• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
universonintendo.com

Fontes – Sonic Heroes pode ganhar remake que chegaria em futura plataforma da Nintendo [Atualizado]

Jogo será multiplataforma e potencialmente seu desenvolvimento utilizará a Unreal Engine

Sources linked to the Nintendo Universe and the famous leaker Midori corroborated the information said by Zippo, as well as the existence of a remake for Sonic Heroes — a classic game released in December 2023 for PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft Windows and Xbox that should be Reworked for modern platforms via Unreal Engine.

According to our sources, the title would arrive on the successor to the Nintendo Switch , as well as PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and Windows (Steam).

The most likely release window (not reported by our sources) is 2025 , but it all depends on how the title's development progress is at the moment.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMiELYCfyJA&ab_channel=DeoxysPrime

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
why would you remake sonic heroes when sonic adventure is rite there? i am befuddled

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Honestly, fascinating.

I wonder what they'll do to it. Some of the best level themes in the series, but the level design leaves a lot to be desired.

Plus, it's very repetitive having to beat the game four times, with only slight differences between the four campaigns, in order to get the final story.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Can they make the game good?

I feel like it's a game that could be good if they put effort into it

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
"Sources linked to the Nintendo Universe and the famous leaker Midori corroborated the information said by Zippo"

Feels like a red flag.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
With how close we are to April 1st, I'm not sure if I can believe that this is real. The "December 2023" typo makes me even less confident.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I'd do anything for a Sonic Adventure remake. Sonic Heroes for me marked the steep drop in quality control for Sonic and paved the way for the disasters that were Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06. I'd be happy to never see any of those games again, and here comes a remake.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Where's my Sonic Unleashed remake? Or even a re release? I promise me and Kyle Bosman will buy it.
why would you remake sonic heroes when sonic adventure is rite there? i am befuddled
Exactly my first thought. Like why. There's even a movie coming out that's pulling from the SA series, would be a damn fine time to remake them.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I had heard a rumor, that I never personally confirmed so take it with the biggest possible grains of salt, that they did try at one point. 2, as well. For whatever reason, it just never came together as they were, even at the time, struggling with it. This was back in like 2018, mind.

To be clear: I have no idea if that rumor was true. But if so, it would explain skipping to Heroes, which is overall more linear.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I may be remembering wrong, but doesn't the original Heroes use an engine which is owned by another company and is a total pain the ass to license, which is why it's never received any kind of port? (EDIT: Quick google says Renderware, made by Criterion, owned by EA. So maybe, although it the PS2 version did get a re-release in 2012, so maybe?)

Anyways, I enjoyed Heroes, so I'm up for this. Although I'll caveat that with the fact that I've probably not played it extensively for like, 15 or so years. Loved the OG Gamecube, didn't like the PS2 port when it got a PS3 release. But I'm sure a remake can fix things.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a remake I'd be fine with.

Sonic Heroes was a good concept with generally good level design and presentation, marred by extremely poor padding and messy gameplay/technical issues. It was a game developed under pretty heavy crunch conditions by a team that were not experienced with multiplatform game development. A remake of the game that improves it would be well justified and more warranted than Sonic Adventure.