• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The insides of those exocraft being modeled is brand new. Isnt in the game right now. I imagine they will probably also port them as an fps mode for the exocraft and submarine in non-vr mode (they are only 3rd person right now)

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Hello Games is a legend at this point.

They stood fast bearing the full brunt of ANGRY GAMERZ and came away giving more than they ever promised.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As creators of No Man's Sky, we are in love with everything sci-fi. Virtual reality feels like a science fiction become real, and has always seemed like a perfect fit for this futuristic game of ours.

It's completely unique to land on a world that no-one has ever seen before and to really feel as if you're there, and the team has worked so hard to make this a true VR experience rather than a port.

Grab the joystick and thruster to fly your starship over an unexplored alien planet as you peer out of the cockpit at the view below. Reach into your backpack to grab your multitool, touch it to switch to terrain manipulation, and carve out intricate shapes with unprecedented control. Play in multiplayer and casually wave to your non-VR friends or fist bump your VR peers.

No Man's Sky Virtual Reality is not a separate mode, but the entire game brought to life in virtual reality. Anything possible in No Man's Sky, NEXT or any other update is ready and waiting as an immersive and enriched VR experience.

No Man's Sky Virtual Reality, like all the parts of Beyond, will be free to existing players. No Man's Sky Virtual Reality will bring the experience to PlayStation VR and Steam VR, and will be released simultaneously on both platforms.

By bringing full VR support, for free, to the millions of players already playing the game, No Man's Sky will become perhaps the most owned VR title when released. This amazes us, and is utterly humbling. The team is working so hard to live up to the expectations that creates. We are excited for that moment when millions of players will suddenly update and be able to set foot on their home planets and explore the intricate bases they have built in virtual reality for the first time.

As well as Online and Virtual Reality, No Man's Sky Beyond contains a third major feature set that we'll be talking more about when we can.

This is an exciting time. Thank you so much for being with us on this most ambitious chapter of No Man's Sky.

Sean

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand

NOkrIWm.gif

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
No mans sky is top1 anime comebacks of life.
/Clap to hello games, they started horrible, but they deserv my honor.
Many other tEAms...u all know what I mean.

excowboy

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe they went and did it! I stopped playing a few months back but picked up PSVR at Christmas - this is amazing. I will say on my base PS4 there are plenty of frame rate dips in normal play, so expecting VR to be a bit choppy.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely in for the VR. I think VR support will probably increase my enjoyment of the game as it's really a game that leans into immersion.

Yeah even on PC vanilla the game can chop a little bit, didn't load it up on my current, higher end rig. Will probably wait for the VR update to play again now.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
Holy shit. Holy fucking shit.

I can't believe it. This is a dream come true. I dreamed about this so much and I thought it would never be possible. This is the biggest and better game related news I could get.

NMS is the perfect game for VR. Time to throw money at whether PlayStation VR deal I can find.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the PSVR footage doesn't look like they're downgrading detail much. It looks like the terrain deformation tool has gotten more precise, either overall or due to VR controls, can't tell.

I really didn't think they'd go for it until next gen, but now I'm really curious about that 3rd feature set, since they seem to be running down the community's major wish list and doing major overhaul in the process.

Edit: in the underwater footage, is that big spherical formation they are swimming near new flora/mineral by any chance or is that something already in the earlier updates. I haven't seen anything like it yet with my time since the Abyss update.

Last edited:

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Man I told myself to ignore the rumors. Its so unlikely. Don't get your hopes up, I said to myself.

And boy oh boy am I overjoyed right now. Hello Games giving more than I ever expected for my money. So hyped for VR. Gonna relax and explore so hard.

TopherDL

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this and immediately went to re-download this to my PS4. The absolute one game I've always wanted to try in VR. I cannot wait.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really cool that it's a free update. They could have charged $20 for this and no one would have complained

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
When they say Steam VR, do they mean both the vive and oculus? If it comes to oculus, I'm throwing money right at my screen for this

All Steam VR stuff works with Oculus. So you're fine. It'll be sold on Steam, not on the Oculus store. But your Oculus works with Steam VR.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
I'll definitely be in for VR on Steam. Never picked it up yet because I was hoping there'd be a VR anode one day and glad to see it's happening.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Yess!! I will finally get back into this game. Goddamn thank fucking hell it is not PSVR exclusive. Can't wait to try on my Vive.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
OK, wow. This was dogshit at launch but... They've managed to really turn this around.

So... Can I buy a cheap 2nd hand copy on ebay and I'm all set?

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope they bring lots of options for locomotion on foot. Either way this is a fantastic and unexpected development. Can't wait to dive back in.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
is there any chance of crossplay PC/PS4? My friend is PCVR and I am PSVR. ugh! My PC is not good enough!

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game for $5 a while back and started on a rough planet and kinda just died haha purposefully been holdong off a retry till the updates were done to see if they'd add VR!! :D

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
How is the PC version of this game? I was thinking of buying it at some point, and I'm on the cusp of building a gaming PC with a GTX 1660Ti-tier GPU. I also see that it's currently on sale for PC. I'm wondering if it makes more sense to buy it on PC or my PS4 (I have a base model).

Is the PC version any good these days? I heard it wasn't that good at launch.

I feel like my question might be silly, but this is also what I faintly remember being true. I'm glad I'm not the only one asking.