FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Imagine being a multi billionaire but so much of a loser you still fall for alt right rehtoric

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Can we use Notch's rise to fame and fortune then fall to alt reich to understand why some rich people fund Trump & co? Did he have shit opinions before becoming rich?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
yeah, notch already made all the money he's ever gonna make through minecraft

Deleted member 9986

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being a multi billionaire but so much of a loser you still fall for alt right rehtoric
For real. At least the old rich had a sense of pride/arrogance as is typical for their unreasonable wealth accumulation. These pale silicon valley types generally continue their self pity even after becoming one of the richest persons in human history.

That changes things from infuriating to just sad. Ok maybe sad and infuriating.

Some change for the better though such as the founder of ethereum who seems to not be free for all libertarian anymore.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This shouldn't surprise anyone, he has more money than sense and holds some less-than-great world views.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised one bit. In the beginning I though it was kinda cool how a Swedish developer became so crazy successful, then I learned what a total shit bag the guy is.

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the donations for?
Court case.

On the 23rd of April 2018 I was sentenced to an £800 fine after being found guilty of being "grossly offensive" under section 127 of the Offensive Communications Act 2003. Due to me creating a clearly comedic video where I trained my girlfriends pug to be a Nazi.

The only way for the court to secure a conviction was to willingly ignore the clear context of the video, which was explained twice, in the video itself.

This conviction will be used as an example to convict other people over the things they say and the jokes they make, it sets a standard where courts will be able to willfully ignore the context and intent of a persons words and actions in order to punish them and brand them as criminals.

This is the amount that has been quoted by my lawyer, the reason it has been quoted so high is my lawyer wishes to bring in top legal representatives to ensure that we have the highest chance of reversing the standard that this case sets, I cannot allow the 2 years of litigation I went through and having my life put on hold, to happen to anyone else.

I will be 100% transparent with these funds, all bills in regards to the case will be made publicly available.

All remaining funds from this campaign will be donated to a charity.
Source: https://au.gofundme.com/fund-the-count-dankula-appeal

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Notch has always been a weird dude. It's werid dude comes off as very incel/MGTOW like, and yet it's somehow gotten even worse.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I don't think this is that horrible, the case is quite ridiculous. I dislike this Dankula dude from the little that I know of him outside the particular video, but I dislike the sentencing even more.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we use Notch's rise to fame and fortune then fall to alt reich to understand why some rich people fund Trump & co? Did he have shit opinions before becoming rich?
Yes, he just had the sense to keep it hidden while building up minecraft, until he could cash out.
Now he's a miserable, lonely man living amongst celebrities who don't share any interests with him. The only friends he did have, he fucked over and took all of the money for himself. A sad and pathetic man.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Every single time I hear about Notch he's doing another godawful thing.

It isn't even just bigotry. The first time I heard of him outside the context of Minecraft was when he was threatened to blackmail someone to win an argument on the Internet.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is that horrible, the case is quite ridiculous. I dislike this Dancula dude from the little that I know of him outside the particular video, but I dislike the sentencing even more.

It's primarily because Notch donated and the size of the figure. Notch isn't well liked, so Notch does something, therefore, news. What everyone has to remember though is Notch is basically

YdMhU.gif

He has "fuck you" money. $20,000 is like $20 to him, in proportion to the average person who could just about afford to give $20 to someone's gofundme. MS bought Minecraft for like $2 billion.

As for the gofundme itself, like anything in life, you have no control over what other people want to do with their money. Even if you think it's stupid. All I would say in regards to this fund, is before the claws come out, remember your remarks will be used as evidence to further paint Meechan as a martyr if there are waves of "you're just going to run away with the money and I know that because other people did it in the past".

IF 100k+ does go to a court case I'll be interested to see what happens as the 2003 Communication Act does need to be challenged. Whoever challenges it.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So he's got an £800 fine and raised £187k where the rest goes to charity. I know nothing about the man but unless he's giving it a dodgy charity, I don't see the issue?

EDIT: Oh he's taking it to court? Should've read the whole thing..

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yes yes Notch is a cunt we've known this for years now

knowing this doesn't make minecraft any less awesome, reminding everyone will never make him not rich

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder that Notch was just one person on the Minecraft team. A larger role, yes, but he NEEDS to be a cautionary tale for folks like Vavra. It doesn't matter if there are good people on his team. Don't support this shit and get him out so he makes fuck all money.

Nobody expected this of Notch originally. But when folks are open about it, don't support them. Raise hell and get them off the team so good people can get paid.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he just had the sense to keep it hidden while building up minecraft, until he could cash out.
Now he's a miserable, lonely man living amongst celebrities who don't share any interests with him. The only friends he did have, he fucked over and took all of the money for himself. A sad and pathetic man.

I actually don't think that's true. He took MOST of the money himself, yes, but he gave everyone at Mojang what would have been VERY generous bonuses in any other situation. Something like 1 million SEK each, or maybe more.

Doesn't make him not an asshole, but yeah.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Notch is doing this for all the wrong reasons and that Count dude is an utter dick. But that law needs to go, I'm not too fussed with how we get there.

Unless you're enticing violence, the police shouldn't get involved. Bad tasteless jokes should be a matter of public opinion (ie: putting pressure on his employer to fire him), not locking someone up.

Last edited:

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Notch is a dick but this other guy is a proper cunt. He and others of his ilk like Milo are having a free speech rally in London today.

Emerson

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just a reminder that Notch was just one person on the Minecraft team. A larger role, yes, but he NEEDS to be a cautionary tale for folks like Vavra. It doesn't matter if there are good people on his team. Don't support this shit and get him out so he makes fuck all money.

Nobody expected this of Notch originally. But when folks are open about it, don't support them. Raise hell and get them off the team so good people can get paid.

He hasn't been on the team for years.

Squiggely

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So he's got an £800 fine and raised £187k where the rest goes to charity. I know nothing about the man but unless he's giving it a dodgy charity, I don't see the issue?

EDIT: Oh he's taking it to court? Should've read the whole thing..

He has already been convicted, the fund is for his appeal.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This guy just made his dog do nazi shit to fuck with his girlfriend. As far as anyone knows, he's not alt-right and doesn't believe in their bullshit.

The Scottish courts are trying to ruin this guy's life.