• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
H2x1_Gamescom_2017_image1600w.jpg

"1st August, 2018 – Visitors to Nintendo's booth at gamescom in Cologne, Germany this year are in for a treat, as they'll be the first to try some of the fun new minigames in Super Mario Party, as well as being able to go hands-on with other upcoming Nintendo Switch software, including Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and more.

Coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch on 5th October, Super Mario Party brings the original board game mode back to its roots as four players race across the board searching for Stars, taking advantage of deeper strategic additions like specific Dice Blocks for each character to use. Additional game modes, such as Toad's Rec Room that pairs up two Nintendo Switch consoles, plus the Online Mariothon minigame gauntlet, make this one party where everyone can enjoy themselves, and visitors to Nintendo's booth in Hall 9 can try out five of the new minigames themselves as a taster of the fun that awaits.

Other playable titles available throughout the show's run from Tuesday 21st August until Saturday 25th August include:

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate;
  • Super Mario Party;
  • FIFA 19;
  • Dark Souls Remastered;
  • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes;
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ;
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas;
  • Killer Queen Black."

They also mention what will be shown during the livestream:

"Those who can't attend the show in person can get a deeper look at a selection of already-announced upcoming games on Nintendo's YouTube channel, with a series of videos recorded at its RedCube studio on the gamescom showfloor throughout the week. Fans can tune in to see new gameplay from a selection of games, including Super Mario Party, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country, and DAEMON X MACHINA from Marvelous, featuring the game's producer Kenichiro Tsukuda.

Visitors to Nintendo's booth in Hall 9 at gamescom in Cologne, Germany from 21st to 25th August will be able to play Super Mario Party for the first time, as well as go hands-on with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, FIFA 19, and more. Meanwhile, fans at home can expect a series of videos throughout the week of gamescom that show new gameplay for a selection of already-announced titles, including Super Mario Party, DAEMON X MACHINA, and more."

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/gamescom/Nintendo-of-Europe-s-gamescom-2018-website-1408960.html

Personally i'm very excited to see more Torna - The Golden Country (last year Xenoblade had a good showing where they explained in detail the battle system, and the titan Uraya in general) and Daemon X Machina, the fact that it will be shown here once again makes me believe that the game might come in the first months of 2019.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
So is it reasonable to expect a Direct within a fortnight? Imagine if there are any announcements they'll want to get them out just before.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
It would surprise me if that no more heroes game releases this year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
So is it reasonable to expect a Direct within a fortnight? Imagine if there are any announcements they'll want to get them out just before.

I've the feeling that there won't be a Direct, since usually Nintendo has one of those for early September, in time for Tokyo Game Show.

I suspect there could be 1-2 announcements at Gamescom from third parties, so those will be shown at their own events, and then shown again at the Nintendo's livestream. (like last year with Fe announced at EA play and then they also had a spot during the Nintendo event).

Also small things like Dark Souls or Travis release date could be easily announced during the livestream.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes more gameplay footage of Torna and Super Mario Party!

Didn't they do this last year and it was sort of like a treehouse? Because I think I remember watching them play a new area of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Hell yes more gameplay footage of Torna and Super Mario Party!

Didn't they do this last year and it was sort of like a treehouse? Because I think I remember watching them play a new area of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last year.

Exactly, the whole event is basically European version of Treehouse Live

Last edited:

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Nice.
I hope we'll get a release date for Travis Strikes Again soon. I love Suda51's works.
Also new info for Daemon X Machina is super hype. I can't wait for this game.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Errr does Dark Souls being playable there suggest that it won't be released before August 25th?

This wait is seriously disappointing.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Have they mentioned if they will have indie/3rd party developers on their stream, like they had last year (where at least Image & Form and Zoink were present)?
Third party wise, Daemon X Machina producer is confirmed to be present in the stream.
Maybe we can expect Suda51 for Travis Strikes Back, and Killer Queen Black's devs since the games will be playable during Gamescom, and Nintendo advertise those two games a lot.

OP
OP

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Have they mentioned if they will have indie/3rd party developers on their stream, like they had last year (where at least Image & Form and Zoink were present)?

Marvelous is the only one confimed so far (last year also Image & Form and Zoink were kind of surprise segments, so i'm expecting that happening this year too), EA will probably have its own segment for FIFA and maybe a new indie announcement (if they follow the trend of last year).

Bandai Namco said they will announce a brand new co-publishing project at Gamescom, it could be with Nintendo

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/news/bandai-namco-entertainment-europe-reveals-gamescom-2018-line

Kaxi

Oct 30, 2017
Poland
Nice to see No More Heroes show up.

And I'm looking forward to learning more about Daemon X Machina.