• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Are they gonna change all the enemy colors again?

I am very conflicted. Not sure if want
My guess is it'll be priced similarly to the Royal Edition upgrade for FFXV

I doubt we'll get a new world, though I could see them expanding Twilight Town. They should.

Outside of that, new cutscenes, an even more secret ending, Critical Mode, and a coliseum/battle arena will probably be what we get.

I doubt we get a colisseum. We'll likely get Super Battle Gates

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Depends on your definition of hardcore.

Imo the true hardcore can wait a bit longer to experience the best version of the game. We waited so long anyway

Dude just please stop, "the true hardcore"? We didn't even know if DLC would be coming. Someone like me who has played the series all the way through multiple times and have a strong emotional attachment to the series isn't a hardcore fan? Hell I even spent hundreds of dollars on the orchestra tickets.

Just becasue the game doesn't have critical mode doesn't make it a trash game. I've never even played KH games on critical before. Doesn't mean I'm a fake fan.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt we get a colisseum. We'll likely get Super Battle Gates

Yeah that's probably more likely, but I feel there's enough empty space near the Olympus gates that you could have a couple characters standing around there like they did in KH2

Just felt super bizarre to me that they kept all the music from previous coliseums and brought back the Herc world but didn't do a coliseum again

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Square-Enix was really quick on changing their mind from "there won't be big dlcs" and "there will be big paid DLC".

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just in time to make the experience fresh again
Depends on your definition of hardcore.

Imo the true hardcore can wait a bit longer to experience the best version of the game. We waited so long anyway
true, everyone of you who already played are cazualz. We hardcorez wait for dem difficulties

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The true hardcore fan purchases a japanese copy of the game they already bought because the true final mix experience includes not having a western release.

The Hardcore Way.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually be ok with them recoloring the enemies again, I felt like most of them didn't pop out as much with the new art style.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I

In what form? What is wrong with that game? Is it the critical mode missing or you mean something else?
Difficulty is the biggest issue + all the inveitable DLC that's missing
Dude just please stop, "the true hardcore"? We didn't even know if DLC would be coming. Someone like me who has played the series all the way through multiple times and have a strong emotional attachment to the series isn't a hardcore fan? Hell I even spent hundreds of dollars on the orchestra tickets.

Just becasue the game doesn't have critical mode doesn't make it a trash game. I've never even played KH games on critical before. Doesn't mean I'm a fake fan.

Again, I have a different defintion of hardcore. I respect every KH fan but I'm talking about a special group of hardcore fans that doesn't want to play KH III in this fake/incomplete form.

I could never enjoy a game with such a low difficulty, releasing the game in such a condition is an insult to the fanbase imo.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Good to hear that they didn't want to just shit out any old Critical Mode and are taking time to tweak it accordingly.

In the case of KH2, maybe. All others added at most boss or two and 1-2 new keyblades.
I do want the kind of upgrade KH2 got, I just thought they were further along with it is all.
Birth by Sleep Final Mix added three new optional bosses, a new keyblade, a bunch of unversed missions, a new command style and a whole ass new playable area.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least Nomura understands the best DLC are expansions.

Here's to hoping Twilight Town opens up, we get an arena gauntlet, and some secret boss fights like Sephiroth. (I still cant believe there arent any prominent Final Fantasy characters in the game)...

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah that's probably more likely, but I feel there's enough empty space near the Olympus gates that you could have a couple characters standing around there like they did in KH2

Just felt super bizarre to me that they kept all the music from previous coliseums and brought back the Herc world but didn't do a coliseum again

I would really want the collosium to be in Monsters Inc.
Difficulty is the biggest issue + all the inveitable DLC that's missing

Again, I have a different defintion of hardcore. I respect every KH fan but I'm talking about a special group of hardcore fans that doesn't want to play KH III in this fake/incomplete form.

I could never enjoy a game with such a low difficulty, releasing the game in such a condition is an insult to the fanbase imo.

Bro it's not a fake form. It's the finished form of the game. Nobody except you is insulted that it's on the easier side. Kingdom Hearts 2 didn't include critical at launch but was that a fake game?

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad they didn't rush a really bad critical mode to be in the game day 1. Nothing is worse then a lazy "you take 2x damage and deal 1/2 damage lol"
That still sounds better than the joke that Proud is.

You can hardly call it a game. No challenge at all, it's pathetic.

Wouldn't want to experience KH III in this trash form. Hardcore KH fans will wait untill the final mix version to experience the true game.
I can't imagine how much final mix will have to change to fix this mess. Like, even if combat is salvaged, story and world selection probably will remain the same, so why even bother ?

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I would really want the collosium to be in Monsters Inc.

Bro it's not a fake form. It's the finished form of the game. Nobody except you is insulted that it's on the easier side. Kingdom Hearts 2 didn't include critical at launch but was that a fake game?
At the time I didn't know KH2 was getting a final mix version. I know better now.

