• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
They didn't realize they needed to clarify this sooner?
They at least wan to give their audience a little bit of credit.

But still, "third-party property" is a pretty wide range, given that Nintendo didn't specify "WayForward property". And Nintendo did work with Koei Tecmo to make MUA3.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
What if it's Metroid, but horny.

A Metroid with a butt.

Stupid sexy Metroid.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I'm curious to what it is. I'll check out the stream as well to see if I like TOK.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't wanna see more of paper mario since it's out in a week. I'll have to just keep popping in to see if any new stuff I guess

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
That response is definitive proof that Doug Bowser reads this thread.

Hey Doug. F-Zero when.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
With the summer game mess I can definitely see Nintendo eschew a usual Direct and do a protracted string of game announcements. Where Paper Mario ends with a Metroid tease, Metroid trailer gets shown around PMs release, trailer ends on a Mario tease, Mario Pack trailer gets shown on Metroid release etc.

Got classic Nintendo-Ninjad

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they had the sense to follow up and clarify. It's still pretty exciting that they're giving them a big platform to reveal it.

It says "based on a third-party property" but is it WayForwards, or somebody elses?

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Good on them for saying so. But dang, they had to know their tweet would start the speculation.

Edit: Also, I'm certain they added clarification because they saw Wario Land is trending on Twitter now.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Paper Mario, zzzzzzzzzz
Oh, WayForward game too? Guess I'll pay attention afterall

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
idk why people assumed it would be a Nintendo property to begin with but I'm glad they clarified

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
giphy.gif

I'm glad they had the sense to follow up and clarify. It's still pretty exciting that they're giving them a big platform to reveal it.

It says "based on a third-party property" but is it WayForwards, or somebody elses?

Someone else's.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Totally let down, their marketing people are pretty bad to word it that way. But at least I don't need to watch it live now, I will just check out the new game announcement later.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm

Wasn't there a Wonder Boy IV remake that was gonna be revealed at GDC but went missing?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
My wild guess here is Castlevania.

Honestly I've been thinking on this and it would fit a lot. It goes well with Wayforward's portfolio, would be a huge boon for an indie dev of their scale but also not tarnish the brand too much for Konami if it doesn't work out (given how little they use it atm), and has a noted history on Nintendo consoles, which would rationalise it getting particular notice, rather than just being shuffled into a general showcase.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Smart to get out there and say that. People would've been so mad when it ended up being a new version of *insert random niche retro franchise here* and not a Zelda 2 Remake.