Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I just hope Vita gets a look-in.

It'll probably be that princess training game though I guess.

Oct 26, 2017

Speaking of Switch here right, as are most if not all of your comments?

To review you've said we might get Switch announcements next week (though you never said in a direct, no worries), and now you say "notable" announcements this month (possibly for Switch), and there will be "big time" Switch games in this NISA event.

Right? :P

Thanks for the teasers, hope you don't get in trouble for doing these. I really appreciate these. :)

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
Hoping for Switch stuff and maybe a Ys VIII PC date finally? It'll have been almost half a year...

Feel bad for saying this, but I do hope they don't get Sen III's localization, unless they have someone/multiple people on staff who have the in-depth knowledge of the previous seven game's worth of content/terms/people/NPCs/places, because all of that stuff is in Sen III, and as a fan it really matters.

Also will probably dream of a Ciel Nosurge localization for a little longer, haha.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
I read this as NIS only at first and not America. Was going to say it was just gonna be a Disgaea 6 annoucement stream.

Yeah it's gonna be probably like up to 5 localizations. Some with a year some with a date and year.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Hoping for something Disgaea related or Trails of Cold Steel: Kai and Trails of Cold Steel III.

Though on second thought, I think I would rather XSeed get ToCS stuff probably.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for something Disgaea related or Trails of Cold Steel: Kai and Trails of Cold Steel III.

Though on second thought, I think I would rather XSeed get ToCS stuff probably.

I doubt anyone other than XSEED are getting the Trails games. Plus, I and II are already translated by XSEED, so it wouldn't make much sense to hand off the PS4 remasters to another company to do a completely new translation (thus us waiting even longer).

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing Exile Election will be one of the announcements. Not really sure about what else we might see.

I doubt anyone other than XSEED are getting the Trails games. Plus, I and II are already translated by XSEED, so it wouldn't make much sense to hand off the PS4 remasters to another company to do a completely new translation (thus us waiting even longer).
I'm sure that Falcom owns those translations, since that's generally the case for game translations. But I agree that I doubt anyone else are going to be touching the Trails games.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
This will probably be one of the few times I hope for absolutely no Kiseki localization news.

The series needs it's consistency and I don't trust NISA to get that right. I'd expect a rushed product with minimal research done in regards to making sure it's consistent with already localized products.

I would love a D6 announcement but this is a NISA event so I'd be shocked if we got anything D6 related.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we'll finally get a date on Ys 8 PC.

EDIT: It's also pretty funny (sad) that I'm praying they don't announce Sen 3.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Im in the same boat, bracing for impact at any case
Like I'm not against the idea of getting the game sooner rather than later but XSeed has done such a top notch job with the previous translations, it would be a crime to play future titles any other way. Especially with NISA who botched Ys 8 with both the translation and the PC port release.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
yeah as far as announcements go, don't expect anything huge. i think people are getting ahead of themselves because last year was big.

varkuriru

Oct 28, 2017
Like I'm not against the idea of getting the game sooner rather than later but XSeed has done such a top notch job with the previous translations, it would be a crime to play future titles any other way. Especially with NISA who botched Ys 8 with both the translation and the PC port release.

Yep, my feelings exactly. Overall, I hope the Ys 8 re-translation is good and that we get more Falcom games, but I will be sad if Xseed does not get sen 3.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope to see more PC support from NISA. Sohei Niikawa said they're not dropping PC support, but so far we only got few games and those were (mostly) bad ports. At this rate we're not going to get Disgaea 5 on PC 'till 2021.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Since its a NISA event, hoping for Disgaea 3 or La Pucelle to Steam announcement.

Will gladly double dip on both.

OP
OP
lupianwolf

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody's mentioned Hakoniwa Company Works (the minecraft looking game) by NIS. I don't know much about it or if it made money though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I expect The 25th Ward will be there, not sure about anything else. Would rather not get my hopes up.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Guess this is where we will know if NIS got Trails of Cold Steel III localization or not.

Don't even joke about this... Until they get the retranslation and the PC versions out this should seriously be a non-issue.

There is going to be a huge bavklash if NISA announces Cold Steel 3

Honestly if NISA gets Cold Steel 3 I think I'll be able to officially say that Falcom is off its bloody rocker. And unfortunately I think the odds are in NISA's favor depending on how Ys VIII has done relative to XSEED's localizations.

Kondo himself has said he doesn't know the first thing about English localizations/essentially doesn't care - And so honestly, with that information in mind, I can only assume he'll go with whomever can promise him the biggest numbers to show to Shareholders rather than the one that can offer the best quality.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
PLEASE let there be an announcement of a Culdcept Revolt translation patch. I wouldn't say the game is intolerable but there are errors everywhere.

...They could announce something like that here, right? Anihawk did say think small.