SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you set the PS4 itself to 4K you have 2 options in game

framerate unlock = up to 60fps but struggles a lot
framerate lock = cap at 30fps but doesn't struggle to maintain it

If you set the PS4 itself to 1080P max the game will not struggle to maintain 60fps when framerate is unlocked in game.

How does it perform on the Xbox One X?

This game has cross-save or crossplay?

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I played this a while ago but somethign always comes up andi don't play it much.
I got VR a short while ago. CAn i play it in VR with xbox controller while seated? or does it have the full VR experience?

The game is designed around seated/standing. You have to use tracked controllers for on planet gameplay, but an Xbox controller works for flying your ship.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I still really want gas giants. I don't care if you can't land on them proper. There's a ton of things you can do with floating stations, air sack aliens. Flying into progressively denser gas that eventually turns to liquid, etc.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
How's the ultrawide support? Last time I checked it still had some issues.

If you're on PC I highly recommend checking out some mods, hopefully they should be compatible soon. I usually mod to clean up the image (remove CA and such) and I also usually go for reduced asteroid density, which is offset by asteroids giving more materials. Moda don't affect achievement either.

There's no option to disable CA in-game?

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
what kind of hazards/enemies can you run into on food and in the air?
From my memory was only those flying bots a while back and some pirates.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw my first thunderstorm flying into a desert planet. I figured the lightning effect would be mostly backdrop effects but it flashed all around my ship and through the clouds when I started to enter the atmosphere. It looked really impressive. I need to go back and take a screenshot.

Love the update so far.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I've played this game on and off for the past 4 years or so. I even bought the Limited Edition at launch with the fancy steel book and art book. The very beginning the game felt aimless, tall towers of resources of gold, emerel, etc.

I came back with the Atlas update and felt the change with the early semblance of base building, I took a break and didn't bother with the Desolation update. Horror stuff doesn't really appeal to me to be honest but mysterious alien threats was an interesting concept.

Started a new game with Origins and everything clicks. I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. I didn't even craft my hyperdrive yet but I still have a small base and feel like I'm getting things done in a progress sort of way.

Looking forward to getting a freighter and expanding into a a fleet.

OrigiNull

Oct 27, 2017
So I just started playing this and was looking to get a friend in on the fun, is griefing still a problem? Can random people still join your game and delete parts of your base?

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I'm curious about this - so there's a frame rate unlock option on Xbox One X which allows it to run at 4K with an unlocked framerate.

When we say unlocked - do we mean locked to 60? Is there a chance this could run close to 120FPS on Xbox Series X if you have the framerate unlocked and refresh rate set to 120Hz?