• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E9dpBvTVoAQMYvG

Many channels have been able to play the first few hours of NMH3 and posted gameplay videos with their impressions. This is mostly non-spoiler content as it comes from chapter 1 and 3, and Grasshopper has largely removed the spoiler content, but watch out if you're on a media blackout.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Another one here. I'm so glad the only issue I have, framerate on the open world being bad, is actually pretty decent. Can't wait for Friday.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm skimming the videos since I really don't want to spoil myself too much only four days off, but god damn the overworld actually looks like it performs pretty decent. They put in some real hard work between all the previous footage. It's not perfect but "Deadly Premonition 2 all over again" takes aged like milk lol.

Full fucking hype for Friday.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they massively improved the performance for the open world parts. It still chugs a little bit but it won't be much of a bother now.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so hyped for this. Watched a little and decided I want to go in clean. No more for me.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The Easy Allies streamer is very positive so far. Says performance is very solid and that people are not ready for how insane this game is, even fans will be surprised
However it is so referential to past NMH games that he strongly recommends playing the previous games, including Travis Strikes Again

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The Easy Allies streamer is very positive so far. Says performance is very solid and that people are not ready for how insane this game is, even fans will be surprised
However it is so referential to past NMH games that he strongly recommends playing the previous games, including Travis Strikes Again

Suda kept saying that all 3 games were needed, so it's not surprising.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man i wanna watch them...but so close to release...gotta stay strong.
Glad to see the positive impressions though. This game gonna be a ride.

Edit.

Im weak, started the GVG 45min video....man this game is freakin smooth.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Just finished my replay of the whole saga, and yeah I figured that especially Travis Strikes Again would be really needed to fully understand NMH3. It opens many plots and teases a lot NMH3.
Damon is introduced in it, the aliens and superheroes are also introduced, Dan Smith said he wouldn't kill Bad Man if he kills Travis, which he obviously didn't do since they teamed up to revive Bad Girl... Kamui is a very important part of TSA and I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in NMH3, etc...

I definitely recommend to folks who have played NMH 1&2 but skipped TSA to go play it if they can before playing NMH3 ! (And its DLC, it's not the most important part of the game at all, but it's where NMH3 was directly heavily teased)
Gameplay becomes a bit repetitive near the end, but the writting and presentation is top notch, and features a shit ton of cameos from other Suda51's games.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
I'm glad hearing over world performs better but I had bought it already and was gonna as I am not affected as dramatically as some people say they do with low framerate.
Hope the game sells, my only worry is that this bombs a la Neo TWEWY

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I can't wait for this. The first game in particular has such a unique vibe. I heard Travis' opening monologue for NMH3 and thought yep, I want in.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That title screen is pure SOUL, can't believe we're finally here

Aug 15, 2020
Pop in still seems pretty rough in the overworld. I think some smart culling of duplicate items like fire hydrants could really help.

Pakooly

Jun 25, 2020
Man, it looks so good. I think I'm gonna buy it and play the first two games and Travis Strikes Again once I finish it.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
This is the first footage I've allowed myself to see since E3. Shaped up pretty fucking nicely, yeah?

Cugel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 7, 2017
I watched the Good Vibes Gaming 45 min new gameplay video. It's all I wanted about the game and some more. So full of redden es to movies, music, other games, and Suda insanity

Aug 15, 2020
I'm glad hearing over world performs better but I had bought it already and was gonna as I am not affected as dramatically as some people say they do with low framerate.
Seems to be doing very well on Amazon. Went out of stock a few times and is currently #8 in Switch games. Been steadily rising throughout the month.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Been waiting for this week forever, can't wait. Given what we have heard about TSA being important to the story will have I find a video break down or something because that game was one of the dullest games I ever bought and couldn't bring myself to finish it despite nmh 1&2 being two of my favorite all time games

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

The difference is that Grasshopper and Suda are fully prepared for anything they put out to bomb spectacularly and have already written jokes about it into the game whereas SE will outright refuse to market a game and then be shocked when it doesn't sell 15 million copies

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, this releases this week?!

