• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
I feel like phones camera designers are just having a field day with these companies willingness to just throw more money on phone cameras.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Some sample photos: https://www.gsmarena.com/feast_your_eyes_on_these_nokia_9_pureview_camera_samples-news-35690.php

Looking pretty good!

gsmarena_011.jpg

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
If that's too much money for a phone, they've also announced a bunch of other phones, including one for only 30 euros.

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
It has an outdated 845 chip. Should have gone for 855 or something midtier like 6xx.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
find out which of your friends have trypophobia when you try to take a group photo

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I wonder of having a phone a few mm thicker, with one lens, isn't better than having multiple cameras...

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a camera like this? It had like 6-8 lenses.

Edit: found it

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
Eeeehhhhh still no Xenon flash. =/ Might as well refresh the Lumia 1020 with updated specs and better OS. -_-

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has an outdated 845 chip. Should have gone for 855 or something midtier like 6xx.

"Outdated" in a world where 95% of people couldn't tell the difference between 845 and 855 unless they run a benchmark and look at numbers.

Most people use their phones for pictures, social media and to play some daft low-power required mobile touch games.

The good thing about Nokia phones is Android One and they tend to come in reasonably priced.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Result looks pretty good but one of the video previews said it takes like 10 seconds to view the result after taking the photo. Hopefully they have a normal mode that only uses a single camera for times when you don't need all that detail.

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
Thats actually pretty good for an out-of-focus shot... little noise and good dynamic range.. no CAs. Not saying I think this phone or the camera is awesome but you are cherry picking a bad photo.
I'm just worried that the multiple cameras binding will result with some problems, and I'm also worried about the optical stabilization having to deal with 5 lens. Also, the sun seems to be very blown out, and the only photo that featured a little bit of direct sunlight on a non-sunlight lit scene lost the detail completely in that area. So I'll think id want to wait for reviews before buying.

The light camera didn't exactly set the world on fire with its reviews and I mentally view this phone as a successor to that:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/4/10/17218758/light-l16-review-camera-photos

Last edited:

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

These are damn hot! Looking good!

I wouldn't call this detail:
6Ra8fvk.jpg

This not so much. That said, for something out of focus, it is indeed somewhat detailed. It's far from pristine, but you can still make many individual (and small) features.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't mind the multiple camera set up but i prefer when companies use it for multiple focal lengths. 14, 28, 56 gives a nice range of options and makes for a versatile pocket shooter.

That said i'll buy the first decent phone that goes back to including a 1 inch sensor like panasonic did with the CM1.

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
I'm all for phones inching closer to having good quality, but the size of the sensors coupled with the physical and ecnonomic constraints of having cheap and tiny glass for the lenses on phones makes this dubious.

Mostly, the "sample" shots are a joke considering the intense amount of editing they were clearly subjected to. Only shots that will matter are SOOC shots.

Regardless, sharpness and detail aren't that impressive in the first photo when you examine specific elements (such as the feathers on the goose or the bridge in the background).

There's a reason some lenses cost more than whole flagship smartphones.

It also worries me how much power these arrangements will likely suck out of the battery.