ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Super Nintendo Switch abbreviated to SNS pretty much looks/sounds like SNES (for those who like to say it as a word). I'm all for it.

Time for consoles to be fun again, which I hope translates to the UI. As much as I like the lightweight/no-nonsense approach of the current one, it's just so damn boring. Conversely, it's fun turning on my 3DS and seeing the 3D animated spinning logos, themes, etc.

Anyway, getting way ahead of myself here. Time to wait some more. LOL

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually exactly what I want. Switch 2 and fully backwards compatible with the first.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Shit, I'm cool with a 'Super' Switch. I think that's what majority of people were wanting. At the same time I recognize we're losing Nintendo trying to innovate with their hardware like they had been doing.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Hope it has more interesting UI/menu music, biggest complaint with the current switch (outside of wanting more performance).

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Well yeah, just like the PS5 was the next playstation model after the PS4 Pro.

All this is confirming is that the next console will still be keeping the Switch name, which is what pretty much everyone already expected.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
A Game Boy Color approach would be pretty interesting. Pro version after all these years lol

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Truly it will be a NEW Nintendo Switch. I can already hear the confusion. I already assume it will be an iterative upgrade, but I sincerely hope Nintendo has a plan for how to differentiate this from the current Switch. Or else it's gonna be a WiiU situation all over again. Or maybe it's more of a Gameboy Color situation?

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I really wouldn't read much into this. The implication to me is that they're retaining the same platform/ecosystem, which is what everyone wants anyway.

Like... we already have tons of hardware leaks. Nobody should worry about capabilities.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This honestly feels like the end form for Nintendo. There ain't no going back to console or handheld. Not that I have a fucking clue what the video game landscape is even going to look like by the time Switch 3 rolls around.

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
後継機(koukeiki) is successor model (to the Switch). "Switch next model" is massively misleading, though I imagine the successor will largely be the same in concept.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
This honestly feels like the end form for Nintendo. There ain't no going back to console or handheld. Not that I have a fucking clue what the video game landscape is even going to look like by the time Switch 3 rolls around.

depends how much much they want to hinge their future on hardware. not to do the nintendo0med thing but 20 or so years (not a long time in the gist) that's a question mark

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
As it should, I've seen charts that Nintendo made more money from 2017-today than any years before that, combined.