• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Sinking City got hard pulled from the Microsoft Store ()they killed the page and even in my Library, I still have it on my external hard drive, but I forgot to download the DLC... I don't even see the option to redownload the game when I have the external hard drive unplug.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/iobwp9/sinking_city_game_and_dlc_got_pulled_from_the/

Labelled as rumor as this is the only thread I could find about this. If somebody here owns this game, could you please check if you can re-download it?

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Anybody else that has the game can confirm this?

frogwares.com

The Sinking City is Being Delisted. Here's Why - Frogwares

An open letter from our studio about the fate of The Sinking City and why it has been removed from various storefronts.

For reference, the game was delisted on all platforms not long ago following a legal dispute with publisher Nacon.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried launching my Xbox version (bought it a few weeks ago when it was being delisted) and it launches fine.

Obviously not doing to delete it to try to redownload if this is maybe going on!

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
oh lol, I just searched in my Steam library and it's gone
It never launched on Steam (EGS Exclusive)

The game should still be availabe in Origin and Switch, where the original devs actually published the game themselves.But yeah, Dev is suing the publisher (because the publisher was doing mega scummy things to them).

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
It's still available on EGS. Not that I'd ever want to play it again, the game is bad.

Edit: I should clarify that it's avaliable in my library, not from the store page.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
I'm really worried about Spiders new game now

Maybe a peripheral manufacturer shouldn't have gotten into game publishing

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I will say that, although it's installed to my console and I can play it just fine, it does not seem to be in Games Library anymore (where it shows all of your owned games, including those installed)

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
They were the publisher for some versions of the game, such as Xbox and EGS. Which is where they are disappearing from.

I thought it was clarified that they were never the actual publisher for any version and just licensed the game out a distributor? Isn't that part of what the lawsuit is about

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
It never launched on Steam (EGS Exclusive)

The game should still be availabe in Origin and Switch, where the original devs actually published the game themselves.But yeah, Dev is suing the publisher (because the publisher was doing mega scummy things to them).
Steam never removes your games once you bought them even if they get removed from the store, this never was on steam.

Ha, you're right. I didn't remember when it was. Just checked EGS - no Sinking City (I've typed the name in the library search, not just scrolled through).

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was clarified that they were never the actual publisher for any version and just licensed the game out a distributor? Isn't that part of what the lawsuit is about
I mean, BigBen had distributor rights that made them act as a publisher for them for a set amount of time, which basically meant that by all intents and purposes they were the publisher. There is a reason why the game is still available in Origin or Switch, where they self-published. The lawsuit is more because BigBen broke the terms of agreement and wanted full ownership (including asking them to send source code TO MAKE A COMPETITOR GAME) instead of the agreed thing.
(and well, how they describe the relationship is traditional publisher relationship, except the part of BigBen being absolute dicks)

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
This does put a digital only future in some perspective, rare as it is.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon, it's a cool game.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Could be an error. Something similar happened with Telltale's games when they were delisted; you couldn't redownload stuff like Game of Thrones or I think Minecraft: Story Mode for a while, but it was eventually fixed.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
I'm fucking sick of this "mistake" happening. It happened with Telltale games as well. For this reason I keep a separate list of every game I've purchased now.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
They also had some similar issues with Focus so they weren't much better for Frogwares.
The Focus thing happened because they went with BigBen/Nacon, though.

Focus didn't go out of their way to be nice to FrogWares, but they weren't claiming the games as their own. They simply didn't take any extra steps to help FrogWares transition to self-publish.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
A digital only future terrifies me because of stuff like this. Ugh.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty cool, worth picking up a physical copy before it's impossible?

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They also had some similar issues with Focus so they weren't much better for Frogwares.
I always thought that the relationship between Focus and Frogwares was strained because they moved towards Big Ben and Big Ben was in the process of screwing over Focus on multiple fronts.

Anyway It's a shame for Frogwares, I always had a soft spot for them.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Could be an error. Something similar happened with Telltale's games when they were delisted; you couldn't redownload stuff like Game of Thrones or I think Minecraft: Story Mode for a while, but it was eventually fixed.
Yeah, I was about to say this. There's always the P.T. case, sure, but that was a free demo. I'm pretty sure they can't legally remove a game from your account as long as you've purchased it.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
That is my post on reddit. 😅
I did post on the other frogware thread here but no one respond.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a few people confirm it on reddit and true achievements.

Frogware also had issue with Focus for sherlock holmes. They delisted the original, but we can still download it and the page on the MS store still existed.

Guess I would need to copy it on my internal and external. In case, those hard drive dies. Shame we won't have it on next Gen.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I checked my library. It is indeed gone. I actually have it installed, so I can play it. But when I check my library it's not listed anymore in there.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Oh another thread, I am the person that create that reddit post. I bought this game when we learned that the game was going to be delisted.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
Hmm, I haven't played the game before, but just now I was able to download it from my Origin Access subscription. I wonder if their contract with EA is something they're afraid to mess with, or if Microsoft is just being way too lax with what they let publishers do on their platform.