• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know how long is the game in this EA?

Don't think they've mentioned this.

Some people described the battles as "floaty", I would not agree to that. I would describe the fighting system as really "heavy" and "meaty".

Yeah this game doesn't feel floaty at all, at least with the weapons I've used so far (regular sword and claymore). Dont know exactly what people meant by floaty, but when I see that term I think of something like Kingdom Hearts, where there isn't much sense of weight in your attacks/actions and you are just zipping around from target to target.

Heavy and meaty describe the combat perfectly.

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
I bought a crafting recipe for an Axe, and learned it, how and where can I actually craft it now?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is irritating, was about to boot the game up for the first time through Geforce Now on my Shield Pro and the game doesn't show up on there, find out this might be intentional and a publisher can choose to block their game from being included on the GFN TV app? Never seen this before with a game on GFN till now. Hope that changes soon. Thread here with others complaining:

forum.norestforthewicked.com

Geforce Now availability on TV Apps

I’m hoping it will be added as well,. I can obviously play with GFN on laptop or phone and connect them to TV but this adds needless hurdle wile the GFN TV app works great with other games.

Yes, No Rest for the Wicked not showing on Nvidia Shield :

NVIDIA staff confirmed to us, that this is intentional, but didn't provide the reason (which would be either technical or bureaucratic, likely the latter meaning the game's publisher didn't agree to have it on TV apps).

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Ughh! I was resigned to leaving this be but I'm really not strict when nit comes to framerates and little glitches so maybe it will work for me
One thing you may want to consider is that they have some systems in place that keep the game quite responsive at even lower frame rates. I don't know the tech details, but essentially it sounds like game logic is handled in a separate engine or container than the graphical display. I've been playing it on Steam Deck sometimes and its kinda cool how responsive it feels even when it drops into the 20s on occasion. You still gotta deal with the frame rate stutter visually though lol

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried claiming the armor set for purchasing during Early Access? I bought the game through Cohh Carnage's referral link, and when I talk to the NPC who should give me the set, it opens up the Twitch window to link it with the Private Division account. I do it, but I don't receive anything or see anything pop up.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried claiming the armor set for purchasing during Early Access? I bought the game through Cohh Carnage's referral link, and when I talk to the NPC who should give me the set, it opens up the Twitch window to link it with the Private Division account. I do it, but I don't receive anything or see anything pop up.
What armor set? I didn't even know..

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
I've played the first couple of hours (first boss) and I really like it.

Thinks I like
- Character design and art design is gorgeous, and all about graphics and art in this game is really well done.
- Level design is really good and exploration is rewarding.
- Combat is good (but I've some complains), is rewarding and I had the feeling to be in control and when I get hit I deserved that hit. Altough I didn't love fights when more than one unit is involved, but that is a problem in souls like IMO)
- Story seems fine and I enjoyed dialogue and cut scenes, characters seems to have personality and all on this game shines personality.
- Enemies don't respawn, I love this because it encourages exploration and enemies can be balanced being harder but once you beat them you don't have to beat them again.
- The bar to use spells is good, it fills in a normal speed (I don't like how slow in Lies of P the thing to use spells fills). And Spells itselfs seems cool

Thinks I didn't like
- Stamina, but it seems this has been improve in latest patch, have to check it out.
- Walk speed is too slow and I don't like having to press A (X) to run
- Interactuable objects are easy to miss.
- Loot so far has been not interesting but it seems this would get better

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017

Is it supposed to be the same guy who gives you the Twitch reward items?

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
There are two things, quite hand in hand, that I'm not liking now that I've reached the end of the EA content (I still have the current mission to get through).

One is that there seems to be no way to redistribute skill points at all. Moon have always urged new characters but I'd like to be able to try many weapons I've been saving that require sky-high amounts of one or more stats (I have one that requires 22 strength - 22 intelligence, for example). Also, I have the feeling of the classic build not really specializing in anything.

And on the other hand, of the weapons I've tried, the standard sword feels the best by far. The rest either feel tremendously slow and heavy to me or don't give me the feeling of the sword's impact. I still have types to try, obviously, but this is where I am right now in terms of weapons.

What armor set? I didn't even know..

Last question of the FAQ: https://store.privatedivision.com/game/no-rest-for-the-wicked#faq

At least is a 21 level armor and not some game-breaking OP thing that you get early on. I kinda like this approach to this bonuses.

Oct 28, 2017
One thing you may want to consider is that they have some systems in place that keep the game quite responsive at even lower frame rates. I don't know the tech details, but essentially it sounds like game logic is handled in a separate engine or container than the graphical display. I've been playing it on Steam Deck sometimes and its kinda cool how responsive it feels even when it drops into the 20s on occasion. You still gotta deal with the frame rate stutter visually though lol

...and that's a purchase!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Just spent a couple hours with it and got to the first boss, quick impressions:

-Game is beyond gorgeous, all the rain particles and everything blowing in the wind looks amazing and super atmospheric, the dark fantasy vibes are so well realize from an art pov alone.
-I love the weight of the combat and feels like your character is really grounded in the world, was not expecting a Rockstar like sense of character weight and animation.
-Exploration and opening shortcuts is classic Souls, was skeptical they'd pull this off in an isometric perspective but the environment layout and positioning of structures makes it work and not feel too cramped.
-Speaking of the isometric view the curved world presentation is kind of genius, makes for better immersion in a game like this being able to see further ahead. Would love to see more iso games adopt this.
-Combat isn't giving me too much trouble, the weight of things feels just right and as such didn't take long to figure out the momentum and figuring out enemy attack patterns.
-Readability of regular enemies hasn't been an issue on my lg monitor but that boss fight is definitely more to keep track of but not sure if that's due to all the particle and movement of foliage going on top of the boss' movement. Lots of visual information to take in!

Overall really pleased with what I've seen so far, can't wait to see this evolve more over the course of early access.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Wish they would let us equip weapons even if we don't have the necessary stats, so we could check the their moveset at least, similar to Elden Ring.

So much inventory management this early in the game is also really annoying, there's no reason for it to be this limited.

No respec option (going by the comments) is also baffling. Combat is already starting to feel repetitive after only a few hours.

Yurei

Feb 28, 2023
Gonna be hard but I'm going to wait for 1.0

It looks beautiful and I like how weighty combat feels. But the durability system and loot system is concerning,. I hope they dont make it too hard to go for specific builds.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So far I'm armour/health stacking and just going for parries at max weight with a greatsword, ignoring dodge and obviously block. All stats into Health+Str and just enough carry weight to not be at 100% encumbered, so far its going well but we'll see how long it lasts...

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
What's the general consensus been so far in regards to difficulty, are we looking at this as being as tough as the Souls games? I hope not.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Guess I'll try this out.

Aside from some frequent drops can a 4090 maintain 60 fps steadily? if so, I'll just lock it at that for now.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Just played for about 45 mins. Love it so far. Exploration and secrets without the hand holding. Beautiful game and the hdr looks great. The colors pop.

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
I hope they don't nerf the enemies too much, they are way too easy as of now, making them even easier would ruin the experience

Sangral