• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Banjo Tango

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I've been trying to figure out if this is feasible to play the entire game through on Co-Op, and reading into it makes it seem even more convoluted than doing a MP-playthrough of Dark Souls.

Basically - my wife and I are interested in picking up the game as a co-op souls-like, and if we have to deal with humanity and summoning bells and what-not, that's fine. But we don't want to play through most of the game solo just to summon for boss fights or short MP-only sections, and from what I've read it's not clear what the game allows.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I've been trying to figure out if this is feasible to play the entire game through on Co-Op, and reading into it makes it seem even more convoluted than doing a MP-playthrough of Dark Souls.

Basically - my wife and I are interested in picking up the game as a co-op souls-like, and if we have to deal with humanity and summoning bells and what-not, that's fine. But we don't want to play through most of the game solo just to summon for boss fights or short MP-only sections, and from what I've read it's not clear what the game allows.
I played a full playthrough with a friend in coop. All the story missions are coop-able, and most of the optional side-missions are, too. I suggest you try the Expedition mode at the Tori Gate (menu on the world map).

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing this game for a while now and it's really addicting but also (quite often) very challenging. I have a question regarding the rewards from the Dojo mission, what does the Nioh Stance do (Way of the Warrior: Adept)? I also got Purification from The Way of the Onmyo which I have no clue either on what it does maybe it's an evolved version or something.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this game for a while now and it's really addicting but also (quite often) very challenging. I have a question regarding the rewards from the Dojo mission, what does the Nioh Stance do (Way of the Warrior: Adept)? I also got Purification from The Way of the Onmyo which I have no clue either on what it does maybe it's an evolved version or something.
Those are just emotes basically. There are a few emotes that actually do some interesting things but afaik neither of those do

gunbo13

Oct 26, 2017
These thread bumps are painful cause I'm reminded of my work to do. The struggle on floor 26 of 30 in the depths of the underworld. You know, fighting 3 bosses in a row after fighting through the abyss where the bosses regain HUGE chunks of health on every hit. Where elemental effects wean as the health bar goes low. Where many hits are one shot deaths and bosses are sponges often taking minutes of straight attacks. Where you realize how many bosses use lightning attacks and how painful getting shocked is. Where only the best gear and builds keep you barely alive. Where nightmares thrive.

Playing the depths straight up (no bs math builds or cheese) is without exaggeration one of the hardest gaming feats I have worked on. Team Ninja are sadistic monsters.

I'm not even sure how many more months I have. Though I only get a chance to play a few hours a week.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Man I just looked into how far I am in the story, I've just beaten Gyuki (that giant spider like boss) and that's about ~ halfway through the game (normal mode) with a 61 hours of playtime not to mention the ng+ stuff.... This game is huge.

Those are just emotes basically. There are a few emotes that actually do some interesting things but afaik neither of those do

Oh that's what it is, I didn't really look into the emotes aside from the hidden walls and chest mimics.

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am back at this game now that Elden Ring is done. God I love it. Best combat system in a character action game of all time. Hands down.

Question: does this game have a lamp or some other mechanic that the player can use to illuminate their surroundings, just like the lamp in the souls game? This game is so dark. I can't see where I'm putting my feet half the time.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I am back at this game now that Elden Ring is done. God I love it. Best combat system in a character action game of all time. Hands down.

Question: does this game have a lamp or some other mechanic that the player can use to illuminate their surroundings, just like the lamp in the souls game? This game is so dark. I can't see where I'm putting my feet half the time.
No. Gamma is broke on PS5 imo. It's the only game I've ever had to hugely adjust brightness/gamma.

Apr 3, 2020
How's the performance on the PS5 for this game? I heard it have a 120fps mode? I'm pretty it's not perfect by all means, but since PS5 started to support VRR, how is it now?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know if playing this game without burst counters would make this easier or harder because you really need to know the timing for these, but it's such an added stress mechanic (love it though).

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump but after Wo Long my friends and me decided we want to delve into Nioh 2 as a shared experience but we are quite confused at the different editions. From what I've seen we could either buy it on PS5 or PC, but then there's Nioh 2 Remastered which is apparently a (free?) PS5 upgrade for the PS4 version? And then it seems the PS5 version has some advantages that the PC version doesn't have? Is it a similar situation like with Nioh 1 where the PC port was capped at 60fps and the PS5 patch allowed for 120fps?

Thanks for help in advance :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump but after Wo Long my friends and me decided we want to delve into Nioh 2 as a shared experience but we are quite confused at the different editions. From what I've seen we could either buy it on PS5 or PC, but then there's Nioh 2 Remastered which is apparently a (free?) PS5 upgrade for the PS4 version? And then it seems the PS5 version has some advantages that the PC version doesn't have? Is it a similar situation like with Nioh 1 where the PC port was capped at 60fps and the PS5 patch allowed for 120fps?

Thanks for help in advance :)

I'm curious about this too because I haven't played the PS5 upgrade yet and I'd love to see how much it changes. Hopefully someone can shed some light on your questions for both of us!

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a minute but I believe I got a free PS5 upgrade for Nioh 2 after owning it on PS4.

From what I can remember, there is a 1080p/120fps mode for Nioh 2.

This was also one of those games I think you had to download the PS4 game and then search for PS5 upgrade and install. I remember it being a funky process compared to what we get now.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK the only change is that there is now a 120 FPS mode. Which if you have VRR is like a must. It's so good.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Yeah, they added native 4K, PS5 mode (like 1800p iirc with more enhancements and better FPS than native 4K) and 120 FPS mode.

Basically get PS4 version and upgrade it for free for PS5 version, that won't include the DLC though.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So if I get this right we should just grab the PS4 version and take the free update yeah? Alright DLC we can worry about later. The whole "Remaster" thing is just confusing at that point 😅

Oct 27, 2017
What are some good missions to farm Mujina and/or Scampuss Soul Cores, something that I can quickly hop into and out of to try my chances?