• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How are themes still not a thing? At least give us some fucking backgrounds and eShop music already

My 3DS has more features than my Switch....alot more

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Will I be crucified if I suggest "zomg i can't hold all these stabilities in my hands" posts be moddable?

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
There's a theory on the Reswitched Discord that they do this in the lead up to major releases now to minimize games leaking early, like Smash Ultimate did.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
And would that even work? Genuine question.
Permanently? No, not usually. It does take time to get back in though; usually only a couple hours for the people running the scene, but how long that actually takes to trickle out to the public varies.

It's not immediately clear to me why you'd need to be on the latest firmware to play/get a pirated version of the game, though. People running homebrew do occasionally update by accident, but it's not exactly common. Could just be people who know about as much as we do spit balling ideas.

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
So I keep thinking that they are holding out on features for the revision since the security flaw will be fixed because that's the only thing I can think of as to WHY this thing is still so barren I mean ffs Nintendo.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
So I keep thinking that they are holding out on features for the revision since the security flaw will be fixed because that's the only thing I can think of as to WHY this thing is still so barren I mean ffs Nintendo.
Aren't units currently on shelves part of the silent reboot? It wasn't something they could actively fix.

Although my guess is that there will be a major firmware feature update when one of the new models launch, like how 3DS got themes when the n3DS launched. Which is really unfortunate if neither comes out this year given that, comparatively, Wii U and 3DS have seen huge QoL improvements by this point. The inability to manually sort stuff is a legitimate hassle now.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
These threads should be forbidden if the update is just stability. Getting my hopes up for no reason.

Someday Switch menu icons... someday you will be sorted into folders

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
New TESC key and new burned fuse.
Which brings the total burned efuses to 10 from 32 available efuses.

However, hackers already found the new key 1 hour after the update.

Patched switch still won't get Deja Vu software hack because 8.0 already blocked that.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New OS features: I been missing for more than 2 years and 3 months now.

Retro: sweet summer child