• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
gUUqXAu.jpg

NO MORE HEROES 1

Platform: Switch
Price: $19.99
Size: 1.7 GB

95FHf1h.jpg

k94u9Z7.jpg

NO MORE HEROES 2 - DESPERATE STRUGGLE

Platform: Switch
Price: $19.99
Size: 2.6 GB

1ZxHedB.jpg

46iBoH4.jpg

FEATURES:
  • 60 FPS​
  • 1080P​
  • Motion control with joycons​
  • Alternate controller support for both 1 and 2 (no motion control required)​
  • Fully uncensored in every version of the game (blood visible)​
  • Maybe more?​

F.A.Q

• What is the play order of the No More Heroes series?
Start with release order: 1 -> 2 -> Travis Strikes Again -> 3 when it comes out
  • Will I catch up to No More Heroes 3 this way?
Absolutely, you can dive deeper into the broader "Kill the Past" series it is a part of but NMH3 is the definite sequel of the series
  • What is the preferred control method?
Emulating the wiimote with joycons on your hands is the preferred way to play. Motion controls is an important part of No More Heroes but not mandatory in this version.
  • Is blood present?
Yes, blood is present in every version of this remaster.

source.gif
source.gif

MOE~

Spiderhead

Banned
Aug 15, 2020
Canada
BUY THESE GAMES. THEY ARE THE BEST THIRD PARTY WII GAMES AND DESERVE YOUR LOVE.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta pick these up eventually. Loved them both on the Wii.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
holy shit I have no switch but this might make me buy one.

no word yet on the new switch right? I want to wait for the new version.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
No more heroes is one of the greatest games ever made and has some of the best writing in video games.

2 is just okay lol

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Will consider double-dipping for NMH1. Have no intention whatsoever of going back to NMH2.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
60 FPS for both titles makes this an instant purchase for me. 2 was good, but the wii version ran pretty poorly.

Gonna be moe as hell revisiting these games in anticipation for 3. Hope we get it in the first half of the year.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Ready your bodies for 60 FPS tummy rubs.

cat_of_the_week_jeane_tummy_rub_gif.gif

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hell. Yes. I can't wait to get home and fire up NMH1 again. Now all we need is a killer7 port

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They seem to have replaced the K-ENT track with the side mission track... for some reason?

Was there a license issue with that track or is it a bug? That was one of the smoothest tracks. Oh well.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try this with an MClassic? I assume it could work wonders to clean up the aliasing in a title like this.

I have an MClassic but not sure if I'm gonna pull the trigger on this yet. Never played NMH. I guess for $20 I could just check out the first.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So happy about this - downloaded them both. Hope a physical may come with time.

Great OT! MOE~

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes forget the simple pleasures in this game such as farming money on silly gimmick sidejobs only to buy some absolutely stupid attire. None of this stuff ever felt super deep but it still feels rewarding somehow.

How is performance? Do the games stick to the 60fps target?
The overworld seems to drop some frames whenever you're hitting nitro on the bike but it's definitely sticking to the target way more than the Wii versions, and the combat segments in NMH1 have felt smooth as butter. The big stress test for NMH1 isn't until one of the endgame assassin missions so I think it'll take a while until we get a full picture. I only tested the first boss of NMH2 but that was great too.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I'll wait for a physical release. If it doesn't happen in around a year then I'll get this digitally, but I'm tired of getting digital-only Switch games and then a physical version getting announced.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
I'm really not a fan of double-dipping on the same platform, but I will absolutely need the hypothetical physical copy of these games, but also I cannot wait.

My solution; I'm getting NMH1 digital today and will skip NMH2 until the inevitable double pack physical release.