Now that MS has two publishing arms, which is your favorite and why?

• XGS.

Votes: 120 21.2%
  • Bethesda.

Votes: 229 40.5%
  • I like both equaly.

Votes: 151 26.7%
  • I don't like either.

Votes: 65 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
For me there is no context, AOE is at the top of my favorite franchises (I liked the franchise before I ever knew anything about xbox) and I like a lot of the other XGS franchises too (Halo and Forza being standouts).

Bethesda's favorite franchise for me would be Wolfenstein.

What about you guys? I am expecting the poll to be somewhat lopsided due to all the bethesda fans in other platforms who have never experienced XGS games, but it will be interesting to see the results anyway.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I really don't understand why they are maintaining Bethesda as a seperate publishing arm to XGS. As a transitionary measure, sure, ok, but it seems largely redundant given the role of a publishing organization.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
A couple or years ago I would have said Beth, I still love them I just love XGS more. After playing through all the wasteland and bards tale games from inxile plus pillars of eternity from obsidian there just isn't any contest

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They got enough recognisable characters for a smash clone.

Jan 4, 2018
I can't decide between Fallout and Perfect Dark.

I really don't understand why they are maintaining Bethesda as a seperate publishing arm to XGS. As a transitionary measure, sure, ok, but it seems largely redundant given the role of a publishing organization.

Matt Booty can't manage 23 studios (well, he could I guess, but there is only 24 hours in a day). Also prevents layoffs and unnecessary changes.

Take-Two has 3 publisher arms for instance (Private Division, 2K, Rockstar).

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
You say that, but Microsoft don't have a huge amount of infrastructure for Xbox outside of the Us, somethings are handled by 3rd party agencies

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Historically I really liked Halo before 5 and the Rare games before Kinect so I'm voting for XGS. MS published a lot of stuff I liked on 360 actually. Bethesda has Doom but otherwise I haven't really played their stuff.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They both have games i love and games I'm more apathetic about. I probably like both pretty equally.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Mine is Bethesda, I love Arkane, I think that they are now the best team under Microsoft and I love TES and Fallout more than anything that MGS has in their disposal. Never been a fan of Halo, GoW and I hate racing games. I haven't tried Sea of Thieves, but that seems like it would be my favorite thing from them. Still not better than anything from Arkane or BGS though (I'm sure).

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Bethesda for me. Can't wait to see what's brewing with Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
From the games i have enjoyed in the last few years it's certainly Bethesda and their subsidiaries. But i'm also really excited about the current projects in development at XGS.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
As of today, Bethesda, but I'm exited for the future of XGS. So I guess in the end I'll like them both equally.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
A few years back I would have said Bethesda, as a massive TES fan.

On the other hand... Halo and Forza are amongst my favorite series ever, I feel very confident about the next Fable, and Obsidian, inXile and Double Fine are also absolutely top tier in my book so... It's a tie (yes, TES is a huge deal).

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
XGS.

Halo is my favorite franchise ever and I typically love whatever Rare puts out.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Honestly, probably Xbox Games Studios honestly. I fucking love Halo 4 and 5, and I also love all the shit being done with the MCC, and Halo Infinite is probably the game I am looking forward to the most honestly. Then there's also The Coalition who made Gears 4 and 5 and those games are pretty much gaming comfort food to me honestly. And that's not mentioning the other teams that I really love in Ninja Theory (DmC was the best one, don't @ me), Obsidian games (Grounded is fun AF, and they also made Kotor 2) and Rare who have always been good.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bethesda, but I only really care about BGS, iD Software and Machine Game's Wolfenstein games for the most part on account of having not gotten around to playing either Prey or Dishonored yet despite both having been on my radar (and Steam Wishlists) for years now

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of them publishes Age of Empires and the other doesn't. I also never played a Bethesda game until Evil Within. Bethesda has been known to publish so many mediocre games outside of Fallout and Elder scrolls.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they're publishing 1 more game then closing? I'm not talking about the development studio.

Yeah, they closed their publishing arm shortly after being bought out. The VP of Double Fine Publishing went to Sony I think.

Anyways, my favorite is Bethesda. Arkane, BGS, Tango and id are great studios.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Id and Arkane alone are much better than the MS side stuff.

Machine are also great.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Tbh I don't like most of what's under that MS umbrella...and Bethesda have Arkane....so they win by default.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
If fable, avowed, perfect dark, and halo are really stellar games it might be better

but scrolls is mega amazing fallout is great and could be amazing and doom quake wolfenstein are all great

right now I choose Bethesda....but my god is Microsoft loaded with upcoming games

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Mainly because having 23 studios under matt booty might lead to him being unable to handle the sudden increase in workload

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Has to be Bethesda due to being a huge RPG fan but also because they released some really good games this past gen that I really enjoyed.

T0kenAussie

Banned
Jan 15, 2020
Imagine poor Matt Booty trying to run around 23 different studios trying to keep a pipeline up. It's too much for one org imo

Makes sense to allow zenimax to operate their pipelines how the like and know and just give them funding an security

Also imagine all the press contacts and the like that suddenly have double the work would be horrible for them

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I originally thought bethesda but now reconsidering. Ori, Forza are major games for me, handful of others

Publishers do a ton of work, and bethesda will still be publishing all of their subsidiary games.

Over time things might change and redundancies will be eliminated, but doing so within a few years won't be possible.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I will have to choose Bethesda because XGS is mostly question marks right now. Someone, wake me from cryo sleep in 2022-2024 when the big games start dropping.

Avowed please be amazing.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Probably because bethesda has an entire different work culture than xgs and they don't want to mess with that. Bethesda is still bethesda. Making them XGS could strip them from that identity and we don't want that.

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
Obsidian and inXile are almost enough to make me say XGS, but if it weren't for the Bethesda purchase I'd still be looking at a PS5 instead of an Xbox or PC.