• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most important noodle question of all time

• Pho

Votes: 72 20.9%
  • Ramen

Votes: 272 79.1%

• Total voters

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
and no, not those $1 top ramen.

You have $10-15 and it's cold out.

WHERE DO YOU GO FOR HOT NOODLE SOUP?

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
The rich broth, the tender chashu, the perfectly runny boiled egg.

I love pho, don't get me wrong, but nothing compares to a hot bowl of ramen, especially when it's cold outside.

I do have a Christmas tradition with Pho however. A Jinya Ramen bar recently opened in my shitty devoid of culture town, so I've been hitting them up regularly.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Neither. I love both. Pho is lighter, and good when it's warmer out. Ramen is heartier and good for cooler weather.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I guess it depends on where you live but to me, a great ramen place beats out a great Pho place.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Ramen.

you ever try ichiran ramen from japan? there's instant noodle versions but the real deal is the branch off ones in NY.
possibly the best ramen I've had so far in my life.

I miss it lol

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Pho!

I got put on to it in Hawaii, and damn, I had it like once a week!!
Ramen always, even the good ones, feels like fast food to me. Pho is a culinary experience

signal

Oct 28, 2017
im posting every noodle soup i have in google photos. get blogged on.

1kQSv6A.jpg

MtlGEiB.jpg

lnjZNlL.jpg

0amMNy6.jpg

koQZgWy.jpg

yRq2VqO.jpg

M2kDDef.jpg

tszbG98.jpg

ckjMksh.jpg

MlzFE9t.jpg

YxQcL7q.jpg

BNZeonC.jpg

JEDyk5r.jpg

xZ9gcGu.jpg

ZNQNPoM.jpg

Nov 9, 2017
Can't eat it all the time due to all of the fat and salt, but a good Ramen place is far superior. Nothing is more savory and satisfying. A good place will always have marinated egg (ajitsuke) and a rich flavorful broth.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Ramen is way better. I had Pho in Vietnam and was really underwhelmed, it's overhyped.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neither. Ramen is one of the few foods I really dislike paying to eat out. It's not worth it to me because I don't look forward to eating it, even though I do enjoy a vegetable ramen if it's given to me.

Nov 9, 2017
If anyone lives in Austin, Ramen Tatsu-Ya is possibly the best Ramen I have ever had. There is usually a huge line though and they refuse to do take-out.

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
Pho is good, but rarely does it actually put me over the threshold of actually wanting to bother with soup. Ramen however does, with its stronger thicker broth, fattiness, and dat egg. It feels like more of a treat to me.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i prefer hakka chow mein - it's a mix of Indian + Chinese cuisine and depending on where you go, it taste's great. Like there was a place near my dad's house back in India, the chefs from from Tibet China and man the chow mien they made there was incredible. I cannot forget the taste, it was so good.

The restaurant was near ISBT in New Delhi, I should look it up on google maps.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I can be in the mood for either, depending on whether I want something lighter, or something richer. But while like I love everything else about pho, the rice noodles really do nothing for me. So I give it to ramen by a hair.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Wow, pho losing by a landslide. You people are terrible. I may just never come back to this site again. You hear me? NEVER!

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
A good ramen tops a good pho. With that, I eat Pho almost every week, and rarely eat restaurant Ramen.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
For noodle soup, ramen by a hilariously wide margin. I do enjoy Vietnamese food in general more though.