• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
They just gave a longer statement on CNN, which was crazy.

Kim saying he wants to focus on economic growth, improving relations and opening up to the world now.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me is beginning to suspect that North Korea's nuclear programme and/or facilities have collapsed and they literally can't perform tests anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
I think they've reached their limit of their capabilities and leverage—which isn't much—and they're trying to sell high, as it were. Which is fine, and a huge opportunity for the world.

Let's hope no one fucks up these very delicate negotiations.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
What if instead of bombing the US, Kim decided that having Trump win re-election was a worse punishment.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Maybe Kim stepped back, said, "Hey, I bet if we make even a half-assed attempt at playing nice, everyone will be content to let Russia be the new global insanity reservoir," and decided that he'd like life better with reduced sanctions for virtually no cost.

thatother

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah there's definitely something going on internally for this to be happening so fast.

Either Kim is losing control and sees this as the only way to hold onto power while not getting violently overthrown or another faction is gaining power that is less war-like.

I'm still not convinced this isn't just a giant ploy, it's just so fucking weird. Worth being cautiously optimistic at this point.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they're trying to work out a deal with the South before Trump can get his useless and inflammatory ass over there and fuck talks up.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
what if we had kim all wrong. what if he is the white wolf, the king of korea?

seriousness, this is more great news

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading that the mountain they used for testing is in danger of caving in and shooting toxic refuse across thousands of miles in the air. That's probably the real reason they've stopped.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
We live in the weirdest fucking timeline.

We got to go back!

bttfii_2.jpg

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Mission Acomplished

The entire point of the tests was legitimazation and scare people to the negotiating table.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that the top brass in North Korea fear and sense a revolution coming. They might believe the only way to sedate the populace is by opening the North Korean economy the same way as China in the 70s.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They said they will stop testing and the sites have served its purposes. Where did they say they will get rid of their nuclear weapons...