I need to play my copy of travis strikes again inmediately

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The difference is that Grasshopper and Suda are fully prepared for anything they put out to bomb spectacularly and have already written jokes about it into the game whereas SE will outright refuse to market a game and then be shocked when it doesn't sell 15 million copies
I am pretty sure that bomb is the expected result from them. That's why nono of their games have huge budgets.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I've just watched a bit of the GVG video, the overworld part just to see how it runs. I don't want to spoil myself anymore. This game is going to be the shit

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
The overworld definitely exhibits some technical issues, but nothing that approaches the realm of being unplayable.
seemed like a slightly better version of the NMH1 over world, which is more than good enough for me

especially not getting stopped by cars

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
The game looks great, but I've seen a lot of people saying you need to play the first three games to understand anything of what's going on.. Like I think this game looks good, but my eyes can't handle the look of the first game anymore, or the second. So maybe I'll just jump in blind, or hope some kind of video retrospective can fill in the details, cause I ain't playin those other ones.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oh wow the overworld stability went through a pretty noticeable change, glad they were able to optimize it more because the last I saw of it it was nearly unbearable. This looks "fine" in that I won't be bothered when paying. Now to finish 2 that I've been putting off lol

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The game looks great, but I've seen a lot of people saying you need to play the first three games to understand anything of what's going on.. Like I think this game looks good, but my eyes can't handle the look of the first game anymore, or the second. So maybe I'll just jump in blind, or hope some kind of video retrospective can fill in the details, cause I ain't playin those other ones.
I think with games like these, if you dig the style enough, it shouldn't stop you from jumping headfirst into the game. I know of some people who jumped in with TSA as their first despite the game having so many nods to 20 years worth of Grasshopper games, and they still enjoyed it. Hell look at me; my first Metal Gear Solid game was MGS4 - I still beat that game from start to finish and enjoyed it well enough (of course I eventually went back and played the old ones which then made me view 4 in a new light, in both good and bad ways).

I suspect a lot of numerous plot points might go over people's heads but at the end of the day this is a game about a hitman battling a kaleidoscopic array of aliens to cement himself as number one, and I get the impression it'll certainly deliver on that end in how zany and crazy it'll get.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
God, the videos make it all look wayyyyyy smoother than I expected to be. I guess expecting absolute zero performance was a good standard to have lol

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I think with games like these, if you dig the style enough, it shouldn't stop you from jumping headfirst into the game. I know of some people who jumped in with TSA as their first despite the game having so many nods to 20 years worth of Grasshopper games, and they still enjoyed it. Hell look at me; my first Metal Gear Solid game was MGS4 - I still beat that game from start to finish and enjoyed it well enough (of course I eventually went back and played the old ones which then made me view 4 in a new light, in both good and bad ways).

I suspect a lot of numerous plot points might go over people's heads but at the end of the day this is a game about a hitman battling a kaleidoscopic array of aliens to cement himself as number one, and I get the impression it'll certainly deliver on that end in how zany and crazy it'll get.

Yeah, this game seems enjoyable enough on its own right.

I won't be there at launch but I'll be playing it sometime afterwards. And some time after that I'll try to play the first NMH.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
I still need to get around to playing Travis Strikes again. I've beaten Killer7 and Shadows of the Damned. Aside from the Silver Case games, are there any other games I should get through before starting TSA, in order to get the most out of it?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I still need to get around to playing Travis Strikes again. I've beaten Killer7 and Shadows of the Damned. Aside from the Silver Case games, are there any other games I should get through before starting TSA, in order to get the most out of it?

In terms of obvious references both Silver Case games are the main ones. Then the other two you've played basically cover the rest.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, performance in the open world is decent now, good to see... but ouch, it still looks rough graphics wise : many shadows missing, brutal pop-in, etc.

Besides that, it's looking to be fun ans it's the most important in a game so I'll forgive some flaws.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Bomb means selling much less than the expected result. Not preforming in line with expectations, too many on ERA don't know the difference lol.
As I was writing it I thought to myself that it was being used wrongly, but what I meant to say is that they are always expecting very low sales and bombs would not really surprise them, because low expectations can still not be met and if there is a studio that "unlucky" is GM.

Once again, low budgets/tiny teams give them the possibility of having bombs or incredibly low sales expectations barely being met.

But that's part of the philosophy of the studio, none of their ideas are looking to appeals millions, more like what they want to make and if you connect with their styles and ideas.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Want to check out these previews so bad, but I just can't bring myself to spoil the experience. This weekend is gonna be amazing.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
Finally playing rushing through Travis Strikes Again. I'm very excited for this.

I hope you're all ready for the Garden of Madness. It's kill or be killed.

Mar 11, 2020
God has Neo TWEWY done that bad? I was hesitant on the combat for it when first shown but damn once i actually played it it felt so good. Hubby watched me play the whole way through and it was a fantastic game.

Also i just want to mention here. The end credits for it WERE THE BOMB. They put a lot of work in those end credits too.