
about a half hour more than the Switch

3-7 hours (Orignal switch is 2.5-.6.5)

Here's all the info we have right now
comparison-3.jpg

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely exists to replace the 3DS portion of their market base. Hopefully, they can slash the price by another $50 in a year or two to cater to the lower income segment of the market.

Looks like a slam dunk

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This would be handy to use in tandem with my current Switch. Does anyone have experience using multiple Switches with the same account/game library? Is it a nuisance or pretty seamless?

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Portable mode is arguably the worst way to play any game on the system, too.
There are actually a notably significant number of games that have better and more consistent framerate in portable mode (some even perplexingly running the same resolution as docked mode). Additionally smaller screen smaller pixels yada yada.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
So is the pro going to be a display-less version? Like a regular console? I haven't been following the news

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, a true successor for Vita! But you'll be able to play freaking The Witcher 3 on this one.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
My wife wants her own switch for animal crossing. We were waiting on the news for this one to get out there but yikes it seems bad. Will just wait for a good bundle with the normal one now

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
This is silly. They still kept "DS" in the title. Did you expect them to just not call it a Switch at all?

Good thing you don't work in marketing.

Normally, i'd ignore this post, but since you are so "friendly", i think i might come back to you and this posts if i ever read a single report of people buying this and being disappointed by not being able to play on the TV.

A freaking rename is a freaking rename.

You had some people sue Red Bull because the drink doesn't actually enables you to fly like the slogan says. Yes, no sane person thinks that, but here we are.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Makes sense to me, you're stripping out the features that are associated with the dock and tv set up + hd rumble and going for a pure portable machine.

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
Looks very pretty. It will sell a ton this holiday alongside Pokemon and Zelda.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't be docked and still costs $200. I can't understand why you would chose to buy this over the original.

Because it's smaller w/ a better battery. It's the Vita successor I've been waiting for. Love my Switch but it's always been a little too big, the battery a little too crappy, and the joycons a little too loose. I only play in handheld mode so this is fucking perfect.

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
This is disappointing. I hope they announce the "Pro" version sometimes next year :/

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
This clearly isn't an upgrade or targeting people who already own a Switch. It's lowering the bar for entry and creating a dedicated handheld for people who are into that. Great for families or multiple people in the same household who want to play together. I can't imagine kids will care about docking as long as they can play Fortnite or Pokemon.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is huge for Pokémon.

The 2DS's release in October 2013 really helped push the 3DS and X & Y to the younger audience. Now we have a cheaper option of the Switch that can do the same.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are obsessed with the "Switch" name having anything to do with the Switching mechanic at this point. It's called Switch Lite so consumers know it plays Switch games. It's not that hard. Switch is a brand, not a function.

People are upset they'll no longer be able to pretend Nintendo is dominating the console space when Switch sells well.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I glad i went with the OG, this would be too tiny in my hands.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Should be called Swish - there goes the money
(will wait for DF analysis or Switch Pro)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
No joycons/IR/rumble - fine. No TV seems odd. I'm sure internally its capable but I guess it keeps it focused on one thing.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I wouldn't buy one of these as my one and only unit, but since I already have a Switch, I could see myself buying this one for myself and leaving the old one at home hooked up to the TV primarily.

How easy is it to switch back and forth between consoles with cloud saves...