SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Everyone here exercises right?

"Being unfit on a treadmill or in an exercise stress test has a worse prognosis, as far as death, than being hypertensive, being diabetic or being a current smoker," Jaber told CNN. "We've never seen something as pronounced as this and as objective as this."

Jaber said researchers must now convey the risks to the general population that "being unfit should be considered as strong of a risk factor as hypertension, diabetes and smoking -- if not stronger than all of them."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/health/study-not-exercising-worse-than-smoking/index.html

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
You bet i work out!

Goal isn't to be a beast or anything but to maintain health mentally and physically. Losing fat and getting more toned and stronger are just the cherry on top.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
someone needs to map our brain and neural pathways and make a pill to simulate exercising.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Me: *doesn't exercise at all*

Cool. Cool cool cool. Guess I'll just die now.

image0.png

Wren Wolfe

Nov 10, 2017
I've been going to the gym an average of 4 days a week for 30-45 minutes every morning before work for the last few months. I hate it.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Well I suppose that's another good benefit to exercising along with keeping my body from having chronic inflammation to suffer through.

Oct 25, 2017
Started reading Basketball: A Love Story and there's stories in there about the 60's celtics smoking during halftime so clearly that supports this study, I guess.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, exercising is dangerous for me. I have a dilated aortic root, and Tarlov cysts in my spinal fluid caused by weight lifting. I never would have known if I hadn't looked into it. I have to be really careful, but I try to exercise.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't exercise at all and I'm perfectly healthy, apart from the obesity and chronic back pain.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Run 3 days a week and do calisthenics 1 or 2 other days, plus daily walks. I have a congenital heart defect so I'm trying to beat the odds as best as I can.
Eh, exercising is dangerous for me. I have a dilated aortic root,
Hey me too! Aerobic exercise isn't dangerous at all according to my cardiologists. I do have weight restrictions, though. Definitely not getting swole any time soon.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
People keep thinking we making shit up when death appears as a skeleton in meida. We didn't make up shit it's totally legit. And the more you work out the more you can beat up that punk when he comes for you. Gave the guy a wedgie last time he tried to come for me. Showed that loser.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I really have to take up running again. I've been thinking about it since I gained a bit of weight, but I should just start doing it. I have an office job so it's needed even more.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Run 3 days a week and do calisthenics 1 or 2 other days, plus daily walks. I have a congenital heart defect so I'm trying to beat the odds as best as I can.

Hey me too! Aerobic exercise isn't dangerous at all according to my cardiologists. I do have weight restrictions, though. Definitely not getting swole any time soon.

Aerobic exercise isn't at all, so it's what I stick to now.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the gym for the first time in years yesterday so I guess I just gotta keep doing that forever

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do a good bit of physical work at my job but I can't stand working out. I used to run a mile after work at my old job and never once experienced the "runners high".

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
My mood and overall wellbeing for the week is markedly affected if I don't exercise that week so this checks out.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Sheeeeit. I bike daily, I wonder how I'd feel if I didn't for a week or two lol

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a gym goer for 15 years and will never stop. I have a newborn baby but still manage to squeeze in 3 days per week. I plan on dying as a ripped 90 year old.