• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Tried to buy everclear in Mass once to make hurricanes and they kicked me out because I had an out of state ID. Apparently it is illegal there.

Everclear 190 is illegal. Fun fact, my mother worked for a water lab and they used to use everclear to calibrate a piece of equipment. They used to have to send a courier to RI to procure it.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
I chugged Everclear for 10 seconds or so from the bottle in college. I liked it back then. Plus everyone at the party thought that was pretty fucking hardcore. I suppose it was by 20 year old standards. Got alcohol poisoning and went to the hospital.

I never drank Everclear again. But I bet I'd still like it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That second one is fake as shit, first one may be real considering he didn't actually drink it

Jan 4, 2018
I kinda unironically like Malort. I mean it tastes 'bad', but I also kinda like it? Plus it's fun seeing other people try it for the first time and hate it.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
My first drink of Malort is recorded. I make a little bit of a face but it's more of a "huh, okay," not gagging and wretching. It's definitely a weird, very bitter flavor but I don't get the over the top reactions. Maybe I was just ready for it. People also said that there's a lot of variation between batches even in the original/official Malort, so I might have gotten a milder one.

That was kinda my experience. A friend brought over some 50mL bottles of it, and I expected it to be absolutely horrible based off everything I heard. After trying it, it was just meh. I guess I listened to others too much that overhyped how bad it was.

Mango Pilot

Apr 8, 2024
I don't drink so can someone tell me---is Everclear normally mixed with other things first and that's why this is bananas?

Also, why is the second person drinking a whole glass. That's a monster shot.
Yes, it most often mixed with a fruit punch or drink in a massive vat or bowl. Mostly at parties where people will be underage drinking (Frats, HS parties) Its very cheap and gets you fucked up fast and hides the taste of alcohol which many teenagers don't like yet.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
That second one is fake as shit, first one may be real considering he didn't actually drink it

IDK she had the little shakes and controlled breathing you do when you body is rejecting booze. It is alcoholic shit but people do down alcohol like that.

Hopefully she was sick minutes later.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I could probably pull it off, but with an actual regular sized shot. Not proud of it, but I'm a bit of an experienced drinker.

IDK she had the little shakes and controlled breathing you do when you body is rejecting booze. It is alcoholic shit but people do down alcohol like that.

Yeah, I watched it once without the sound on. Thought it was fake. Then I watched it with the sound on. ...Sounded pretty convincing to me, but I could be wrong.

Ryno

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a challenge that will be very dangerous either from people who don't know what they are doing or someone trying to one up another. Basically every tik tok challenge now that I think about it

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
This reminds me of one of my favorite stories. When I was in college I attended a party at Georgetown U. I didn't feel like drinking so I saw there was some fruit punch set out and decided to drink that instead. No one else at the party seemed interested in it and it was really delicious punch so I pretty much posted up next to it for the entire party guzzling it down.

Later when the party was almost over the host swings my way to say hi and looks at my cup, looks at the nearly empty punch bowl, then back at my cup and then at me. He says "have you been drinking this all night?" and I say "yeah, it's really good, did you make it?" to which he replies "I did, and I poured two full bottles of everclear into it".

🥴😵‍💫😵

Last thing I remember about that weekend. My friends said it took four of them to carry me out lol

To this day I wonder if I would have had a reaction if he hadn't said anything 🤔

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely enjoy alcoholic beverages but not the feeling of being too drunk and the horrible side effects so this is absolutely degenerate behavior to me.

When I drink too much I get the sweats, short bouts of heart palpitations, insomnia, and general gut rot leading to nasty bathroom trips. Sometimes it'll feel like my nerves are frayed the next day too. It helps if I drink a lot of water, eat a medium sized meal (not too small or else it hits too hard and not too large or else it seems to exacerbate the heart palpitations for some reason), and pace myself really well.

Everclear just sucks up all the fun out of it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, even with 151 you don't just down that much without reaction. The reaction she had could have been just tensing her chest/diaphragm forcefully for a minute, she drank water

Oct 28, 2017
At least zoomers aren't above making terrible decisions. I've also seen them drink MD20/20 which will also have them having a bad time.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
190 proof is just silly.

Malort on the other hand I want to try. I'm a big fan of anise (maybe wormwood?) and bitter liquors, and I want to see how bad this actually is.

One day I want to tank Malort and Clairin in the same sitting for the hell of it and see what happens.

Mar 23, 2019
If that wasn't real then those were the most convincing "constantly swallowing my spit because I'm trying my hardest not to puke" sounds I've ever heard 😂

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Comparing it to Malort is weird. Malort is like 35% abv, easy to shoot. Ever clear is ever clear lol

I don't understand pencil shavings. It actually tastes like very bitter grapefruit and rubber.

I know sometimes when something is extremely bitter it can taste like you're eating dirt, so I don't know of that's what they were trying to go for lol

Because otherwise I saw it can taste like grapefruit rinds.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I hear about everclear it makes me think of a story my brother told me about a guy trying to spit fireballs at a bar and then having a very costly mistake when trying to do it with everclear.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
OOOF. Took me back to college on this one.

Freshman year, first week, jungle juice. At a party at North Carolina Central. Had more than my fair share.

Don't know how I made it back to my dorm. Woke up the next day: one shoe on, door wide open, keys in the lock.

Apparently, I did NOT vomit. I was just wasted.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I looked up what Malort tastes like and someone said "pencil shavings and heartbreak" lol

The only reason people ever do shots of Malort at a bar is because it's preceded by a conversation like:

- seriously though it's SO fuckin' awful, you wouldn't believe it
-- oh cmon, it can't be THAT bad, let's all try it... I dare you

then a bit later "hoooooly shit 🤢"