• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

funtastrophe

Oct 25, 2017
Photoshop him into Ness's outfit? Or better outfits of various Nintendo characters

For some reason, when I first saw a picture of him his open-mouthed expression and center-parted hair reminded me of this gem from the old site:

Shuntaro_agahnim.png

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Some of these games would be weird... OoT and MM and DK64 have massively upgraded versions made and the original versions run at like 15 FPS. Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 64 have had wildly superior sequels.

And those are like 5 of the biggest games on that list.

And no Goldeneye would get called out by every casual player interested in an N64 Classic.
Star Fox is on the SNES Classic. None of what you said matters to the people who buy these aside from the lack of Rare games that would pose licensing issues.

Shane M

Avenger
Jan 1, 2018
Thorold, Ontario, Canada
Some of these games would be weird... OoT and MM and DK64 have massively upgraded versions made and the original versions run at like 15 FPS.
Donkey Kong 64 has never been upgraded or enhanced. If you're referring to the performance increases in the Virtual Console version, it's reasonable to expect NERD's N64 emulator to run the game at least as well as NST's N64 emulator did.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good luck to you... Nintendo went from such a high and is starting to slip down the cliff again... you got your work cut out for you

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
why was this so underwelming, aint these things usually exciting/?
Not always. Depends on the timing. If the meeting falls within a window where they are close to announcing more details about something big, they might highlight it first for shareholders. Otherwise it can be rather boring. They have one every quarter, so it can't always be exciting.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
So this is obviously different to the investors meeting, where stuff like Mario Kart Mobile was revealed and that sort of stuff....cool
thank you :)

The Financial Results Briefings like the one were Mario Kart Tour was announced are attended by analysts and institutional investors, and sometimes have new information on products.

This is an General Meeting of Shareholders, where individual shareholders (common people) attend, and deals mostly with corporate matters.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Well, Kimishima had a nice run...
Will be interesting to see how the new president answers the next Q&A, since Kimishima also answered them differently from Iwata.

Nov 13, 2017
What are the Switch's twelve million sellers?

Odyssey, BOTW, MK8D, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Kirby, ARMS, 1-2 Switch, Bomberman, Pokken.

Does anyone know the 2 others?

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
What are the Switch's twelve million sellers?

Odyssey, BOTW, MK8D, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Kirby, ARMS, 1-2 Switch, Bomberman, Pokken.

Does anyone know the 2 others?
I don't think Bomberman is at 1m.

Fire Emblem Warriors definitely is though. Koei Tecmo confirmed it in their quarterly report in April.

I'd guess Skyrim and Mario + Rabbids are the other two. Tropical Freeze is probably almost there as well.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Q10. Every year's general meeting is after E3, so a video is played. The people overseas look like they're having fun playing, but why can't we stockholders play? Can you provide time to play after the general stockholder's meeting?

A10. Thank you for your request; we will take it under advisement.

business as usual at the stockholders meeting

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Q10. Every year's general meeting is after E3, so a video is played. The people overseas look like they're having fun playing, but why can't we stockholders play? Can you provide time to play after the general stockholder's meeting?

Lmao this can't be real.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

time change everything, a few years ago someone complained that Nintendo talked to much about their Games during Investors Gathering, now they want to be able to play the games too, LOL

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018

Actually, they have let shareholders play in the past, usually in years where a new console is revealed and playable at E3.

This was at the General Meeting of Shareholders in June 2006 at Nintendo Headquarters:

BKxLY6j.jpg

dta1XN8.jpg

rR5t4Zu.jpg

Last edited:

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
Also, if someone wants to know how the General Meeting of Shareholders looks...

This was when it used to be held at the seventh floor conference room of Nintendo Headquarters*:

pXIlvUI.jpg

eEaeMTq.jpg

KoBC43U.jpg

lGwGfBr.jpg

AjgclBUm.jpg

Nowadays, it is held at the seventh floor conference room of the Nintendo Development Center*:

2Gz8mgim.jpg

Qvtevtym.jpg

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what meetings were like when Yamauchi was president

like, were shareholders too scared of yakuza retaliation to ask questions?

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
Remember when one shareholder complained about getting lost on the way to the shareholders meeting?

Q3 said:
I got terribly lost coming here today. Every time I come here, I feel that you should take into consideration where many of the shareholders attending are coming from and that you may want to consider offering us some conveniences like a courtesy bus from JR Kyoto Station. As I feel this is rather an inconvenient place to visit by subway or by bus, I'd like you to consider more about this sort of thing than enriching the contents of the gifts you give to the attending shareholders.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/120628qa/index.html

Since then, Nintendo places employees in the neighborhood with signs pointing the direction every year:

hMQXOrml.jpg

The sign reads:

Nintendo Co., Ltd.

General Meeting of Shareholders

<-​

Last edited: