• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

prudis

Oct 25, 2017
CZ

reading the thread further the reply from author of original tweet .... thing was overblown cause of twitter being twitter
unknown.png

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
No keyboard and mouse support, so you'll need some kind of Xinput controller for the less tinkering possible, and basically no graphical settings outside of fullscreen toggles and antialiasing. I also experienced awful audio levels with distortion and some random crashing. It's awful.
the crashing is the games online drm irrc. the cracked version supposedly doesnt have the issue

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
PS5 and Series are pretty much PCs, but let's port from an outdated and underspec'd ARM based handheld.

The Series S/X are running a Windows kernel and DirectX, right? Someone explain to me why it doesn't make sense to have the same dev house port to both Series S/X and Windows. I know they are not exactly the same but I'm curious why you would do completely different ports like this when there are a lot of similarities.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I don't play these so I don't have a horse in the race

That said, while it really sucks they did that I know that I personally would rather have something over nothing, so if it was this over not getting any port then I want this.

XSEED promises to adress this

heehofiend

May 13, 2018
XSEED made a statement regarding the PC port:
"Thanks for celebrating the launch of Travis' latest adventure on new platforms like Steam. We're excited for you to explore Santa Destroy once again, and we wanted to let you know there will be an update coming soon to improve some of the visual elements in this version, including draw distance."

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
"Thanks for celebrating the launch of Travis' latest adventure on new platforms like Steam. We're excited for you to explore Santa Destroy once again, and we wanted to let you know there will be an update coming soon to improve some of the visual elements in this version, including draw distance."
Awesome!

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
An offical update by Xseed on the Steam forum of No More Heroes 1 half an hour ago:

"We wanted to provide an update on the Steam versions of No More Heroes 1 + 2.

We are very much aware of the issues affecting this title since launch, and after over a year of trying to develop patches, we can report that we have brought the effort to address these issues in-house. This has delayed things and we apologize for the lack of communication up until this point, but rest assured that we will provide further information as soon as we are confident that we have patches in releasable shape."
Oh wow, this sure is a twist to this story that I wasn't expecting.
Good to hear.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing on PS5 but I did really want to buy it on Steam. Figured some weird shit was amiss but good on them trying to get the patches in order, and the ini tweaks. And the calls for some patches for 1+2 finally have been heard!

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the awful state of NMH1 and 2 have been in for months, I don't have much faith in them.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
An offical update by Xseed on the Steam forum of No More Heroes 1 half an hour ago:

We are very much aware of the issues affecting this title since launch, and after over a year of trying to develop patches, we can report that we have brought the effort to address these issues in-house. This has delayed things and we apologize for the lack of communication up until this point, but rest assured that we will provide further information as soon as we are confident that we have patches in releasable shape."

I hope this means they're revisiting the games in general and might port them to more systems.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I wonder how long the NMH3 patch is going to take. For now I'm just playing it with some .ini tweaks. Looks great, and it runs at a locked 144 FPS on my laptop with a 2070.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, they said something? I missed that. I guess there's some small hope, then.

I could have sworn the differences between the PS5 and PC versions were more extreme than draw distance. Like, the textures were up-rezzed for the PS5 release and that also got skipped over on the PC version.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Did this patch ever arrive? Also which tweaks are these?
I've not seen any patch released for the PC version.

I haven't seen one for 1/2 which got re-promised after the debacle of this release too.

There's some unreal engine ini tweaks you can do to make the game look better basically. This page is a good explanation of things you can do in UE. For a No More Heroes 3 specific list of things people have tried, this steam community thread is good.
Oh, they said something? I missed that. I guess there's some small hope, then.

I could have sworn the differences between the PS5 and PC versions were more extreme than draw distance. Like, the textures were up-rezzed for the PS5 release and that also got skipped over on the PC version.
There's some differences that can't be changed of course, but for the most part it improves it to a level which is better than the PS5 version.

prudis

Oct 25, 2017
CZ
any progress on this?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

So you're saying there's a chance we might get KBM support?

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
Yo, the patch dropped today. It's 20.63GB and should bring it up to par with the next gen consoles. Installing now, will report back later.

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
Yeah, I loaded it up and nothing seemed to be different in the 2 fights I did. What a fucking shame.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are any of the ports of this series on PC good? I've only heard nightmare tales that just don't stop.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
Man, I bought NMH3 on Steam in hopes of playing it on my Steam Deck, but FMV's don't work on the platform. Too bad...

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
I was going to buy on PS5 but heard its really a basic port job. So stick with the switch ver. then?

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
For NMH3. When there's an FMV it gets a black screen instead. Plenty of other games have had videos work fine.

Haven't tried the new patch yet. I'll just google if it fixes the issue, not willing to clear up the space and check myself.
I've got room on my deck, I'll give it a shot.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
video plays on my end. Some games like Persona 4 Ultimax does weird thing, the game play all FMV video in a seperate window, so if you are getting black screen you might ahve to alt+tab to a different window.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on the Steam forum mentioned changing vsynch settings to fix the black video issue.

For what it'd worth I didn't notice anything worse after the patch, but some of the stuff that twitter account mentions is stuff you wouldn't notice unless you knew what to look for.

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

No More Heroes 3 - No More Heroes 3 Ver. 1.10 Patch Notes - Steam News

We have released a new update for No More Heroes 3 that applies the following changes: - Rendering quality in cutscenes and open world maps has been improved to be equivalent to the latest Microsoft Store version of No More Heroes 3. This includes improved textures, sharper backgrounds, and draw...

...Wait, there was a Windows Store version? And it wasn't a port of the Switch version? Since when?

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
The old version has been restored for those who prefer it, as a Steam "beta" branch. So Steam users now have both the "old gen" port, and the "current gen" port.
store.steampowered.com

No More Heroes 3 - No More Heroes 3 Ver. 1.10 Patch Notes - Steam News

We have released a new update for No More Heroes 3 that applies the following changes: - Rendering quality in cutscenes and open world maps has been improved to be equivalent to the latest Microsoft Store version of No More Heroes 3. This includes improved textures, sharper backgrounds, and draw...

...Wait, there was a Windows Store version? And it wasn't a port of the Switch version? Since when?
Yes. Somehow, they ended up contracting two separate companies to develop two separate PC ports 💀

The Windows Store version is a PC version of the "next-gen" version, since the beginning. The Steam version used to be a PC version of the "old-gen" version. Now the Steam version is equivalent to the Windows Store version.

So basically Xseed paid for two PC ports and then proceeded to replace one of them with the other one lmao

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
www.nexusmods.com

Muteki HD Textures for NMH III v1.0.0

This is a mod using the Muteki-made textures from V1.10.0 of the Steam version, PS5, and Microsoft Store and importing them into the vastly superior 1.0.0 version of NMH III, the Bee Tribe ported vers

HD texture mod for the original version of the game. I think with this and some config tweaks, the original version is graphically comparable to the next-gen port?

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
The old version has been restored for those who prefer it, as a Steam "beta" branch. So Steam users now have both the "old gen" port, and the "current gen" port.

Yes. Somehow, they ended up contracting two separate companies to develop two separate PC ports 💀

The Windows Store version is a PC version of the "next-gen" version, since the beginning. The Steam version used to be a PC version of the "old-gen" version. Now the Steam version is equivalent to the Windows Store version.

So basically Xseed paid for two PC ports and then proceeded to replace one of them with the other one lmao

WTF is going on with XSeed and Suda51 games? It's unbelievable to think that NMH1 and NMH2 still have online only DRM at this day and age, along with other bugs, and now they've pulled this move with NMH3. Honestly I can't wrap my mind around their decisions.