Votes: 702 55.4%
  • It was pure Bantha poodoo đź’©

Votes: 305 24.1%

• Total voters

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Definitely a mixed bag of things I liked and things I didn't. It honestly feels like they moved forward with a solid rough draft of a script that needed revisions. The budget definitely holds it back as well.

If they had hired a script doctor, put more money into it, got better actors for the Inquisitors, and hired a stronger composer, this show would be an easy slam dunk.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Obi wan refer to him as Darth in A New Hope because that was his actual name? It wasn't until sometime after the first movie that it was decided Darth was an actual title, or at least a collective name that all Sith use. Really, the correct way would be to call him Vadar as a symbolism that Anakin no longer exists, as Darth is just like... Mr or Lord. Vadar would make more sense, but they did it in the original so they left it in :P

Obviously yes, but it still works in-universe. Darth is like Evil Mr not just Mr.

Nov 2, 2017
Quite simply it didn't make a single part of Star Wars better, but it did make some parts of Star Wars worse. So for that reason alone, and some decent individual scenes aside, it's a failure. The only good thing about it is that it provides material for Auralnauts to expand the Larry story.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It was six hours of show with about two hours of story. Other than getting to see Ewan back in the role for a bit and a small bit of solid scenes, nope, this was kind of a dud for me.

It also doesn't help that the best moment in this show was yanked directly from Rebels.

Btmmayor

Jun 4, 2018
I didn't pay attention to Internet bitching, because let's face it, Internet bitching can never be satisfied.
I thought it was great.

This so much for me. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. The only times I've watched something Star Wars related and have been completely satisfied is leaving the theater in 1977 for the original, 1980 for empire and then Rogue One. Most everything else outside of Rise and Book of Boba has been highly entertaining but filled with stuff that just needs to be dealt with.……….jar jar, ewoks, sand, anakins dark side turn, plot and body armor…..the list goes on.

I remember the huge gap in between Return of the Jedi and the special editions and didnt think new Star Wars would ever be made. I would have killed for this stuff back then.

Again though, the good highly outweighs the bad in my opinion and Obi-Wan is no different. I'm glad we got it and enjoyed the hell out of it.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
As the poll options are limited; there is a vast difference between meh and amazing; it was good. Not amazing, not meh. Enjoyed it probably more than most the films (Which I quite liked), not quite the highs of the Mandalorian and the first few episodes started off slow but a solid 7/10.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
I should note I haven't seen any of the Disney + Star Wars before this but man this was dreadful in almost every way. Maybe I'm spoilt when I venture off HBO content but I couldn't believe how bad most of the performances are, nonsensical story that require far too many coincidences, some awful blocking and directing and all around just plain boring.

Outside a few nice moments there was nothing redeeming about this.

Oct 27, 2017
This is a franchise where the mediocre and outright bad outweighs the good stuff.

I thought this was a lot closer to the good stuff than most of the rest of the franchise. This and Rogue One are my two favourite Star Wars films/shows since the OT.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Honestly it should have been the movie it was originally written to be instead of stretching that story out over six episodes. It definitely needed the budget as the worlds they lived on just seemed like some California wildlife or whatever without any effort at all. Otherwise it was fine with some high points. Otherwise the story was fine overall. I would've liked to see the inquisitors helicopter about, but really only because I find it funny. Series was probably worth it alone for the amount of racists triggered by a black woman wielding a lightsaber.

Jun 24, 2019
I ended up enjoying the show more than I expected. Not 'amazing', but it was a worthwhile watch.

The best moments shined out to me more than the lacklustre scenes. I agree there was a couple of missteps in the writing (Bail's message was so stupid) and the pacing being off, but much of that is to blame the 6 episode format.

Child leia actor was very good. The lightsaber duels were cool. New lore and context was given for the movies. I do like the return of OG characters and their exchanges with Kenobi - made me feel nostalgic about the prequels.

Overall, it's a good show to pass the time.