• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict the Score.

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 95-99

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 90-94

Votes: 70 11.1%
  • 85-89

Votes: 322 50.9%
  • 80-84

Votes: 189 29.9%
  • 75-79

Votes: 29 4.6%
  • <74

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 2, 2017
If there was only new enemies and areas in the game, people would also complain there's not enough variety.
There's reused elements in every sequel out there, including Dark Souls. That review honestly sounds like he replayed the first game just before 2, which would obviously bring a lot of fatigue with it.

edit:

That'd make no sense. You know that Nioh is based on historical characters, right?
Yes, some sequels recycle content but the extent can differ a lot. I don't get this argument at all. It might be that Nioh 2 recycles a ton of assets from the first game in which case it would be a valid complaint. Based on my expercience with Nioh this wouldn't surprise me as that game already recycled a ton of content.

We'll see soon enough.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have still to play the first one. I'm finishing Sekiro now then going nioh 1 and 2. Hope I'll like. Preordered deluxe

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I think it'll rate less than 1 but will still be a solid game. It's more Nioh for people who want it, but even the beta was already treated as more of an expansion rather than a full sequel.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yes, so?
Slap Vlad the Impaler or Jack The Ripper as the royal family member and you could have the same concept in a different country. Nioh was just yet another Nobunaga retelling mixed with classic Shogun story, they could have easily moved into something else with a sequel.

I don't want more of slightly different. Nioh was a bore to play by the end.
Sounds like you want a different game tbh. Both in terms of setting and gameplay.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those games where I couldn't care less what the reviews are because I know I'm going to LOVE it. That said I'm looking forward to a few choice reviews (mainly EZA)
After playing the first one recently I'm all in on this sequel. The demo/beta impression were good already as well.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning ask this for some time, might as well sneak it here. Did they give the old returning weapons any new skill moves or tweaks?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Mid-80s is my guess based on the reaction in the demo threads. But I'm hoping for score parity with the first one... and would be a nice surprise for it to be higher.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
7.5 from 3DJuegos and same author gave a 9 for the first game.
Expect similar scores from every media...

disappointing to hear. That review mentions a couple of things that I was totally afraid of happening.
Too difficult...no buy. Will wait for the PC version and hopefully there will be some easy mods.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Mid to low 80s. Combat is better than ever but the game still feels sorta underwhelming in terms of things like art direction, level design, and overall world building. Interested to see what people have to say about that. Character creation is surprisingly excellent, though. This is still an eventual purchase for sure, but probably not Day 1.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped about the game! The alpha/beta felt familiar in all the best ways - excited to see how it shakes out!

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they don't go as far as reusing all enemies and bosses from first part, but won't be surprised if this is true. lol Let's see the the other reviews in few minutes..

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to more reviews, as the first reports of reused bosses and levels does not bode too well.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
good start

screenshot2020-03-11a6gjmk.png

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
IGN 9
www.youtube.com

Nioh 2 Review

The sequel to Team Ninja's excellent blend of the action and Souls-like genres is here, and it succeeds as a wonderful evolution of everything that the first...

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing them reuse those skeleton enemies in one of the previews was already soul draining, I can't imagine what it would be like if every inch of game you uncover introduces you to another copy pasta thing from the first game.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Here's ours: 9.6/10

Every thing I loved from the first game is back and the yokai abilities fit *really* well into the flow of combat.

wccftech.com

Nioh 2 (PS4 Pro) Review - Two Souls, One Game

Team Ninja's dedication to creating a near-perfect samurai epic can't be understated in Nioh 2. Everything I loved about Nioh returns with new improvements.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
The 'Yokai Burst' works exactly like Sekiro's Mikiri Counter and it's vital to succeeding against bosses in the game. It's one of the best additions this time around.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
17/20 Jeuxvideo.com (biggest EU gaming website)
= 85/100

Good sequel
+ Better direction
+ A lot of content
+ Nioh2 gives this IP more personality
+ Yokai powers are great and bring more diversity to combat
+ Approachable and demanding

- Graphics are dated
- AI sometimes not good

www.jeuxvideo.com

Test du jeu Nioh 2 sur PS4

Après un premier Nioh accueilli à bras ouverts par la critique, la Team Ninja revient avec un second épisode, disponible dès le 13 mars prochain en exclusivité sur PS4. Au passage, l’équipe met au placard William Adams, héros du précédent opus, et propose au joueur de créer son propre samuraï...