Votes: 398 40.9%
  • I will get the PS5 version

Votes: 336 34.6%
  • I will get both

Votes: 238 24.5%

• Total voters

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to wait for the inevitable PS5 patch, but 6+ months is an awfully long time to avoid spoilers. I'll probably just get it at launch.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Ha, late because the new thread got locked.

To answer, ask if people will want to wait to play a sequel to one of the best games ever?

Nope.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Just delay til November and make it a PS5 launch game. Make sure it's 60 FPS and have some cool effects exclusive to that platform. Releasing it mere months before PS5 seems kinda dumb

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
I bought TLOU on PS3, barely played it, and finally got into the game when it came with my slim PS4. Felt so much better at 60fps.

I have plenty of stuff to play, never been worried about waiting on a game before. So I'll either wait for a PS5 version or PS4 BC enhanced.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Might be a definitive edition on PS5 including multiplayer which presumably will be coming. But with the delay of PS4 version I wouldn't be confident any PS5 version would be at launch - you could be looking more like spring 2021. i'll be getting on PS4 day one

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is no need for me to hurry to buy this game. And I'll definitely not play it on base PS4, it will be the worst version between it, the Pro and PS5. I hope Sony doesn't let us pay an upgrade toll for the game on ps5.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
It is quite possible, especially if it has a ps5 patch, or ps5 bc is ps4pro enhanced and not just basic ps4. I have a huge backlog so that will help, but it will be difficult to avoid spoilers and going into TLoU2 threads.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't get some of you. What better way to launch a new system than potentially with a GOTY contender?

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And risk the chance of getting spoiled? No fucking way.

No possible upgrade is worth waiting on.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did this become normalised? Why even be a "PS5" version when they should just upgrade the PS4 version for free with a patch when it's gonna be backwards compatible?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did this become normalised? Why even be a "PS5" version when they should just upgrade the PS4 version for free with a patch when it's gonna be backwards compatible?

Because a patch will not be able to include the improvements that next gen brings.

You won't get increased foliage
You won't magically get better looking character models.
You won't get better looking geometry.
You probably won't get ray tracing to just work via a patch.

At most, a patch will give better framerate and resolution, maybe textures, that's it.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't get some of you. What better way to launch a new system than potentially with a GOTY contender?

'they didn't launch PS4 with TLOU, and that was about the same distance out from launch as TLOU2 will be. If they're still polishing I just don't see it being ready for launch.

so - TLOU2 PS4 mid-2020, or TLOU PS5 maybe edition mid-2021?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

PS4 sold out with Knack and Killzone Shadowfall... the PS5 doesn't need a BOTW or Halo to sell.

Yeah, it would be nice to have it at PS5's launch but Sony and ND will make more money launching it on PS4.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 sold out with Knack and Killzone Shadowfall... the PS5 doesn't need a BOTW or Halo to sell.

Yeah, it would be nice to have it at PS5's launch but Sony and ND will make more money launching it on PS4.
Knack is game of the gen let's be real

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy the PS4 version since I feel like this game is mostly story and I'd rather not be spoiled. The graphics look good enough and honestly, the PS5 version wouldn't be all that different unless they spent a lot more time with it. These games already target 4k on the pro systems with the checkerboarding and whatever else so it's not like textures and stuff will really be substantially different. The models won't be different and the lighting would have to have been done with ray tracing in mind to really benefit alot (you can see alot of RTX stuff on PC that's an after thought not really being too impactful but games made with it in mind upfront looked better) not to mention performance on ray tracing is rough so I don't think its something that'll be simple to just toss in (im assuming the implementation is some low end stuff but that's unknown).

So yeah all in all, I think the only difference would be better framerates and native resolutions on top of stuff like draw distances, model count (model count likely won't matter much for the kind of game this is), and maybe some additional effects. They aren't delaying it to make the PS5 version. They are delaying it to complete the PS4 version. Took RDR2 a year to come out with extras that were worthwhile for PC and I expect Sony to be just as slow about it if they are making it at all. A patch would make more sense to me. I don't think PS4 games are going to be remastered much since this thing is supposed to be backward compatible so if everything works out well, games will retroactively have better framerates and resolutions like how the Xbox One X does if the game supported it and patches for those that didn't.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
The game will be months old the next time I get to play my PS4 again, so at that point, I might as well wait until it goes on sale during Black Friday and play it on PS5

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
PS4, I don't know that I'd have a PS5 right away or when a PS5 version would come (though within the first 12 months of launch is a good guess). I've been waiting for this game for so long and I'm sure it'll still look and play fantastic on even my base PS4.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably just play the ps4 version first. My dream PS5 scenario is that there's some forwards compatibility if there's a cross gen version. According to the reports all the games have to be installed anyway. Why not just download the PS5 version. Even if it was playable on the console on launch or something I couldn't go 5 months or so without playing the game.

Feb 10, 2018
I change nearly everyday on this,
TLOU2 looks great, but it will be the sweet sweetness on PS5 even if its just 4k 60fps.