--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
E4dEGRr.png

www.esrb.org

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition - ESRB

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition - Everyone - This is a collection of 2D challenges and platformer games in which players traverse through various modes (e.

Definitely what Pyoro was teasing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yup, this is definitely going to be a filler year for Nintendo if they're relying on stuff like this to pad out their calendar in light of the Switch 2's internal delay. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, just an observation.

Guess I was still right about it not being an actual tournament, the timing just didn't fit.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they aren't going the NSO route with this. Licensing issues?

gundalf

May 6, 2022
Yeah seems like it will have online competition aspects as core features and maybe even some social stuff sprinkled in. And with that it may be actually a remix of other NES games besides the ones known from the original NES championship games.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So....Does this imply there could be a Game Boy or SNES Edition?

& considering there's an actual description, this seems to imply this is getting a physical version? Digital only titles don't get details as to why a game received said rating.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see another NES Remix style game. Quite curious that it will be releasing physically and will have in-app purchases.

cursed beef

Jan 3, 2021
This seems pretty cool. Not something I would go in for, but I'm already excited for the kind of nonsense someone like, say, a Dan Ryckert will make from it

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo World Championships: Virtual Boy Edition, come ooonnnn

Considering there was 28 games across NES Remix 1 & 2, curious what will get cut. I could easily see stuff like Tennis & Ice Hockey getting cut since there's not really any score to work with, at least if we're going by how NWC operated & that bonus mode in NES Remix 2.

vio55555

Apr 11, 2024
Everybody trying to read 5 dimensions (4 versions of Switch?) into Pyoro's original post is kind of funny when it was actually the most literal interpretation of what he posted... just a picture of the game in question being remade.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I've been wanting a new NES Remix game, hell yeah. Hopefully it's like that.

vio55555

Apr 11, 2024

$30 is probably more fair than the prices of some of these other recent releases to be honest.

Endless Ocean at $50 for a procedurally generated mess (RNG that doesn't guarantee completing the story in any reasonable time frame seems broken from reviews).

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD at $60 for just an HD port of that single game... which is nowhere near LM3 (that sells for much less now) in quality is just bizarre. It should've been a 1+2 pack at that price and even then that could've been $50 for a 1+2 pack like Pikmin 1+2. I'd go so far as to say LM2 is the worst pricing decision by Nintendo in recent memory.

And that's not discussing any of the other remakes recently that could be questioned on price (Mario vs Donkey Kong adding a couple levels to a very short game seemed questionable at $50). Only one's I've been more okay with are the RPGs (SM RPG looked like a ton of work was put into it graphically and with the cutscenes/post-game content felt worth the money; we'll see what TTYD looks like but it looks like a top to bottom remake as well).

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
It needs a special cartridge that sticks out the top of the system with physical switches please.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
I was literally thinking about Nes Remix earlier this week and wanting something like that or a sequel for switch hope they bring it back with future snes versions n64 etc.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I do love the NES, a lot, more than the SNES, which is not the majority opinion.

But I wish we would've moved on the SNES/SFC since we already got NES Remix.