• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a dumb question but I only started playing PC games when SteamDeck came out so what exactly does early access mean?

You have access to the game in its current state, you have to be aware that it lacks features and will have bugs. You pretty much are beta testing the game before they feel confident enough to launch version 1.0 and leave the "Early Access" state.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Looks amazing but bummed about the EA launch... We'll see if its worth getting this week or not

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I wonder if this game will have any metroidvania aspects to it or puzzles or if it's just straight hack n slash the whole way.

Oct 28, 2017
You have access to the game in its current state, you have to be aware that it lacks features and will have bugs. You pretty much are beta testing the game before they feel confident enough to launch version 1.0 and leave the "Early Access" state.

So basically just a better public beta but not quite a full release.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to early access impressions, they have a lot to live up to with Ori but everything they've shown so far looks incredible.

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
So basically just a better public beta but not quite a full release.

You do basically accompany the development and extension of this game and witness how it gets bigger, better, gets more features, gets stuff cut that didn't work well completely but you had the opportunity to use it for a short time, see it grow and change over time.
And sometimes that gets you much more invested into the game than in any other way.

But also, early access release most of the time cost you half or less of what the final game will cost when they release 1.0. So it's also cheaper to just buy it early even if you want to wait with playing.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Work environment and higher ups seem to be genuinely awful so I'll be skipping. Looks pretty though.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As a fan of stylized 2D animation, it's not often 3D game animation impresses me. But man, a lot of these animations are amazing.

MANTRA

Feb 21, 2024
My excitement levels for this game are so high I am making a conscious effort to not buy it in EA and wait for full release.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea how much the Early Access will cost?

GJoOKapakAA8HDz

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I think I'll probably buy this day one, but I might wait because I'm about to buy a new PC and I want to see this in its full glory, not on low settings on my laptop.

But this is basically doing everything for me, it just depends on how the combat system works

penny toast

Feb 20, 2024
Beyond excited for this one.

Just need there to be a perfect-block system like Lies of P / Sekiro so the combat isn't constrained to a single, boring defensive option.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Ori is one of the best platformers of last gen. If this game has the same level of polish, then Moon Studios has my money.

kakteen

Apr 9, 2024
So this is an action rpg, that is like diablo but more gameplay like souls games? EA is also pc exclusive right? Did they say what multiplayer is? pvp, pve both?

never played diablo, so that's why I am asking.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
So this is an action rpg, that is like diablo but more gameplay like souls games? EA is also pc exclusive right? Did they say what multiplayer is? pvp, pve both?

Co op will be 4 players, pvp looks like arena combat don't think there will be invading etc. But important to not the online stuff won't be in the game till the first update and we don't know exactly when that is yet.

kakteen

Apr 9, 2024
Co op will be 4 players, pvp looks like arena combat don't think there will be invading etc. But important to not the online stuff won't be in the game till the first update and we don't know exactly when that is yet.
okay thanks, I just wasn't sure if this is something like diablo and the season based ranking system or whatever they have

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
lighting is amazing what in the actual hell

but I guess Ori games were already up there

hope they keep those artists, they worth some gold

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
okay thanks, I just wasn't sure if this is something like diablo and the season based ranking system or whatever they have
Nah. No seasons have been mentioned but the world does change around. Enemies and loot spawns change over time in areas and there is an endgame dungeon you replay for challenge and loot.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

The game is essentially Souls gameplay and level design mixed with Diablo loot. The world is completely handcrafted, combat is tactile and animation driven, and the loot is randomized with different rarity tiers and slots for affixes.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Looking forward to impressions, I like the idea of an ARPG with deeper combat than the usual

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
does anyone remember testing what I assume was the first iteration of this? Must have been on the old site at this point. If I recall the point was that ARPGs had been remaking diablo 2 for decades and it was supposed to be a true advancement of the genre. If this is what that test turned into I'm at least curious to see if there are any interesting ideas in it.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Yo wait, I've never played anything in early access. How does it work? Pay now and play right away, and you're grandfathered in as the game gets updated all the way to 1.0?

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Yo wait, I've never played anything in early access. How does it work? Pay now and play right away, and you're grandfathered in as the game gets updated all the way to 1.0?

Yup. If there's a Steam page, there's always an early access FAQ about what's in the current build, what they have planned during EA, when they plan on launching 1.0, and if they plan on changing the price during or after WA.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
I didn't know it was an early access launch. Thought the full game was coming out

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I'm curious about the long term plans for the game. Are we looking at a PoE/D4 competitor, or more of a linear experience with a defined end?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know roughly about how much content is available at early access launch? Number of areas, average time to beat etc? I got no problem with early access as long as there's enough to mess around with day one.

Does the artstyle remind anyone else of Trine?

For sure! With a lot better animation and effects going on.