• 75-79

Votes: 29 4.6%
  • <74

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
80-85. Doesn't have the hype of the first game and it doesn't seem like a humongous leap over the original. Still gonna be an incredible game though.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
This will make Sekiro look like Drake and the 99 Dragons

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I am going to go 90. Being the second game in the series I don't think reviewers will have to look as hard as to what "Nioh" is versus any enhanchments that has been added to the formula they already know.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
The original scored an 88 on MetaCritic. This seems like it's gonna be a straight improvement over the original across the board, but I for some reason am not sure reviewers are gonna score it significantly better than the first. Guessing 85-89

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Going by Nioh and the demo of Nioh 2, I guess it's around 80. 83. Not much new, same shabby tech, more shitty demon-form crap. The first was a masterpiece, but what I saw and played of 2 is somewhat... eh. And don't get me wrong... I still hope that I'm wrong.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I loved 1 even though I didn't beat it. Put like 80-90 hours into it doing sidequests and whatnot.

How is the inventory system this time around? Improved/slightly less cluttered? That was my main gripe with the first game. The character creator solves my other issue lol.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
89 - I think it'll be a major improvement over its predecessor but reviews won't necessarily reflect that

Grip

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's gonna be around 83-84. I imagine the phrase "It's more Nioh" is going to be thrown around a lot in reviews and probably cause it to score a little lower than the original.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Two hours until reviews hit the internets. Mine should hopefully be among the first wave.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just a note.

People are breaking the embargo and are posting all the bosses. Spoilers are starting to explode on youtube.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will review worse than the first one, it seems kinda all over the place and unfocused.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In the end the score is irrelevant anyway. Game journalists will tend to judge it in light of its predecessor, rather than keeping a clear view here. It's always been like that. Dark Souls. GTA. Mass Effect. Recent FF's. Etc etc etc. Only time will tell the truth.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I own the first one, but haven't played it.

WIll I be lost with this one, or is it only very loosely connected like dark souls?
The missions are discrete stages. Stages are generally used several times, although each mission will have a different starting point/enemy layout/objective/environmental aspects (traps, doors being locked/unlocked, trees being down as barriers or bridges, etc.) so that each mission plays differently and often explores different areas of the same stage. Getting lost shouldn't be an issue.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
85-89

Reviewers will find something they are overly critical about that somehow isn't a big deal in other games or the idea of the game not being different for the sake of being different will make it lose points

Game is shaping up to be a straight upgrade from Nioh

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like this game will be better in every way than Nioh 1 which got an 88. If life was fair it would score in the 90s.

but life isn't fair, somehow this game will be better and score worse.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I own the first one, but haven't played it.

WIll I be lost with this one, or is it only very loosely connected like dark souls?

Not sure if the lore connects, but even if it does, that was one of the larger failings of the first game.

The story in Nioh 1 loosely connected to the feudal politics of the era with warring clans and real figures fighting each other while also dealing with supernatural demons. Felt like there was a lot going on separate from your goal of killing demons that didn't have a strong backbone.

But the first game was incredibly fun and satisfying. Combat was the highlight and the stages held fun secrets and impressive boss encounters. Worth loading it up to try out.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Predicting an 89, even though it deserves better. Would be really high for the genre anyway.
Nioh 1 got 89, Bloodborne got 92, DaS2 got 91, DaS3 got 89, DaS got 91, etc.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
This game's soundtrack, at least form the demos, is really excellent. I hope it gets some recognition.

I'm going to miss the image quality from my PC, but I'd rather play the game when it comes out than wait for the potential PC version. Though I'll probably double dip like I did for the first.