• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I've watched the video, I understand the context. And the context is you can not play Rocket League in No Man's Sky. The thread title says you can. How is this controversial? How the fuck are you arguing that someone stating that in a thread title is wrong is being "ridiculous." Why don't you make a thread saying you can play Red Dead Redemption 2 in Breath of the Wild?

There is no argument to be had. There is a world of difference between "You can play Rocket League" and "You can play a Rocket League-style game."

Don't try that slippery slope shit with me. If you don't see the difference between "You can milk aliens" and literally telling someone they can play a licensed property within a separate license property that it has no affiliation with - which also is flat out incorrect - then I don't know what to tell you.

Yea okay.

I think you'll find no one but you is concerned about this, because everyone but you read the title, watched the video, and understood you could create a rocket league-like arena in the game using the creation tools. No one has entertained the idea that actual rocket league is available in No Mans Sky.

Have a good day.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this game approaching Minecraft levels of creativity but on a universal scale? Or is it now beyond Minecraft in that regard?

The only thing it doesn't have is that "day time you're safe and night time you're not" aspect. It has other dangers.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah there is zero reason not to trust things. Thankfully though this is all happening just a few days before release so nothing is gonna get out of control and the patch notes will clear everything up.

I am not quite sure about that. Already we have Molyneux allusions being thrown about in the thread. Hell I don't remember Molyneux EVER going back to one of his existing games and updating it to the point of every significant feature he said that would be in it, actually managed to happen. Not even Fable: Lost Chapters even. Even if we factor things like technology (at the time) and development scope. I just find the comparison highly disingenuous, especially with NMS after the point of every single major update including every significant bullet point as per their extensive patch notes.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Isn't this game approaching Minecraft levels of creativity but on a universal scale? Or is it now beyond Minecraft in that regard?

The only thing it doesn't have is that "day time you're safe and night time you're not" aspect. It has other dangers.

I think it has some of this, because I've gotten my ass handed to me out exploring at night on planets that were fine during the day.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really excited to hear Sean talk about 2.0 and how it brings everything together more cohesively, as that has been one of my biggest issues with the game. Really hoping they've done as good a job as it sounds on that front.

Really excited to jump back in, these next 5 days are gonna draaaaaag

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
How else is someone supposed to read "a fully functioning game of Rocket League can be played out within the game"? Just because everyone knows you can't play Rocket League in No Man's Sky, doesn't make a thread title saying you can play Rocket League in No Man's Sky right.

It's not hard. I have no problem with what Sean said, unless you tell me Sean from Hello Games wrote the thread title, then yes, I'd have a problem with what he said too. The thread title says you can play "Rocket League," not "Rocket League-style game." Surely you recognize the problem with that?

You and "They're lying about the atoms" guy from the other thread need to team up since you guys seem to take things literally to obtuse levels. Maybe you can start complaining that there's Men in No Man's Sky.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You and "They're lying about the atoms" guy from the other thread need to team up since you guys seem to take things literally to obtuse levels. Maybe you can start complaining that there's Men in No Man's Sky.

Since they introduced player models, you can argue that the fact that there are ACTUALLY men on the SKY makes the game title a fraud now.
Refunds when?

/s

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Maybe because everyone else understands what it is. I swear it's like some people become Drax-level literal with this game when it comes to parsing basic shit.

"You can milk alien creatures!"
"Okay but is every creature you can milk mammalian because otherwise it's not really milk and this is a lie. Why isn't anyone else talking about this?!"

You say this as a joke but yesterday we had someone saying the mentioning of "every atom procedural" was misleading marketing.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I do not care for this game, didn't when the first promises were told, but I have to respect the way they are delivering on that promise now and more.
I think it's quite exceptional how they're sticking with it all the way.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Yea okay.

I think you'll find no one but you is concerned about this, because everyone but you read the title, watched the video, and understood you could create a rocket league-like arena in the game using the creation tools. No one has entertained the idea that actual rocket league is available in No Mans Sky.

Have a good day.

And no one has entertained the idea that the actual Red Dead Redemption 2 is available in Breath of the Wild, that doesn't mean I should make a thread stating that it is.

Are men a licensed property?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still not going to buy since the core gameplay feeling looks unsatisfying to me and I'm not into resource gathering types of games, BUT, the way they have turned this thing around is really admirable and it makes me happy to see the fans happy. This latest update sounds like it's going to enable some creativity which definitely makes me curious.

