• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Knew this would be one of the announcements. It seems like there are a lot of these games by now.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Has a look I find appealing. Mechanics describe things I like. Why then will I not like it when it comes out? This keeps happening with me and NIS lately.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I figured this would be one of their two announcements. I might check it out, hopefully it's not too frustrating since I end up dropping roguelikes if they annoy me too much usually.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game looks very interesting, and I love roguelikes in general so it's right up my alley. Glad they are localizing it.

Feb 5, 2018
NIS has so many games that I don't really know what to buy from them anymore.
Kind of annoys me they only have one team working on Falcom stuff. There are like 5 games (CS4, Hajimari, The Crossbell HD rereleases, YSIX) and that alone will take them 5-6 years to release. By then Japan will be way ahead with 2 more YS games and 2-3 more Trails games lol

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Kind of annoys me they only have one team working on Falcom stuff. There are like 5 games (CS4, Hajimari, The Crossbell HD rereleases, YSIX) and that alone will take them 5-6 years to release. By then Japan will be way ahead with 2 more YS games and 2-3 more Trails games lol
Maybe this was the case when they just started doing Falcom stuff, but as of right now, I can't imagine NISA doesn't have a team that is full steam ahead on CS4 (most likely the same team that did CS3) and another team (might be smaller than the CS3/CS4 team) that is currently in the early stages of working on Ys IX.

If what your saying is true though I would hope that changes soon, given how in demand Falcom stuff is. I'd say it would be somewhat feasible if NISA released 1 Falcom game a year and we just were 2 years behind the jp releases, but the Crossbell releases complicates things a lot.

Feb 5, 2018
Maybe this was the case when they just started doing Falcom stuff, but as of right now, I can't imagine NISA doesn't have a team that is full steam ahead on CS4 (most likely the same team that did CS3) and another team (might be smaller than the CS3/CS4 team) that is currently in the early stages of working on Ys IX.

If what your saying is true though I would hope that changes soon, given how in demand Falcom stuff is. I'd say it would be somewhat feasible if NISA released 1 Falcom game a year and we just were 2 years behind the jp releases, but the Crossbell releases complicates things a lot.

Idk, it was the last i heard, but I would expect that after CS3 being a popularity boost for the franchise, CS4 certainly has plans to be worked on alongside Ys IX. What scares me really is this grand opportunity to get those Crossbell games translated being entirely glossed over. This may be the last chance they could do it, considering the games are relevant again in Japan with these rereleases.

Its a mammoth of a translation project to do any Trails game, which is why i would love it if they had a bigger team to do translations and editing. Maybe they do though now.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Idk, it was the last i heard, but I would expect that after CS3 being a popularity boost for the franchise, CS4 certainly has plans to be worked on alongside Ys IX. What scares me really is this grand opportunity to get those Crossbell games translated being entirely glossed over. This may be the last chance they could do it, considering the games are relevant again in Japan with these rereleases.

Its a mammoth of a translation project to do any Trails game, which is why i would love it if they had a bigger team to do translations and editing. Maybe they do though now.
yeah the Crossbell situation is going to be interesting, and I'm still not entirely sure if they will actually bring them over. tbh, with how much work has gone into the Geofront translation, I'd love it if NISA bought it. That way people get paid, and NISA has less to work on, but I kinda doubt that will happen.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
yeah the Crossbell situation is going to be interesting, and I'm still not entirely sure if they will actually bring them over. tbh, with how much work has gone into the Geofront translation, I'd love it if NISA bought it. That way people get paid, and NISA has less to work on, but I kinda doubt that will happen.
NISA isn't in the business of buying fan translations, they translated Danganronpa themselves when there was already a fan translation out. It's not feasible to buy the Geofront translation anyway, since the original translator said he didn't want to sell it and there are way too many people that have been involved with the project to track down and work with at this point. I'd be shocked if NISA doesn't end up localizing them though since Kondo has hinted multiple times in interviews that he wanted the games to be released overseas and one of the reasons they made the ports in the first place was so that they'd be available to more people on modern platforms.

ChaosSaga

Oct 25, 2017
Around Hyrule
NISA isn't in the business of buying fan translations, they translated Danganronpa themselves when there was already a fan translation out. It's not feasible to buy the Geofront translation anyway, since the original translator said he didn't want to sell it and there are way too many people that have been involved with the project to track down and work with at this point. I'd be shocked if NISA doesn't end up localizing them though since Kondo has hinted multiple times in interviews that he wanted the games to be released overseas and one of the reasons they made the ports in the first place was so that they'd be available to more people on modern platforms.

Always take Kondo as a grain of salt... He says many things.

Partners have to wait japanese release of those games before they can start work with it.

NISA has NIS games and other small games that they usually work with.

In the end is Falcon way of doing things in the West harms them more than any other reason. And we need to know if Trails is more lucrative than the usual work that having dedicated teams is viable.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Always take Kondo as a grain of salt... He says many things.

Partners have to wait japanese release of those games before they can start work with it.

NISA has NIS games and other small games that they usually work with.

In the end is Falcon way of doing things in the West harms them more than any other reason. And we need to know if Trails is more lucrative than the usual work that having dedicated teams is viable.
Yeah I know about Falcom not letting the western localizers start working on the games until the Japanese release since XSEED used to mention it before when people would ask. It'd be nice if they would change but they only really care about the Japanese market first and foremost sadly.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah I know about Falcom not letting the western localizers start working on the games until the Japanese release since XSEED used to mention it before when people would ask. It'd be nice if they would change but they only really care about the Japanese market first and foremost sadly.
there are signs that western sales are picking up, in part because of NISA's marketing I imagine. I believe their financial reports had the Western market doing as well as the Asian market, which I think is a first. Worth keeping in mind that the only thing that released in the west too was CS1 and CS2 for PS4 for the last year.

I imagine if western sales continue to make up a larger portion of their overall earnings it'll be something they have to address eventually. The question is really just when at this point because it definitely feels like their games are gaining popularity.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Did anyone pick this up? I haven't really seen much in the way of English impressions other than few GameFAQs posts and a handful of reviews. I'm thinking of getting it after I finish up Ghost of Tsushima and SAO.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
First time seeing this and immediately thought of Pandora's Tower, where you have to bring monster hearts to a girl who despise meat so she would not transform into a monster.