• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/news/

PR:

2018-11-29
End of the Nintendo Creators Program & Information about New Guidelines

We are ending the Nintendo Creators Program (NCP) to make it easier for content creators to make and monetize videos that contain Nintendo game content. We will no longer ask creators to submit their videos to the NCP, and creators can continue showing their passion for Nintendo by following Nintendo's guidelines, located at https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkservice_guideline/index.html.

The NCP will come to a close at the end of December 2018. Please note that we are no longer accepting videos and channels, and will not review any that have been submitted, but not yet registered. The NCP website will be taken down on March 20, 2019.

We appreciate and encourage the continued support of content creators, and thank them for their dedication to helping us create smiles.

Nintendo Co., Ltd.

Edit:

New content guidelines here, FAQ in the link:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkservice_guideline/en/index.html?n

PR:
We are humbled every day by your loyalty and passion for Nintendo's games, characters and worlds, and respect that you want to be able to express yourself creatively by sharing your own original videos and images using content from our games.

As long as you follow some basic rules, we will not object to your use of gameplay footage and/or screenshots captured from games for which Nintendo owns the copyright ("Nintendo Game Content") in the content you create for appropriate video and image sharing sites. To help guide you, we prepared the following guidelines:

• You may monetize your videos and channels using the monetization methods separately specified by Nintendo. Other forms of monetization of our intellectual property for commercial purposes are not permitted.
  • We encourage you to create videos that include your creative input and commentary. Videos and images that contain mere copies of Nintendo Game Content without creative input or commentary are not permitted. You may, however, post gameplay videos and screenshots using Nintendo system features, such as the Capture Button on Nintendo Switch, without additional input or commentary.
  • You are only permitted to use Nintendo Game Content that has been officially released, or from promotional materials officially released by Nintendo (such as product trailers or Nintendo Directs).
  • If you want to use the intellectual property of a third party, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary third-party permissions.
  • You are not permitted to imply or state that your videos are officially affiliated with or sponsored by Nintendo.
  • We reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines.
Please understand that we will not be able to respond to individual inquiries regarding these Guidelines. Also, we may update these Guidelines from time to time, so please refer to the latest version before sharing your content.

Last edited:

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
So I can finally dispute the handful of videos they've claimed because I never bothered with the program?

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Good news! I wonder if this is a Furukawa thing. Guy seems more in-touch than Nintendo presidents past.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So they aren't going to content ID claim let's play videos anymore? Darksydephil may be jumping up and down if I'm understanding this correctly.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either this is Furukawas work or Nintendo of America is FINALLY having more pull at Nintendo. Either way is good.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
I can't help but notice that the list of approved monetization methods is missing... Patreon. Kind of a big deal to leave out! Hope they fix that.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
So basically, do not upload leaked Nintendo content and you are fine. Nintendo finally realized they can promote their games for free.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Good.

Another example why you shouldn't defend such shitty practice from corporates. They were wrong and needed to be called out, not defended. Without critizism, there will be no progress such as this.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I'm happy about this change but I'm still upset that they monetized (not demonetized) so many of my videos this year. They made hundreds of dollars from my videos that I will never see back and that's frustrating as hell. I hope I can at least re-monetize them now.

EDIT: Myself and a lot of YouTubers I know recently noticed that Pokemon LGP/LGE and the recent Smash Direct were mostly untouched by Nintendo, so I suppose that may have been a lead-in to this.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Q1:What types of content are acceptable under the Guidelines? What types of content are not acceptable?

A1:We encourage you to use Nintendo Game Content in videos and images that feature your creative input and commentary. For example, Let's Play videos and video game reviews are within the scope of the Guidelines.

However, you may not simply upload or livestream an existing Nintendo video, gameplay footage without your own creative input, or a copy of content created by someone else. For example, mere copies of Nintendo promotional trailers, tournaments, music soundtracks, gameplay sequences, and art collections are outside the scope of the Guidelines.

Q4:What exactly are the "monetization methods separately specified by Nintendo" as referred to in the Guidelines?

A4:Currently, the "monetization methods separately specified by Nintendo" include the following*:
Facebook - Facebook Gaming Creators, Facebook Level Up Program;
Niconico Douga/Niconico Live - Niconico Creators Program, Niconico Channel;
OPENREC.tv - OPENREC Creators Program;
Twitch - Twitch Affiliate Program and Twitch Partner Program;
Twitter - Amplify Publisher Program; and
YouTube - YouTube Partner Program.
*Subject to be updated

Q5:Can I sell content that I create and upload or livestream on a sharing platform if it includes Nintendo Game Content?

A5:No, you may not sell any videos, music, or images that you created using Nintendo Game Content.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great, it was probably the most backwards thing Nintendo was still doing.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
nItEnDo hAs A lOvE fOr vIdEo gAmEs. Nope. They love money, just like Sony and every other video game console. (Microsoft has an unhealthy obsession with endless money, it goes far beyond love)

Also nice. Can't state that your affiliated with Nintendo or they were sponsored by Nintendo.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Acg will finally start reviewing nintendo games, I know he said in the past that he was always worried about them interfering with his content if he did do nintendo games.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This means Angry Joe May review Nintendo games again.

Oct 27, 2017
They saw those Pokémon LGPE Twitch numbers.
Lol, you know that's actually a good point. Or maybe they realized despite all the Smash leaks it was generating a lot of attention, especially considering this point

• You are only permitted to use Nintendo Game Content that has been officially released, or from promotional materials officially released by Nintendo (such as product trailers or Nintendo Directs).

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Q1:What types of content are acceptable under the Guidelines? What types of content are not acceptable?

A1:We encourage you to use Nintendo Game Content in videos and images that feature your creative input and commentary. For example, Let's Play videos and video game reviews are within the scope of the Guidelines.

However, you may not simply upload or livestream an existing Nintendo video, gameplay footage without your own creative input, or a copy of content created by someone else. For example, mere copies of Nintendo promotional trailers, tournaments, music soundtracks, gameplay sequences, and art collections are outside the scope of the Guidelines.

Q4:What exactly are the "monetization methods separately specified by Nintendo" as referred to in the Guidelines?

A4:Currently, the "monetization methods separately specified by Nintendo" include the following*:
Facebook - Facebook Gaming Creators, Facebook Level Up Program;
Niconico Douga/Niconico Live - Niconico Creators Program, Niconico Channel;
OPENREC.tv - OPENREC Creators Program;
Twitch - Twitch Affiliate Program and Twitch Partner Program;
Twitter - Amplify Publisher Program; and
YouTube - YouTube Partner Program.
*Subject to be updated

Q5:Can I sell content that I create and upload or livestream on a sharing platform if it includes Nintendo Game Content?

A5:No, you may not sell any videos, music, or images that you created using Nintendo Game Content.

So if I read that correctly, you should be able to stream Nintendo Direct and comment over it without violating their rules? Although you need a separate agreement based on the platform? It's curious that Mixer isn't involved.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nItEnDo hAs A lOvE fOr vIdEo gAmEs. Nope. They love money, just like Sony and every other video game console. (Microsoft has an unhealthy obsession with endless money, it goes far beyond love)

Also nice. Can't state that your affiliated with Nintendo or they were sponsored by Nintendo.
break'n news jkm23 was bought out by microsoft for around 45 million dollars

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
So that means freedom?
LP can now fully monetise, instead of a conditional 60%?
Affiliates are allowed to stream again?

... That's just great news!

I still expect the content ID robot to not be fully up-to-date with the new guidelines and mess it up though! XD

Kolma

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Man... while getting that 30% back will be nice... It's going to be a major PITA to have to redo all the monetization settings for all those videos....