Yes, a "Rocket League-style game." The thread title straight up says you can play "Rocket League."
Oh give me a break. Lol

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So the question now is, for me at least, should I jump back in and start a new game now or wait? I'm pretty excited to jump back in now but forgot how updates work with existing saves. Do they seem to blend in just fine or do most start over?

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Do normal, survival and creative players play in the same galaxy or are they all seperate?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
How else is someone supposed to read "a fully functioning game of Rocket League can be played out within the game"? Just because everyone knows you can't play Rocket League in No Man's Sky, doesn't make a thread title saying you can play Rocket League in No Man's Sky right.

It's not hard. I have no problem with what Sean said, unless you tell me Sean from Hello Games wrote the thread title, then yes, I'd have a problem with what he said too. The thread title says you can play "Rocket League," not "Rocket League-style game." Surely you recognize the problem with that?
Jesus, are you for real?

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm curious how well executed the "hoard" missions will play out. I read that you can go on team missions where you have to farm those eggs, and then fight off waves of those monsters. Hoping it's more defined and not just "go get the eggs and kill the one wave of monsters that spawn". Also hoping there's a bit more variety so we get some "queen" enemies after a few waves...but that's probably hoping for a lot, lol.

And no one has entertained the idea that the actual Red Dead Redemption 2 is available in Breath of the Wild, that doesn't mean I should make a thread stating that it is.

Are men a licensed property?

It's clear at this point you just want to argue and sling mud. Peace out.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
It's clear at this point you just want to argue and sling mud. Peace out.

I'm not arguing anything. I pointed out that the thread title makes a pretty big false statement. That is a fact. There is nothing to argue about that. For whatever reason that offended you, I don't know what to tell you. Personally speaking it seems like a weird thing for you to go on and on about defending, when it is an unequivocally inarguable point of fact.

GodofWine

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want intergalactic animal races, with jockeys. This is probably doable too.,

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
gimme that alien milk

honestly if no mans sky was just slightly more easy to get started with i would be more into it, like i am more apt to play something like astroneer right now, it is a friendlier (albeit much smaller in scope) experience

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna start my contracting company for this game, we'll swing by your forever planet and create the wonder you've always dreamed to live in. Every Man's Supply where the only thing procedural is your smile.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that the milking won't be a manual thing, but rather the player will build a "milker" machine and place animals into it.

Or we'll be tugging on some teets, I dunno.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
So...with logic now being implemented for bases...it's theoretically possible for someone to build multiple bases on the same planet / solar system, each with puzzles to solve, and clues pointing to the next location. If they can implement a reward system, then it might be possible for users to generate their own quests within the game itself.

Much more exciting than building rocket league, right? Especially if the puzzles can involve movement, destruction, or teamwork.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
So...with logic now being implemented for bases...it's theoretically possible for someone to build multiple bases on the same planet / solar system, each with puzzles to solve, and clues pointing to the next location. If they can implement a reward system, then it might be possible for users to generate their own quests within the game itself.

Much more exciting than building rocket league, right? Especially if the puzzles can involve movement, destruction, or teamwork.

There have been some player-created quests using the very rudimentary stuff pre-Next, I can only imagine it's going to get better as we get more items/components

Oct 25, 2017

I...super love this idea.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt see any people saying this (so far) but we can actually now build a ERA base on a ERA planet so people can visit and chill out.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Shit now im imagining gamers giving handjobs as they milk and smile

Just imagining some of the derpy creatures I've met giving me an over the shoulder look as I milk them is cracking me up!

On shitty hotel wifi and watching this gif load was hilarious!

Are they procedural too? Is it like extra challenge just to find them first?

Holy shit lol

Every Teet Procedural™
Fucking dead!

Mate. This sounds amazing.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
gimme that alien milk

honestly if no mans sky was just slightly more easy to get started with i would be more into it, like i am more apt to play something like astroneer right now, it is a friendlier (albeit much smaller in scope) experience

Really shouldn't sleep on creative mode to get your bearings before trying the others.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
One thing I always wanted in this game was City biomes, hopefully that's truly possible with Beyond.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I'm sorry, they announced what is effectively taking minecraft and putting it into elite: dangerous? Like, you can just do that?