Again, no problem with you guys having fun with the game.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

I can't imagine how much final mix will have to change to fix this mess. Like, even if combat is salvaged, story and world selection probably will remain the same, so why even bother ?

"Even if II gets a final mix that fixes the combat and adds Dodge Roll we'll still have Atlantica, linear rooms for worlds, reaction commands and a story where Riku gets healed via explosion to the face and the most convenient Deus ex Machina ending ever. Why even bother?"

That's you in 2006.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Christ, the hot takes in this thread. Yeah, the game's too easy, and the Frozen world sucks, but it's not a bad game. It's like people in the thread never played Dream Drop Distance to know what a bad Kingdom Hearts is actually like.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
This sounds good to me and I'm glad that this is the model Square-Enix has finally adopted with this generation. WoFF, Final Fantasy XV both got decent upgrade DLCs so this should be in line with that.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I am hoping the critical mode is more like the KH II: FM ciritical mode and less like the KH: BBS Critical mode.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Too many people forget how shitty KH2 Vanilla was.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Even if II gets a final mix that fixes the combat and adds Dodge Roll we'll still have Atlantica, linear rooms for worlds, reaction commands and a story where Riku gets healed via explosion to the face and the most convenient Deus ex Machina ending ever. Why even bother?"

That's you in 2006.
Hahaha, true :D

Christ, the hot takes in this thread. Yeah, the game's too easy, and the Frozen world sucks, but it's not a bad game. It's like people in the thread never played Dream Drop Distance to know what a bad Kingdom Hearts is actually like.
If you enjoyed it, all the power to you!

illusive man

Alt account
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
I haven't started my original play-through with the other games yet. Guess i don't have to rush through them.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. Proud in KH3 is a joke.

Patching that to be Proud Mode in more than just name only would be nice.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
But I'm not a hardcore fan becasue I'm not playing on critical in this fake game?
Well for some you're a hardcore fan for others you aren't.

To me you're a big fan of KH but I don't know if I would call you hardcore though. I think the true hardcore has no problem waiting a bit longer to experience the full version of the game.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew as soon as I finished the game that stuff like...

Actually being able to play as Roxas/Ventus/anyone else was gonna be DLC'd. It made no sense to have all of these playable characters from the series in there and not have you play as them at all... even when that Aqua/Vanitas fight pretty much preps the player for using characters other than Sora in battle.

I do kinda hope that there's a survival mode included based on the...

Keyblade graveyard battle against the Heartless army. Could be fun to have an endless version of that where various modifiers (No attractions/team attacks/magic etc) get applied.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I never expected Critical Mode to be confirmed this quickly. It is so goddamned good to hear they're not just tweaking damage values and calling it a day. Can't believe that the thing I'm most hype for in 2019 is an extra difficulty setting but here I am lol.

Also I don't have the biggest hopes for the DLC but can we get something not Sora focused? More Riku sections and more sections with the other party members available would be more than enough for me (though I'd love something really crazy like playable Kairi or something)

What don't you love this?
304px-Guard_Armor_KHFM.png

WTF were they thinking?

Wait this wasn't the original color scheme for that boss? ...Man, I knew something felt off about this boss when I replayed KH1.5 last year.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never expected Critical Mode to be confirmed this quickly. It is so goddamned good to hear they're not just tweaking damage values and calling it a day. Can't believe that the thing I'm most hype for in 2019 is an extra difficulty setting but here I am lol.

Also I don't have the biggest hopes for the DLC but can we get something not Sora focused? More Riku sections and more sections with the other party members available would be more than enough for me (though I'd love something really crazy like playable Kairi or something)

Wait this wasn't the original color scheme for that boss? ...Man, I knew something felt off about this boss when I replayed KH1.5 last year.
Yeah the Final Mix versions(which is what the HD collections used) recolored the enemies.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

To me you're a big fan of KH but I don't know if I would call you hardcore though. I think the true hardcore has no problem waiting a bit longer to experience the full version of the game.

So everyone in the KH OT here isn't a hardcore fan becasue they didn't wait for a version we had no idea that would actually be coming? To me a hardcore fan would be someone who plays every game regardless of the quality/difficulty as soon as they can.

A hardcore fan plays both versions of the game. Not just one.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017

This "true hardcore fans" thing you're pushing is really lame. It's fine that you care so much about a harder difficulty and the extras in the Final Mix, but putting yourself on some pedestal looking down on others for enjoying the game as it is...kind of embarrassing to be honest.

Anyways, happy to hear about critical mode coming. Wish you could change the difficulty mid game, but I wonder if that has to do with how the secret ending is handled on each mode.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Birth by Sleep Final Mix added three new optional bosses, a new keyblade, a bunch of unversed missions, a new command style and a whole ass new playable area.

I admit I completely forgot about the additional Aqua episode. That was cool.
Not sure a couple of horribly balanced bosses and the rest qualifies as a fuckton of content though.