• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

benbeau

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so Nintendo is finally going to make their soundtracks widely available right? Right?

lmao, of course they won't

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
It really makes me wonder why Nintendo still hasn't created their own VEVO channel or addEd OSTs to music streaming services. Even Disney has the decency to do both.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
You wanna listen to your Nintendo songs, better fork out your cash for the japan only club nintendo exclusive selection size CD that'll cost you 100 dollars at the minimum

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'll forgive it if they actually put their music on streaming services

Hell they can even do the most Nintendo thing ever make their own app and subscription service and I'll cough up money.

but they won't so fuck then

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
If they don't protect their copyrights, they lose the right to defend them.

It sucks that this is the way the law works, but it is.

That said, they absolutely need to make these available in a legit fashion.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Nintendo continues to be the absolute worst about this, no surprise. Entire youtube channels have been deleted cause of them with no suitable replacements for no gain.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
637lg8.jpg

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This remind me of how the Toei with many Youtubers

Which was solved (kinda). YouTube actually has new rules tied to that situation.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
It's always funny to me when these companies take down their music with no alternative. Like if you care that much then upload it all yourself with ads, don't make it harder for your own fans to listen to it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it'd be a shame if you couldn't listen to cool Nintendo game music like this one

I'm glad this billion dollar company is protecting itself. I mean it's not good, but it's their right, and that's the same thing.

Sakon

Jul 19, 2019
Please release the music to streaming services🥺 I can only imagine the playlists I would make ❤️

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Fuck right off, Nintendo

People want to listen to your music, and you wont fucking sell this shit on iTunes or whatever. The hell you think people are gonna do?

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Here we go again, why can't they just put those on streaming services?
Probably because the amount streaming services pay isn't worth it to Nintendo, who would rather sit on their music and guard it and save its value for some future endeavor. I wonder as well if the ability to parse numbers of listens (at least on Spotify) is too transparent for them (don't want people to see how many/few listens their IP produces).

Sucks.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does Nintendo offer ways to legally listen to these tracks?

I know they're not on streaming services but even on iTunes I look up some Nintendo OSTs for purchase and they're not there. Besides Pokemon which I assume is cause the Pokemon Company handles that.

Oct 25, 2017
but absolutely in their right to do so
Hey thanks I hope you didn't trip rushing in to remind us.

We know.

But there's just plain being mean to your fans. This is the same as Toei being absolute bastards when it comes to fair use and nuking fan's videos and essays for using clips from the show. These videos are one of the essential pieces to the longevity of the community that keeps an IP beloved for years to come. Nintendo could take a page from Sega here and how they encourage and support Sonic fans for example.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is such an ass backwards company about shit like this. Give people some way to listen to the music on its own then instead of just blocking it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is of course more complicated than what I said, but it isn't a myth.

No, it's absolutely a myth. You may be thinking of trademarks, but that really doesn't apply to things like musical works. The only recorded history of loss of trademarks due to lack of encforcement is products that have become generics, which isn't going to happen here. Nintendo might have had to worry about say, Nintendo becoming a generic word used for video game system, but they don't have to worry about Zelda trademarks because of a fangame (let alone music).

Oct 25, 2017
It's always funny to me when these companies take down their music with no alternative. Like if you care that much then upload it all yourself with ads, don't make it harder for your own fans to listen to it.
This doesn't even solve the problem of custom versions of the songs like extended loops. Even if they reuploaded, there's no way to get that kind of experience "officially".

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
No no no. Please I hope they allow some way of paying to listen or but at least. This is history and some of these soundtracks have brought me such peace and comfort for years.