• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

Santa Ana, CA (December 14, 2017) –NIS America is proud to announce that Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory will be coming to North America and Europe in 2018 for Nintendo Switch™.

Previously released for PS4 (Sins of an Empire) and PS Vita (Flames of Rebellion), the Nintendo Switch™ version will combine both stories into one package.

About the Game:Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory -Chronicles the story of LegatusLaendurand Princess Cecille. What side will you choose to decide the fate of Fenumia?

Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire-Join Princess Cecille(and a saucy, talking grimoire) on her journey home as she fights hordes of monsters and a coup led by LegatusLaendur. A crumbling empire is in your hands. Will you restore glory to Fenumia?

Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion-LegatusLaendur, a brilliant tactician beloved by the people, fought on the frontlines the FenumianEmpire, but when he discovers why it is rotting from within, he vows to overthrow the royal family. Fenumiadevoured his homeland -will you fight to reclaim it?

Key Features:
- Reclaim the World of Fenumia–Follow Princess Cecilleor LegatusLaendurand experience the stories of Sins of an Empireand Flames of Rebellion.
- A Legion Under Your Command -Control four characters simultaneously and master devastating combo attacks in furious real-time battles.
- Ascend to the Throne -While clashing with rebel armies, make split second decisions on how to rule your kingdom. Will you side with the mercenary Prime Legion, the palatine Council of Princes or the cabalistic March Congress?
- Magnificent 2D Artwork -From the fangs on the game's menacing manticoreto each brick in Fenumia'scastle, all of the artwork has been hand-drawn to create a stunning world.

Exemplary Edition up on NISA's store:

https://store.nisamerica.com/fallen-legion-rise-to-glory-exemplary-edition-nintendo-switch

fl_us_nsw_full.jpg

01_7_14.jpg

Last edited:

SunDimension24

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So is it just like the steam version coming out (both games bundled together) but with a different subtitle?

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I got these back when you got the Vita game for free if you pre-ordered the PS4 one. I really need to get around to playing them.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting strong Nippon Ichi Software support after that successful Disgaea 5 port, this game looks cool so far, battles reminds me of Valkyrie Profile.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a collection of these two games:

- Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (PS4)
- Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (PS4, PS Vita)

The same bundle is also coming to PC (Steam) on January 5, but the PC bundle is called Fallen Legion+. There is also a $29.99 bundled release on PS4.

Only difference in the Switch version is the subtitle and that it's physical (there's a collector's edition at least).

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Looks a little like Valkyrie Profile merged with that mobile game with the Vanillaware ripoff art. I don't mean that in a bad way. Looks pretty cool, voice acting and exciting music seems good.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a collection of these two games:

- Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (PS4)
- Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (PS4, PS Vita)

The same bundle is also coming to PC (Steam) on January 5, but the PC bundle is called Fallen Legion+. There is also a $29.99 bundled release on PS4.

Only difference in the Switch version is the subtitle and that it's physical (there's a collector's edition at least).

there's more to this release than that, but those details will be announced later.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Well this looks interesting. First time hearing about these games. I will have to keep on eye on this.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
there's more to this release than that, but those details will be announced later.

Did they say that on the stream? The PR only says, "Previously released for PS4 (Sins of an Empire) and PS Vita (Flames of Rebellion), the Nintendo Switch version will combine both stories into one package."

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say that it looks a bit cheap for a retail game but apparently it's two games in one ? Will keep an eye on it.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory looks pretty neat, great to see this announced. Looks good in action and hearing Ben Moore's positive impressions recently has me interested.

Did they say that on the stream? The PR only says, "Previously released for PS4 (Sins of an Empire) and PS Vita (Flames of Rebellion), the Nintendo Switch version will combine both stories into one package."
They just announced on stream that they are currently developing new content for both routes for the Switch version.

Good stuff. If there are more cool announcements like this in the weeks ahead, that will be great to see.

Last edited:

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
The developer announces a collection of both games for Steam, and even before it's released they already announce a better version with new content for another platform.

That's what i call good PR.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a very pretty game, I'll definitely keep it on my radar. Really loving the support Nis/Nisa is showing the system.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's not very good. The gameplay is spammy, the story is awful and confusing, and while the art is good, the animation is limited.

Also the RPG mechanics are non-existent.

It's really disappointing.